webfact

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, natway09 said:

Airlines have the right to refuse travel to anyone they wish. Thank goodness. (Read the small print)

Sometimes it pays to keep your mouth firmly shut

Agreed. But there is a bit of controversy about the level of the verbal "attack" on the couple. For example, if I was on the flight and just started having a political discussion, and it was anti-trump, that would be a basic civil right, even on a flight. I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened on the flight but agree the airline has the right to eject. But you know if I was on a flight and there were some hard core pro-trumpists having a political conversation,  I wouldn't be pleased about that, but would that justify complaining to have them ejected? 

13 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Quite a collection of nasty old bigots you've gathered there.

Any reason to think that you are entitled to think that your 'lifestyle choices' are superior to anyone else?

Its not about gay hate. The comments are about the gay community being unusually snarky & sassy. Yeah I'm generalizing here. Plenty that are not of course. But this seems to be where its coming from. 

Of course there is nothing wrong with that, usually. But popping off on an airplane like that, thinking you can get away with it, nope. The airline gives not a single care about politics or weather someone is gay or not. 

Just now, Aggressive said:

Its not about gay hate. The comments are about the gay community being unusually snarky & sassy. Yeah I'm generalizing here. Plenty that are not of course. But this seems to be where its coming from. 

Of course there is nothing wrong with that, usually. But popping off on an airplane like that, thinking you can get away with it, nope. The airline gives not a single care about politics or weather someone is gay or not. 

Bigoted stereotypes. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Bigoted stereotypes. 

Take it up with the media and everything else. Plenty of comedies out there utilizing the same base. Its a generalization just like people assuming Trump supporters are racist bigots. 

No hate here. Dont take it personal. 

1 minute ago, Aggressive said:

That may be your interpretation. I read the posters intent very clearly. The poster could have added something to indicate a dig at gay stereotypes and we could all have a laugh. He  didn't and I guarantee you many of the likers who have a history of homophobic attacks read it the same way I did.

I don't think anyone is defending the guy who made the remarks and most will agree that the consequences were probably appropriate although I do think that airline staff are woefully disrespectful of those customers in the cheap seats.

Take it up with the media and everything else. Plenty of comedies out there utilizing the same base. Its a generalization just like people assuming Trump supporters are racist bigots. 

No hate here. Dont take it personal. 

Not talking about homophobic media. Talking about the bigoted GARBAGE that you posted. Own it or retract. Don't blame it on suggesting it's socially acceptable to trash gay people because of media, and also now the election of trump. 

3 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

The election of donald has destroyed the established rules of polite society. It was his stated intention to bring down the Establishment. Well, it is brought down.His douche brood can no longer expect politeness.

Actually they can fully expect politeness, at least on a public aircraft, minding their own business. Just like anyone else - pop off at your own peril in a situation like that. 

Actually they can fully expect politeness, at least on a public aircraft, minding their own business. Just like anyone else - pop off at your own peril in a situation like that. 

Expect politeness on coach? That's hilarious. 

The First Amendment stops on planes? I didn't read that in the Constitution. They are now public figures. They draw from the public purse. They are no longer private citizens. They cannot be immune from scrutiny, comment and criticism unless you believe this is now a feudal society and we all are to show obeisance to king donald the gullible and his douche brood.

Just now, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

The First Amendment stops on planes? I didn't read that in the Constitution. They are now public figures. They draw from the public purse. They are no longer private citizens. They cannot be immune from scrutiny, comment and criticism unless you believe this is now a feudal society and we all are to show obeisance to king donald the gullible and his douche brood.

I think there probably are different rules on transport crafts, including ships. The captain rules. It's not uncommon for people to be refused to be on aircraft. Even smelling bad can get you booted. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Not talking about homophobic media. Talking about the bigoted GARBAGE that you posted. Own it or retract. Don't blame it on suggesting it's socially acceptable to trash gay people because of media, and also now the election of trump. 

My god. 

Ok I'm owning it. Not retracting anything. its was typed with the best intentions. Nobody is saying its socially acceptable to do anything. 

Stereotypes abound. Generalizations abound. You can not hold your own judgement of others - then find it 'appalling' when other people have the same. 

Again, no hate here, but in all fairness, its not just about you. 

8 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Basically - yes. That applies to both sides just the same. Its an aircraft with passengers. Its not about Trump or Gay Rights. 

2 minutes ago, Aggressive said:

My god. 

Ok I'm owning it. Not retracting anything. its was typed with the best intentions. Nobody is saying its socially acceptable to do anything. 

Stereotypes abound. Generalizations abound. You can not hold your own judgement of others - then find it 'appalling' when other people have the same. 

Again, no hate here, but in all fairness, its not just about you. 

What are your identities? You come on here broadcasting idiotic stereotypes about gay men and then you say nothing bad was intended. I call B.S.

5 hours ago, kamahele said:

Let's put this into context. The daughter of a crazed, psychotic billionaire who has promised to stack the supreme court explicitly to take away the right to marry from gay people was flying on a budget carrier and there was supposed to be some sort of expectation to privacy and protection from citizens expressing their anger? Don't think so.  As for Obama's children, they are minors not middle age adults who campaigned for their father.

Chelsea Clinton isn't a child. Should she chose to fly in an economy compartment, like many people do, would you be OK for people to harass her about her mother and/or father's behaviors?

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Chelsea Clinton isn't a child. Should she chose to fly in an economy compartment, like many people do, would you be OK for people to harass her about her mother and/or father's behaviors?

You're right, they shouldn't be harassed.

There is some controversy now about whether they were really harassed. The gay couple now seems to be denying it was actually harassment.

So it's a matter of where to draw the line. Like I said before, political discussion that is offensive to some on the airplane doesn't seem to cross a line. 

Also to add Chelsea Clinton was never involved in anything substantive when her father was president.

Both Jared and Ivanka have already been deeply involved in very important national and international matters concerning the upcoming trump regime.

So they are much more than children (and husband) of a president elect. They are active political figures in their own rights. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What are your identities? You come on here broadcasting idiotic stereotypes about gay men and then you say nothing bad was intended. I call B.S.

So others can broadcast idiotic stereotypes about non gay men and thats ok? Idiotic stereotypes about Trump voters, and thats ok? 

Honestly I don't understand what your wound up about. 

So others can broadcast idiotic stereotypes about non gay men and thats ok? Idiotic stereotypes about Trump voters, and thats ok? 

Honestly I don't understand what your wound up about. 

You're putting words in my mouth. Nice try at deflection. Life's too short. Aggressive is a good name for you. Welcome to my ignore list. 

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
24 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

You're right, they shouldn't be harassed.

There is some controversy now about whether they were really harassed. The gay couple now seems to be denying it was actually harassment.

So it's a matter of where to draw the line.

Didn't you say just a few posts earlier " Expect politeness on coach? That's hilarious.  "?

So Ivanka shouldn't expect politeness, but Chelsea should?

Oh and the gay couple deny it was harassment and you have problems finding where to draw the line?

Try this one.

" Lasner tweeted earlier that his husband was chasing the couple down in the terminal "to harass them." "

As trumpists would say, speech isn't action. The tweet was obnoxious, but I was talking about exactly what happened on the plane, and there are now conflicting reports about that. That's all I'm saying. I don't contest that airlines have the right to eject passengers for all kinds of reasons. They may not always be wise decisions, and as I wasn't there I can't really say whether this case was really warranted or not, but they do indeed have that right. 

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

But the gay Left,s agenda is much more than being  accepted.  You must endorse their lifestyle or be labelled a bigot.  

Actually, the gay civil rights movement is about striving to have the exact same civil rights as all other citizens.

To add, trump has promised to trash most of Obama's executive orders.

Some of those are about specific gay civil rights issues and there are indeed many of them other than marriage.

For example, in most U.S. states it is legal to be fired from a job or denied housing simply for being gay.

All indications now is that trump WILL be trashing the Obama orders that are pro-gay civil rights. We'll see but he has made promises to right wingers I expect him to keep. 

Gay Americans really did lose a lot in this election. There was every hope that under a President Hillary Clinton that national legislation could be passed making it illegal nationally to fire people just for being gay, denied housing, etc. 

The majority of Americans are actually in favor of such legislation but alas trump won, so hope for this is delayed probably for many decades, considering the expected damage to gay civil rights by trump's actions, republican controlled state actions, and of course the trump loaded supreme court. 

Edited by Jingthing