Why are there no Go-Go Bars in KhaoSarn Road ?

easybullet3

This is a general observation. (i am not seeking these bars), its just a question that has been on my mind.

in the 10+ years i have lived in Bangkok, I have noticed that KhaoSarn Road has ZERO go-go bars.

What reason is this?

i can imagine that these sorts of bars would be so crowded if they were in KhaoSarn.

so what reason they are not there ?

My best guess is Maffia or Police ?

Perhaps these Red Light Bars are limited to certain zones of Bangkok only ?

Does anyone have a more definitive answer ?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Patpong & Nana plaza are the only places with go-go bars in BKK

KSR is a back packers place and they generally dont like sleazy paid for entertainment

i completely disagree.

while backpackers are generally with LESS money, they are in Thailand and its pretty obvious that a gogo bar would be PACKED with wide eyed swedish girls, guys and foreigners wanting to see the famous sights of thailand.

when you see the amount of tourists drinking and partying around KhaoSarn road, i think your answer is not the correct one I was looking for.

1 hour ago, easybullet3 said:

i completely disagree.

while backpackers are generally with LESS money, they are in Thailand and its pretty obvious that a gogo bar would be PACKED with wide eyed swedish girls, guys and foreigners wanting to see the famous sights of thailand.

when you see the amount of tourists drinking and partying around KhaoSarn road, i think your answer is not the correct one I was looking for.

I believe it requires a special license and no more of those are being issued.  I seem to remember one bar forgetting to renew it on Soi Cowboy and did not do it in time so it lapsed and they could not get a new one because new ones are not being issued.... so it had to repurpose the bar.

5 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I believe it requires a special license and no more of those are being issued.  I seem to remember one bar forgetting to renew it on Soi Cowboy and did not do it in time so it lapsed and they could not get a new one because new ones are not being issued.... so it had to repurpose the bar.

I just gotta ask.  What did it become?

1 hour ago, easybullet3 said:

i completely disagree.

I do recall a while ago, someone set up a red car service from KSR to Patpong to ferry the backpackers to PP and back , it stopped very soon after because none of the back packers wanted to go .

Backpackers have their own male and female friends, no need for them to pay for it .

Backpackers party in a different way that sex tourists do

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do recall a while ago, someone set up a red car service from KSR to Patpong to ferry the backpackers to PP and back , it stopped very soon after because none of the back packers wanted to go .

Backpackers have their own male and female friends, no need for them to pay for it .

Backpackers party in a different way that sex tourists do

Or the car service was too expensive ....

Or, maybe it just felt like the touts on Sukhumvit trying to take you to a massage place.... even most of those that might be interested would be wary of touts offering services....

Or they just did not want to be "seen going" but snuck off some other time by themselves...

Edited by bkkcanuck8

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Patpong & Nana plaza are the only places with go-go bars in BKK

KSR is a back packers place and they generally dont like sleazy paid for entertainment

Cowboy?

zoning.

also khao san road came about as a place to store backpackers visiting the city.

the original back packer road was soi ngam duplis in the sathorn area, but they wanted to move the low rent backpackers away from the business and residential areas. so soi ngam duplis was discouraged as the holding area, and became junkie central before cleaning up somewhat though there is still the odd one floating around in some of the sleazier guest houses.

Sex tourists are a different animal so their haunts are more centrally located.

40 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Or the car service was too expensive ....

Or, maybe it just felt like the touts on Sukhumvit trying to take you to a massage place.... even most of those that might be interested would be wary of touts offering services....

Or they just did not want to be "seen going" but snuck off some other time by themselves...

Or they would go but wouldn't pay for anything and just gawp, so the owners/girls make no money....

There are many young people in KRS even under 19yrs. As you know Thailand is not opened to adult culture. You can watch easily blurred scenes in TV because the women wear bikini or short top or skirt. 

Agogo bars or many other places for adult are only located in small area than you think.

19 minutes ago, rott said:

Suggestion:- Do not post on the Bangkok forum until you know the place a bit better.

Suggestion: do not tell other members when you think they should post.

18 minutes ago, rott said:

Suggestion:- Do not post on the Bangkok forum until you know the place a bit better.

My point was that all the go-go bars are situated in certain areas , just because I thought that there were just two areas instead of three areas is no reason to refrain from posting .

My point is still valid to this topic

An personal attack on another member has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

My point was that all the go-go bars are situated in certain areas , just because I thought that there were just two areas instead of three areas is no reason to refrain from posting .

My point is still valid to this topic

There are more than 3 areas

Edited by FritsSikkink

supply and demand.

backpackers are not by nature and culture sex tourists.

they are also, generally speaking, not old, bored, bald, desperate or unable to attract opposite or same sex partners without having to pay. i have no experience of being a sex tourist but i very much doubt it is more fun than being a backpacker. i know i've been there, it's a blast.

dont believe the negative comments about backpackers made by people on this site, they are made from an ignorant and judgemental stand point.

3 minutes ago, samsensam said:

dont believe the negative comments about backpackers made by people on this site, they are made from an ignorant and judgemental stand point.

Yes, Backpackers are such a noble and glorious group of people that they are respected by their loving Thai hosts and given an honourary title which roughly translates into "western bird poo droppings" :smile:

Ratchadaphisek also has plenty rentalwomen...huge clubs. And the karaoke clubs are also in every neighbourhood, just look at the signs with nice girls on them...Chaeng wattana also has them...guess the backpackers can't afford it or are not interested.

20 hours ago, NigelWang said:

There are many young people in KRS even under 19yrs. As you know Thailand is not opened to adult culture. You can watch easily blurred scenes in TV because the women wear bikini or short top or skirt. 

Agogo bars or many other places for adult are only located in small area than you think.

:cheesy: