Poll: Your predictions about baht bus fare increase for the new year!

Jingthing

Poll: Your predictions about baht bus fare increase (or not) for the new year!  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Uh oh.

Based on this report, something big may really be about to happen with the baht buses.IF they are actually going to be required to fulfill set and long routes (and possibly no more charters) it seems almost definite that would be paired with a FARE RISE.

Sorry, cheap Charlies!

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Uh oh.

Based on this report, something big may really be about to happen with the baht buses.IF they are actually going to be required to fulfill set and long routes (and possibly no more charters) it seems almost definite that would be paired with a FARE RISE.

Sorry, cheap Charlies!

Looks like only a handful of us got the poll right.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You misunderstood. I'm not advocating any specific changes. Just found your reasons why they couldn't happen ridiculous.

How about that thread you started a few months ago stating a increase fare would be fair? Looks like someone in power saw that and ran with it.

12 hours ago, fforest1 said:

No charters ? Thats just stupid..

How do you think about 90-95% of people who live in Pattaya move

their stuff from room to room?...Sorry but Taxis would not get the job

done..

And the reason for no charters would be??? There could be NO reason

just made up senseless bureaucracy....

Pattayas Baht buses are fantastic just they way they are...

There should be no complaints about them from any one

paying such a small price...

I agree fully

On 23-12-2016 at 1:49 PM, Jingthing said:

Sorry but I have no idea what you just said. 

when i return the evening from pats to jomtien on new years night they charge me 20bht they tell me before embarqement fair enof so i pay with a smile

3 hours ago, jeanpierre said:

when i return the evening from pats to jomtien on new years night they charge me 20bht they tell me before embarqement fair enof so i pay with a smile

New Year's night, n'est-ce pas?

You're quite the TIME TRAVELLER!:stoner:

I wouldn't count on getting one. Today at midday there was not a single baht bus waiting.. None! Just a lot of sweaty Russians. Ive never seen that before. Eventually an old clunker turned up and was mass panic, people pushing, shoving and just when it got full a Russian couple forced them selves into the aisle with a <deleted> pram!
Im out of jomtien tomorrow, the Baht buses for the rest of the high season are just a nasty experience!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

Confirmed this morning. No rise but it's fascinating how one individual and the rumor mill spinning at full speed nearly made it fact.
I suspect 50% of fact on TV is just that

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

It was reported in Thaivisa news so it certainly wasn't one person. 

As far as it being confirmed the fares aren't going up with the New Year.

That's great although we had already heard that news a few days ago that the military had made that order.

All that said, I'm requesting this thread be closed.

We have the answer.

About 49 percent of the poll respondents here got it correct:

The fares will not change at all in the New Year, for farangs or Thais!

All votes after these numbers INVALID. POLL CLOSED.

FINAL RESULT!

It will change from 10 to 20 baht for BOTH regular rides and long rides -- for BOTH farangs and Thais
It will change from 10 to 20 baht for regular rides and also 20 to 40 baht for long rides -- for BOTH farangs and Thais
It will change from 10 to 20 baht for BOTH regular and long rides for farangs, but will stay at 10 baht for regular rides and 20 baht for long rides for Thais
It will change from 10 to 20 baht for regular rides and 20 to 40 baht for long rides for farangs, but will stay at 10 baht for regular rides and 20 baht for long rides for Thais
Decline to vote / Grumpy expat option / Other / Eat my grits!

Edited by Jingthing

It was reported in Thaivisa news so it certainly wasn't one person. 
As far as it being confirmed the fares aren't going up with the New Year.
That's great although we had already heard that news a few days ago that the military had made that order.
All that said, I'm requesting this thread be closed.
We have the answer.
About 49 percent of the poll respondents here got it correct:

All votes after these numbers INVALID. POLL CLOSED.

FINAL RESULT!
It will change from 10 to 20 baht for BOTH regular rides and long rides -- for BOTH farangs and Thais
It will change from 10 to 20 baht for regular rides and also 20 to 40 baht for long rides -- for BOTH farangs and Thais
It will change from 10 to 20 baht for BOTH regular and long rides for farangs, but will stay at 10 baht for regular rides and 20 baht for long rides for Thais
It will change from 10 to 20 baht for regular rides and 20 to 40 baht for long rides for farangs, but will stay at 10 baht for regular rides and 20 baht for long rides for Thais
Decline to vote / Grumpy expat option / Other / Eat my grits!

Yes your partially right. But depends on who started it first.. Was it tv or was it yourself. If it was you then that shows you how powerful social media really is.

If it was TV first then that was just bad reporting