CNN names Isaan as top world destination

webfact

CNN names Isaan as top world destination
By The Nation

4d8c00c5b05f47b0e0a5be3301d4e766.jpeg

Red Lotus Sea in Kumphawapi district of Udon Thani

BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s Northeastern region, known locally as Isaan, has been named by US news network CNN as one of the world’s top 17 places to visit this year.

Yuthasak Supasorn, governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, said: “Isaan has a long history, with some of Southeast Asia’s oldest settlements found here. In modern times, the region is famous for its fiery salads, country music, stunning scenery and elaborate temples.

“There is so much to be enjoyed here and most of it unseen by tourists, so we encourage people to explore and discover their own amazing Isaan stories.”

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30306925

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-22

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, tso310 said:

My younger daughter went to Hull. Joined the Thai society there. Quite a few Thais were studying there. I liked the place.

My family are from Hull, I take my farther there once a year when I go back to the UK. So he can visit his brother, It has become a increasingly sad event. Hull was once a very impressive city that has lost its way. This year it is the European city of culture and I am hoping they have spruced it up a bit. It makes me sad to see my farther get upset when he see's how things have changed. 

31 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

I like parts of Issan, I would rather spend time in rural Issan than Bangkok. But the CCN list is rubbish it dose not even include Bridlington and there is no mention of the cultural wonders of Hull.

....or Boston Bar on BC Canada.. now there is a cultural wonder!! 

Most men on TV sleep with women from Isaan so be careful what you write here she may take revenge. The western side of Loei province is in actual fact very beautiful with high mountains and cooler weather. 

The North and Eastern sides on the Mekong can be attractive.

The middle tends to be s bit rural

Sent from my Grand using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mick220675 said:

I like parts of Issan, I would rather spend time in rural Issan than Bangkok. But the CCN list is rubbish it dose not even include Bridlington and there is no mention of the cultural wonders of Hull.

What about Ashburton? It's worth a mention. Bet CNN has never been there.

For the naysayers, you should read the CNN article as to why they have chosen Isaan. It makes sense for those people who don't want the same old same old tourist experience. As I make my home there part time, I kind of hope not many people read the article and spoil my special place...