Do you still drink tea?

Wilsonandson

You just beat me to it with that last post.

I was about to divulge that best kept secret for fellow tea lovers. Over the last few weeks I have been using the Tesco branded Ceylon tea. It's 79 baht for 50 tea bags and it's lovely. I have a small coffee filter machine and drop one of the Ceylon tea bags in there and have 2 large mugs of tea. Highly recommended and very very good value.

Currently working through an assorted lot of teabags I acquired in Pattaya, had one with a Twinings "Australian Afternoon" tag, never heard of that before but it was very good.

Otherwise PG or Yorkshire when I have it, Tesco's own brand (not sure if that is what is referred to above) when I haven't.

Once a week or so I have a 3-in-1 cocoa with a drop of Regency before bed. Makes a change.

yes, why not.

i'll drink normal tea and any bags will do, even the lipton that everone seems to hate for some reason.... got some earl grey right now which my friend left in my condo, but i'd prefer normal tea.

i drink 1 red cup coffee in the morning, and more if im still tired, but tea is better for me in the afternoon rather than coffee

I'm a coffee lover and I own an espresso machine so I need my daily coffee.

But I do enjoy a cup of tea the British way sometimes even if I'm Norwegian.  

My favourite tea here in Thailand is the imported tea from Ceylon called Dilmah,  the original one has the best flavor in my opinion, you can buy them at Makro or Tops.  100 bags is 249 baht . 

s-l300.jpg

This must be a Brit thing/question? Tea time and all that....

I don't drink coffee but make it for my wife either hot or iced every day.....

Coincidentally, she made me a cup of tea this morning while we sat on the front porch - usually it's something deemed healthy - but not tea.....

I think it was the first I had this year....

On 11/18/2016 at 8:08 AM, faraday said:

And Chocolate Digestives......:thumbsup:

when I got to my workplace in Derby in 1989 I was dismayed: 

'darling, it appears that not only do they not supply any tea or coffee but we havta provide our own kettle as well...and this on top of the shit salary...'

and then she sneered, finding that the man that she married was not the gold mine that she had expected:

'and I suppose that you'll have a bikkie drawer in yer desk with crumbs and bits and all the rest of it as well?...'

there were difficult times ahead...

In parts of the world that aren't England or Scotland tea is also a staple -- even here in Thailand. My FIL in the northeast 30 years ago always had a cup at hand, as did his neighbors, so I felt right at home, even as the buffaloes scratched around underneath the house.

But here's a little tip for you. A local brew which I love -- Angkhang red. My favorite way to make it is in a glass teapot or one of those coffee plunger things (I don't drink coffee, but the plunger thingy is very useful). Serve it in a small glass cup. Nothing added. Pure bliss. Twinings Earl Grey ain't bad either. Some great teas around nowadays -- I sometimes stop at the Tea Village next to Tesco on Pattaya Nua, or the Chinese tea shop towards the northern end of Soi Yumi. Rooibos (the South African version) is another refreshing drink I like (although technically not a tea).

20161128_122257aaa.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Why in the world would people stop drinking tea and real coffee? That is for me to sink to a very low level of human existance. And then go fron drinking enlish tea to 3 in 1 coffee? That´s just an unbelievable horrible thought. I am not a big tea drinker, but like a cup now and then. But, to change my coffee to 3 in 1. That´s just not a way to go for me as a person that lives by the code to "Get Real"