Polish tourists beaten, robbed by Phuket teenagers

rooster59

Polish tourists beaten, robbed by Phuket teenagers

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_2016123154848539_PiyUryAuLTUvjIKghmMGIHgsTTZvrfgHNebFcczn_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET: Phuket police yesterday evening apprehended four teenagers who brutally attacked and robbed two Polish tourists at Karon viewpoint on Thursday night.

Karon Police arrived at the scene of the crime to find a man and woman, injured and scared. 

The victims told police that four young boys came up behind them while they were walking. One of them smashed a glass bottle over the man's head, and then to his knee, causing him to collapse to the ground. The woman was also slammed to the ground and injured. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Polish-tourists-beaten-robbed-Phuket-teenagers/65950?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-12-04

8 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Bad for the tourists, some more bad publicity for Thailand.

At least it appears that the correct amount was reported stolen, not like some of the probably inflated figures heard before.

And no gold chain worth up from 200,000 baht ! 

That's the trouble with travel insurance these days - they always want to see the receipt of purchase. Bastards!

I will bet I am not the only one who is worried about today's youth. They seem to be growing up without much guidance, discipline, or parental participation. Many seem like wild animals. Little focus, and little sense of direction. It does make one give pause, about the future of the planet, under their guidance. Kind of makes me glad I am a bit older, and will not have to see much of it. Sounds like a dark, dystopian vision of the future, but when one really takes a good look at alot of today's youth, it is hard to avoid coming to a similar conclusion.

Thailand has always been a relatively safe place. When I talk to my wife, she grew up with two very good, solid parents, who were not afraid to impose discipline, set limits, and show her when she was out of line. It created a very focused woman, who has alot of kindness and respect for others. How many of the kids today receive that kind of upbringing? Will Thailand be as safe a place ten, or twenty years from now, as it is today?

"The victims told police that four young boys came up behind them while they were walking. One of them smashed a glass bottle over the man's head, and then to his knee, causing him to collapse to the ground."

A Clockwork Orange :wacko:

This kind of behaviour by young people seems to happen everywhere these days, and I wonder how much of it is down to modern parenting. When I was a kid my father worked and my mother looked after the house and us kids. Now, being a mother is often treated as a part-time job alongside the mother doing a job outside of the home. Being a mother is NOT a part-time job.

I am not being a chauvinist and saying a women's place is at the kitchen sink and that she shouldn't realise her potential in the job market, but a child needs guidance and someone at home to prevent them running wild.

Now, though, society dictates that being an absent parent is more acceptable than a woman being restricted to the home. So society must pay the consequences. We can't have it both ways. A woman is a mother or a businessperson. Mixing the two is an almost impossible task for many.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I will bet I am not the only one who is worried about today's youth. They seem to be growing up without much guidance, discipline, or parental participation. Many seem like wild animals. Little focus, and little sense of direction. It does make one give pause, about the future of the planet, under their guidance. Kind of makes me glad I am a bit older, and will not have to see much of it. Sounds like a dark, dystopian vision of the future, but when one really takes a good look at alot of today's youth, it is hard to avoid coming to a similar conclusion.

Thailand has always been a relatively safe place. When I talk to my wife, she grew up with two very good, solid parents, who were not afraid to impose discipline, set limits, and show her when she was out of line. It created a very focused woman, who has alot of kindness and respect for others. How many of the kids today receive that kind of upbringing? Will Thailand be as safe a place ten, or twenty years from now, as it is today?

Thai parents are very strict with the girls, making them work at an early age. Boys can lay around the house or do anything they want with zero ramifications. Thats what I see anyway.

I find it strange that a disgraceful attack by young scumbags on Phuket island, no doubt too lazy to get a part time job , can only draw comments and sarcasm from TV members regards potential and previous insurance scams, taxi drivers who will make ' merit '  by coming to the fore quickly from nowhere and doing  a good deed etc to repair Thailands image instead of focussing on this heinous crime.

I wonder if it would have been so easily dismissed had it happened to the TV members making light of such a vicious attack??

it must of been very frightening and distressing for the poor victims and another example of how out of control Thailand has become. I wish them a speedy recovery and safe journey home.

I am sure they will not wish to return to Thailand very quickly and try places such as Vietnam , Laos or Malaysia where there is still respect for elders and the rule of law.

No doubt the parents of these filth will be running down to the police station to secure bail as quickly as possible. A shame they are not more interested as to the whereabouts of their kids on a daily basis.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

imo, Thailand and other SE Asian countries still much safer than many western countries half their size.

In the older time no one had tv and kids where kids not some kind of game players and watching killing movies and war destruction. Parents are a blame always because their job is to make sure kids have the best of everything but it is a big mistake these days.

It is all the same every where in the world. Thailand is not exempt from that and  technology is coming too fast for them to comprehend what is happening.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Today the kids are raised on I Phones and by I Phones.

I find it strange that a disgraceful attack by young scumbags on Phuket island, no doubt too lazy to get a part time job , can only draw comments and sarcasm from TV members regards potential and previous insurance scams, taxi drivers who will make ' merit '  by coming to the fore quickly from nowhere and doing  a good deed etc to repair Thailands image instead of focussing on this heinous crime.

I wonder if it would have been so easily dismissed had it happened to the TV members making light of such a vicious attack??

it must of been very frightening and distressing for the poor victims and another example of how out of control Thailand has become. I wish them a speedy recovery and safe journey home.

I am sure they will not wish to return to Thailand very quickly and try places such as Vietnam , Laos or Malaysia where there is still respect for elders and the rule of law.

No doubt the parents of these filth will be running down to the police station to secure bail as quickly as possible. A shame they are not more interested as to the whereabouts of their kids on a daily basis.

" I am sure they will not wish to return to Thailand very quickly and try places such as Vietnam , Laos or Malaysia where there is still respect for elders and the rule of law."

Lol just because they don't report crimes on TV doesn't mean it doesn't happen!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

" I am sure they will not wish to return to Thailand very quickly and try places such as Vietnam , Laos or Malaysia where there is still respect for elders and the rule of law."

Lol just because they don't report crimes on TV doesn't mean it doesn't happen!

I am a regular in all these countries and they have a lot better rule of law and citizens who respect the law far more than the likes of Thailand and Cambodia.

It's very clear on the way they behave, on the streets and the stats to back it up.

The safest in the region is Singapore in my book. Thailand and Cambodia are still living in the Wild West.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I am a regular in all these countries and they have a lot better rule of law and citizens who respect the law far more than the likes of Thailand and Cambodia.

It's very clear on the way they behave, on the streets and the stats to back it up.

The safest in the region is Singapore in my book. Thailand and Cambodia are still living in the Wild West.

I live in Bangkok and farang getting bashed by street kids is very rare. Waaay safer than the west which is a lot wilder. Maybe it's a phuket phenomenon

3 hours ago, nemrut said:

imo, Thailand and other SE Asian countries still much safer than many western countries half their size.

Keeping in mind that Thailand is only four fifths the size of Texas, please share your knowledge of the western countries that are half the size of Lao, Vietnam, Cambodia, Burma, Korea.....Feel free to use Texas as a reference point. Considering that you can fit Laos and Cambodia, both, inside of France.

Mcfish

Pattaya especially with young bike gangs, parts of Udon, Phuket, Koh Tao, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai all seem to have more than their fair share of street kids violence these days.

Violence has been on the rise world wide for years
In 50 years the world went from leaving doors unlocked to where we are now. I don't think Thailand really rates with Western cities especially in the USA

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Malaysia and Vietnam? Hardly rule of law over there, stop talking nonsense.

Lived 8 years in Malaysia, toured Vietnam from top to bottom. Had my cars stolen 4 times and high rise condo robbed via adjoining apartment in broad daylight while my pregnant wife had to lock herself in the bedroom. Not to mention pick pockets robbing us at Sepang airport and women being constantly exposed to sexual harassment in streets, shopping malls, offices...Johor Bahru, the carjacking capital of South-East Asia, Butterworth and Penang - the Tamil Indian minority gangster capital etc...

Vietnam: got pick-pocketed right before eyes of the policeman who pretended not to see anything. Only got my staff back after grabbing culprit by the neck. Not to mention motorcycle thieves and machete wielding maniacs.

Thailand is Disneyland compared to these 2 countries.

THE SKY IS FALLING!
THE SKY IS FALLING!

92a817b39700ce17f427638525d79b53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect