Student beaten 99 times - mother said she was bribed with 50K to keep it quiet

webfact

Student beaten 99 times - mother said she was bribed with 50K to keep it quiet

a4.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- The mother of the seven year old savagely beaten 99 times in a Pathum Thani school said today that the teacher had tried to bribe her to hush it all up.

But mother Bunseup Khanthong, 50 was not having that. Yesterday morning she took her P1 seven year old called Panudech to Klong Luang police to follow up on the complaint she made after the beating on Friday, reports Thairath.

Panudech was cruelly and relentlessly attacked with a stick described now as a "boy scout staff".

This time there were TV crews and reporters clamoring to see the lacerations on the young boy's back and bottom sustained in the attack. Mum and son had just been to a hospital for treatment and mum said her son was still frightened at the mere mention of the teacher's name.

Bunseup said that earlier the teacher concerned - a female who said that both her parents were in the civil service at the C9 level - had offered her 50,000 baht in exchange for silence.

In a subsequent trip to the Klong Luang school early Monday the director was "away" and the teacher concerned was "on holiday".

Police who took the report said that they would be talking to the teacher and have issued a summons.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-27

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the abusive teacher's parents are C9 civil employees. Is that high up? Just asking because her having good connections will make this turn out like all the other rich on poor crimes. But good on the mom for refusing the bribe. People have to start doing this in these cases.

26 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Interesting the 50k is called a bribe, but when the payoff organized by police or justice in exchange for no charges it is called a settlement

Called a 'gift' when trying to obtain employment in the public service. Doesn't change the nature of it though.

At my school the sadistic head master loved to cane 7 and 8 year olds hard enough to draw blood, usually for trivial offences. Parents didn't complain because it was legal at the time and on the rare occasions they did the complaints were usually thrown out by the British courts. This boy was not beaten very hard by the woman teacher, as there are no scabs, only bruises. However, he got 99 strokes, vs the 3-6 we usually got, all over his body  and it has not been legal for teachers to beat students in the LOS for over 10 years. I hope this teacher is forced to dig deep into her pocket book to pay off the mother, the boy, the police, the ministry and all the other bloodsucking parasites that will now descend on her. But it is too much to hope she will be fired, banned from teaching for life and charged and convicted in a court of law, as she deserves. Since justice will not be done, it would serve her right, if she were attacked by a gang of motor cycle taxi drivers and held done for 99 strokes herself and given a new perspective on corporal punishment.

Edited by Dogmatix

Expect the Police to ask the teacher to report to the station at

her earliest convenience,please,  cannot be bothered to go out 

and arrest her ,for serious assault on a little kid,just for leaving

class to go to toilet.

regards worgeordie

29 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

At my school the sadistic head master loved to cane 7 and 8 year olds hard enough to draw blood, usually for trivial offences. Parents didn't complain because it was legal at the time and on the rare occasions they did the complaints were usually thrown out by the British courts. This boy was not beaten very hard by the woman teacher, as there are no scabs, only bruises. However, he got 99 strokes, vs the 3-6 we usually got, all over his body  and it has not been legal for teachers to beat students in the LOS for over 10 years. I hope this teacher is forced to dig deep into her pocket book to pay off the mother, the boy, the police, the ministry and all the other bloodsucking parasites that will now descend on her. But it is too much to hope she will be fired, banned from teaching for life and charged and convicted in a court of law, as she deserves. Since justice will not be done, it would serve her right, if she were attacked by a gang of motor cycle taxi drivers and held done for 99 strokes herself and given a new perspective on corporal punishment.

"  This boy was not beaten very hard by the woman teacher, "   How can you say that! numerous scrapes and bruises is still horrific not to mention the long-term emotional / psychological impact on this little guy.

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Interesting development! Now the teacher will need to pay

both the mother, the child AND the police.

Maybe she can pay in rice.

Yes, the Teacher's parents apparently are C9 civil servants, so they would have access to all that rice that disappeared from the rice pledging stocks......

Wonder who counted the 99.....a good beating always adds up to 103.......

Edited by AlQaholic

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

So the abusive teacher's parents are C9 civil employees. Is that high up? Just asking because her having good connections will make this turn out like all the other rich on poor crimes. But good on the mom for refusing the bribe. People have to start doing this in these cases.

Yes, C9 = senior manager within the civil service.

Currently goes up to C11 (permanent secretary in a Ministry)

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Yes, it is quite high. Perhaps you could say very high. Civil service here goes up to C11 and there is only a handful at that rank, as in maybe 20? I'm not sure, maybe 30? I believe at C9 there are probably about 4,000 across the country among the quarter million or so civil servants. So, if both of her parents are really C9, they had to work to get there. Or, they had to work the bribery system to get there, one or the other. This teacher may just be offering a bribe going by what she learned from her parents. Who knows, maybe they are in on it. But then again, maybe they are fuming that their daughter had to drag them into the mess she's made. Who knows... but it sure is getting more and more convoluted and without the spotlight on it, in all liklihood it would disappear VERY quickly. Hopefully it won't and the teacher will be convicted of and suffer the due repercussions for child abuse, abuse of authority and bribery. It should be a painful consequence, like never being allowed into the civil service in any area at all, which with her connections is what she dreams of I'm sure. And she definitely should never be allowed in any kind of school employment, even if only admin! And banned from any job involving children. A year in prison on top of that and a hefty fine and settlement to the family should do well. Oh, and publish her picture after she is convicted of these allegations. Yes... I know... it seems like I forgot where I am. I doubt we'll here anything about any kind of reasonable outcome :(  So sad for that kid and mom... I wonder where dad is...? I'm guessing he doesn't have one or that teacher might already be dead or hospitalized.