Drug dealer busted after "deathwish" comes true

webfact

Drug dealer busted after "deathwish" comes true

a5.jpg

Picture: Sanook

SATTAHIP: -- A drug dealer made an unusual claim as suppression agents raided his house in Sattahip yesterday.

Chaiyuth (or Kung) Makkhasak, 46, got down on his hands and knees after a successful sting caught him with a gram of ice and swore an oath in front of officers:

"If I have any more drugs in the house may I be struck down dead", he said pleadingly, reported Sanook.

However, moments later police had found 892 Ya Ba pills and almost five grams more amphetamine.

Crestfallen Chaiyuth then changed his tune saying: "Actually I would rather die than go back to prison".

Police said that he has multiple convictions for drug dealing and had been supplying fishermen in the area. One of these fishermen was used to set up a sting that resulted in the raid on Chaiyuth's house in Saensarn sub-district.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-28

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

How can he be convicted multiple times for dealing? I thought it was either life or death for that crime, or is that reserved only for foreigners?

He has probably been a small time dealer over many years considering his age. Also, small amounts regards dealing, especially previously before the law was changed, allowed for much lighter sentences when the dealer confessed to the crime.

if this case goes to court and he is indeed charged with the amounts quoted he is looking at the death sentence commuted to life if he admits the crime.

The Thais definitely are treated more leniently than foreigners in 99% of cases. Also. High profile resorts such as Phuket, Pattaya, Bangkok etc tend to attract larger and more severe sentencing than up in the back and beyond.