Man foiled by Farang's foul feet speaks out on his ordeal

webfact

Man foiled by Farang's foul feet speaks out on his ordeal

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

17632081_1877744569149194_7028459234255294728_o-696x522.jpg  

Narong Thaopanya and the smelly feet he encountered March 30. Photo: Facebook / Narong Thaopanya

BANGKOK — The peeved protagonist who appeared in a viral clip battling an unidentified French woman’s funky feet spoke out Wednesday about his motivations for going public with his stinking ordeal.

“I didn’t know this story would become this famous,” 21-year-old volunteer soldier Narong Thaopanya said, laughing. “I just want foreign tourists to hopefully do less of this and show some manners. It especially looks bad when a woman does it.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2017/04/12/man-foiled-farangs-foul-feet-speaks-ordeal/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-04-12

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, this article did the round all over the world already, I read it

in several other international publications, and it's all about some

franchi backpacker woman who decided to lift her legs up ( what's new there? )....

9 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

but it never occured to him to address her directly politely and explain to her the error of her ways?

it would have taken me exactly words to solve the issue.

"move your feet"

To be followed by: "or I will move them for you".

13 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

but it never occured to him to address her directly politely and explain to her the error of her ways?

"move your feet"

Actually he did ask her to remove and she heard and did as he spoke and immediately placed back on seat when he turned.

17 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

"move your feet"

You didnt see the video then, as he did ask her, and she just gave him a salty stare and left her feet there

"I just want foreign tourists to hopefully do less of this and show some manners"

And this basically sums up the moral of the story; sanctimony.

And of course butt hurt foreigners who feel they've been shamed by someone who shares the same race. Little bit of advice to anyone: if someone thinks you're an a-hole because someone who shares the same nationality or race as you does something bad, they're the a-hole. Not you. 

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually he did ask her to remove and she heard and did as he spoke and immediately placed back on seat when he turned.

11 minutes ago, Sigma6 said:

You didnt see the video then, as he did ask her, and she just gave him a salty stare and left her feet there

Aha...here we go: we all saw the same video...or did we?!

Anyways: what a storm in a tea- cup, but I guess the oh-so-not-confrontational- Thai couldn't have solved the problem any other way!

You just have to admire these polite, friendly and mild tempered people....oh...wait...

She's probably just uninformed as to the etiquette and customs of Thailand re: feet..... I personally feel that this guy is a complete wet blanket for wasting bandwidth with such whining best left to older ladies' gatherings at the morning market.

It was not about foot customs (which she might not be aware of) - it was about BO.  As a former traveler on vans (for visa runs) I have experience with that and indeed found many westerners to have less than pleasant odors in such confined spaces. 

Next time I suggest Francoise travels in the back of an open pick-up with her feet dangling over the back. That way no other fellow passengers will be affected and no vehicle will dare tailgate, fearing  the  fermenting fumes from the not so fresh socks.

44 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

"move your feet"

There is a short clip of him asking the woman to put her feet down. She listens and ignores him, then when the man stops talking to her she just puts her feet back on the top of the seat. 

13 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

She's probably just uninformed as to the etiquette and customs of Thailand re: feet..... I personally feel that this guy is a complete wet blanket for wasting bandwidth with such whining best left to older ladies' gatherings at the morning market.

Jesus wept! Talk about totally missing the point.

29 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Uninformed as to the etiquette?

Are you for real, bloody ignorant bitch needs a damn good slap.

Nowhere in the world is it considered polite to do such a thing.

Edited by colinneil

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Uninformed as to the etiquette?

Are you for real, bloody ignorant bitch needs a damn good slap.

Nowhere in the world is it considered polite to do such a thing.

so, you condone her being beaten for this crime of the century?

Maybe you need to take a moment and think about it. 

1 minute ago, lemonjelly said:

so, you condone her being beaten for this crime of the century?

Maybe you need to take a moment and think about it. 

I have taken a moment, and yes i still think she needs a damn good slap.

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I have taken a moment, and yes i still think she needs a damn good slap.

Try again. 

(Tip: correct answer could include such vocabulary as: explain, communication, educate, polite, calm,) answers may reflect your personality.

keep thinking......

Edited by lemonjelly

2 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Try again. 

(Tip: correct answer could include such vocabulary as: explain, communication, educate, polite, calm,) answers may reflect your personality.

keep thinking......

Time for your medicine.

3 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Try again. 

(Tip: correct answer could include such vocabulary as: explain, communication, educate, polite, calm,) answers that condone violence to young females reflect your personality.

keep thinking......

Why is her gender a factor? Never heard of "women's lib"? Women have fought for and won equality with men ( and I have no argument with that ), but that means they have to accept being treated the same as men. If she wants to behave like an inconsiderate moron, she can be treated like one accordingly.

14 minutes ago, kannot said:

Why not have her hung drawn and quartered as  well..........sheesh

Maybe not to that extreme, but a good caning might work. Certainly works in Singapore. Too many rude ignorant yobs around now- might make them think twice before behaving like a moron.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

49 minutes ago, scorecard said:

There is a short clip of him asking the woman to put her feet down. She listens and ignores him, then when the man stops talking to her she just puts her feet back on the top of the seat. 

Ah,  then i would have escalated, but yes, at least he did speak to her.