Police harassing tourists on Koh Phangan: piss tests, dogs searching through things

There have been numerous reports from people living on Koh Phangan that police started doing massive raids. They cops are stopping everybody on the roads and making people pass humiliating piss tests.

Last time this happened 5 years ago.

From what i heard this is done by the police to collect more money on bribes.

People are frankly scared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Better take another look at the old fart meds your doctor has you on.  The list of meds that can cause a false positive on the cheap first round piss tests is rather scary.  My BKK doc has suggested I stay out of tourist bars where piss testing is known to occur.  He said the more expensive follow up tests would exonerate me, but it may take days or weeks for those results to come in, during which time I'd probably be a guest of the state.

To the OP, is there any corroboration, or just the (oh-so-reliable) coconut telegraph?

I am in the best of health and have not been prescribed anything for years, do not even have the need for vitamin V... :tongue:

5 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

Hmm maybe a market for providing drug free samples for tourists to carry around.  Presumably the cops don't actually watch you producing the sample so switch should be easy.

They have ladyboys to do that...:tongue:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Goingmad said:

Yes, all the cops in Thailand Carry a Case of Meth Positive piss bottles !

Have you not noticed the Glastonbury-sized crowd heading there (KPG) for 'Happy hour'? How much does a positive result yeild ? Do the maths...

Plod wear 'Great Escape' trousers there on New Years Eve & walk like there's a ferret down each leg :)

Edited by evadgib

7 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

Hmm maybe a market for providing drug free samples for tourists to carry around.  Presumably the cops don't actually watch you producing the sample so switch should be easy.

can sell dog piss to dopies .... thailand an endless oportunity for inventive business ideas ...

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Have you not noticed the Glastonbury-sized crowd heading there (KPG) for 'Happy hour'? How much does a positive result yeild ? Do the maths...

Plod wear those 'The Great Escape' trousers on New Years Eve :)

I tuck mine into my sock, to keep it warm.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Basil B said:

I have no problem, my piss does not turn purple ...(as long as I keep off the beetroot).:tongue:

Personnaly I do not feel humiliated at all if police in Thailand (or anywhere else by the way), should asked me to piss in a pot, I could even find it almost funny. 

36 minutes ago, Goingmad said:

Yes, all the cops in Thailand Carry a Case of Meth Positive piss bottles !

Never said anything about all cops, but with first-hand knowledge of exactly this circumstance, I can absolutely state that at least one did.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, timendres said:

Never said anything about all cops, but with first-hand knowledge of exactly this circumstance, I can absolutely state that at least one did.

Did he keep the case of tainted Piss bottles under his hat ?

Come on, get real, please.

Have a great day.

17 hours ago, impulse said:

Better take another look at the old fart meds your doctor has you on.  The list of meds that can cause a false positive on the cheap first round piss tests is rather scary.  My BKK doc has suggested I stay out of tourist bars where piss testing is known to occur.  He said the more expensive follow up tests would exonerate me, but it may take days or weeks for those results to come in, during which time I'd probably be a guest of the state.

To the OP, is there any corroboration, or just the (oh-so-reliable) coconut telegraph?

To hard to get an exemption letter from your Doctor,i suppose.Maybe counter signed by local cops.Just an idea.

20 hours ago, Basil B said:

I have no problem, my piss does not turn purple ...(as long as I keep off the beetroot).:tongue:

That works if you remain in posession or at least eye contact of your piss container. Let the container out of your site and you have no idea how it turns purple; or any color the testers want it to be. I'd guess a clearless coloring agent could already be in the container. I wouldn't trust a test.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

To hard to get an exemption letter from your Doctor,i suppose.Maybe counter signed by local cops.Just an idea.

My inkling is that if that were an option, every dopehead in Thailand would buy a letter from a friendly doctor, signed by someone whose signature could be mistaken for a local cop's.  And it's not unheard of for people on meds to also partake of the speed or other recreational meds.

I keep the hospital phone number on speed dial anyway, and a hospital label from my meds in my wallet.  

For me, it's easier just to stay out of bars since I don't drink.

29 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Personnaly I do not feel humiliated at all if police in Thailand (or anywhere else by the way), should asked me to piss in a pot, I could even find it almost funny. 

I too would probably find it funny because with my enlaged prostate, they would probably get bored and fall asleep before my sample was ready. :sleep:

Does this happen on Samui as well?  Only I have never seen it.

• Haha 1