TICKS invaded my house

nikotin

hi guys,

my house and concrete yard are infested with ticks.....need a company takin care this....reasonable priced...was just quoted 20k!! for a 80sqm house and 80sqm yard....had problem like this in bkk costs 3k

help please :-D

thx

are you sure it wasnt 2k.we just had our garden,yard and under the house with termite killer 2,000bht. 170SQ.WAH.

get a solo spray bottle,chainrite or bayticol and go all around the house,the skirting boards they like to hide and under any cupboards,the yard and garden,if you have a dog do NOT LET IT ANY WHERE NEAR THE TREATED AREA.

• Like 2

Merchant links are sponsored

Search Results

MALDISON 50 FLY & MOSQUITO CONTROL CONCENTRATE 250ML

$28.99 from My Pet Warehouse

237 seller reviews
Maldison Fly and Mosquito Control Concentrated Insecticide Formula, 250ml - Recommended for: The control of a wide range of pests on cats, dogs ...

Pharmchem Maldison 50 500ml

$47.69 from 3 shops
An organo-phosphorous anti-cholinesterase compound that attacks the central nervous system of mosquitoes, lice, poultry mites, fowl tick, dog ...

ARISTOPET FLEA/TICK SPRAY 250ML

$21.99 from 3 shops
Introducing The Aristopet Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs & Cats in a 250ml size. The Aristopet Flea & Tick Spray contains highly synergised natural ...

VETAFARM INSECT AND MITE LIQUIDATOR 250ML

$14.99 from 5+ shops
Ready to use spray for the control of insects and pests. Recommended for: Use on mites, lice, flies, spiders, ants or any situation where external ...
Other size options: 500ml ($20)

Extra Strength Crawling Insect Spray

$14.50 from DIY Pest Supplies
Protect-us Extra Strength Aerosol is labelled for the DIY control of Crawling Insects so you can use it against most pest species. The Extra ...

Maldison 50 Insecticide Ticks Lice Mites Dogs Cats Poultry Pigs Horses

$36.99 from eBay.com.au - animalfarmacyaustralia
Maldison 50 Insecticide ticks lice mites Dogs Cats Poultry Pigs Horses Cattle Description Maldison Pharmchem Controls a wide range of insect pests ...

TurfAid Insecticide Granules (Size: 5kg)

$64.95 from DIY Pest Supplies
TurfAid Insecticide Granules are the perfect choice for the toughest outdoor jobs with no odour, high performance, and long-term residual action ...

NATURAL CHEMISTRY - Natural Yard & Kennel Spray - 32 fl. oz. (946 ml)

$40.20 from 5+ shops
Perfect For Yards, Kennels, Pool/Patio Areas, Lawns, Outside Surfaces, Trees, Shrubs, Roses And Other Flowers Kills Fleas And Ticks By Contact And ...

Aristopet Home And Garden Repellent 500 Ml

$22.95 from 5+ shops
Introducing The Aristopet Home & Garden Repellent For Dogs & Cats in a 500ml size. The Aristopet Home & Garden Repellent has been specially ...
Other size options: 125ml ($9)

Blitzem Ant Flea & Tick Killer Outdoor Use 600g

$29.95 from eBay.com.au - fanyang0530
Outdoor control - Highly effective, fast acting formula - Also kills fleas and ticksBiodegradableHarmless to soilOdourlessRain will not affect the ...

Adams Plus Yard Spray Kills And Repels Fleas Ticks Mosquitoes

$30.69 + tax(USD23.15 + tax)from eBay.com.au - philip_ahrens
Farnam Adams Plus Yard Spray 32oz Emulsifiable concentrate for use with a hose-end sprayer Kills and repels fleas - ticks - mosquitoes - ants ...

Bayer Insecticides Solfac Ew50 Kills Fleas,ticks,mosquitoes,flies And

$37.17 from eBay.com.au
Solfac EW50 Features: Solfac 50 EW (Cyfluthrin 5% w/w) is a highly versatile insecticide, what actioneaz through contact and ingestion, as active ...

2x Best Buy Pyranha 1-10px Spray Concentrate 1/2 Gallon Kills

$167.01 + tax(USD125.99 + tax)from eBay.com.au - hhcoconut
Pyranha 1-10 PX Conentrate - LISTING IS FOR A 2 PACK of 1-10PX Concentrate For use in Automatic Spray Systems in residential backyards, animal ...

Frontline Spray 250 ml

$33.31 from 2 shops
Dogs Sprays Frontline Spray 250 ml WHAT IS FRONTLINE SPRAY? FRONTLINE SPRAY quickly kills fleas, lice and ticks. FRONTLINE SPRAY can be applied to ...

Vet's Best Flea & Tick Yard & Kennel Spray

$20.35 + tax(USD15.35 + tax)from eBay.com.au - amazingdealzzz
Size: 32 fl oz. Vet's Best Flea + Tick Yard and Kennel Spray (32 oz) kills fleas, flea eggs,and ticks on contact. And, repels mosquitoes too! Flea ...

Aristopet Flea and Tick Spray with Tea Tree Oil 250mL

$17.37 from GraysOnline

190 seller reviews
LAristopet Flea and Tick Spray with Tea Tree Oil contains highly synergised natural Pyrethrins to aid in the control of fleas and adult brown dog
  • Like 1

I use Bayticol 6%. You need to dilute it 10ml of concentrate to 15 litres of water and wear rubber gloves.

Get a garden sprayer - I have one which contains 2 litres and that is sufficient for spraying my sizeable lawn (which you should spray after the sun goes down) and all the other area. Ticks like to climb up to the top of grass and other vegetation and so don't forget those parts - don't just spray on the ground.

Yes, you can do it yourself or get a contractor to do it for you. If you get a contractor, make sure they do it properly.

If you have dogs, you can rinse them in the same concentration of Bayticol (this is according to their website) You have to treat your dogs as well otherwise you will get the ticks back again very quick. 

You will need to treat your property and dogs several times a year to keep the ticks away. Also, a good idea to keep the gate closed so that other people's dogs don't come in and bring them with them.

When you find a tick, use heat to kill them or you can put them in alcohol. Smashing them on the ground may just spread the eggs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

6 cans of Chainrite and you'll be fine.   Warning :  wear a mask from the Pharmacy.   Don't let the dog or kids near where you sprayed for a few hours.

Thx...where can i get Chainrite?Homepro?

1 hour ago, humqdpf said:

I use Bayticol 6%. You need to dilute it 10ml of concentrate to 15 litres of water and wear rubber gloves.

Get a garden sprayer - I have one which contains 2 litres and that is sufficient for spraying my sizeable lawn (which you should spray after the sun goes down) and all the other area. Ticks like to climb up to the top of grass and other vegetation and so don't forget those parts - don't just spray on the ground.

Yes, you can do it yourself or get a contractor to do it for you. If you get a contractor, make sure they do it properly.

If you have dogs, you can rinse them in the same concentration of Bayticol (this is according to their website) You have to treat your dogs as well otherwise you will get the ticks back again very quick. 

You will need to treat your property and dogs several times a year to keep the ticks away. Also, a good idea to keep the gate closed so that other people's dogs don't come in and bring them with them.

When you find a tick, use heat to kill them or you can put them in alcohol. Smashing them on the ground may just spread the eggs.

Dog is fine...he is on bravecto and finally no more ticks....but house still invaded(was away the last 2 weeks). he was with neighbours and is goin to stay there till i managed to get rid of these suckers....

i always kill them with a lighter...but even if i do this 24/7 they are still here....nightmare....thx for advice

For the dog self use Ivermec. But not use if you have a Collie or similar breed. I have German sheperds dogs and it work very well. In normal it is for injection but you can give it oral together with the food too.

Best way is to google your dog can use it or not.

You can buy Ivermec very cheap. http://www.luckypet-nst.com/product/728/ivermec-100-ml-ยาฉีดเห็บหมัด

Edited by snowgard
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, snowgard said:

For the dog self use Ivermec. But not use if you have a Collie or similar breed. I have German sheperds dogs and it work very well. In normal it is for injection but you can give it oral together with the food too.

You can buy Ivermec very cheap. http://www.luckypet-nst.com/product/728/ivermec-100-ml-ยาฉีดเห็บหมัด

I use bravecto now...the only thing that ever helped

5 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Something about ticks: Even if you think you have poisoned the yard and floors, ticks will hide in furniture, in bedding and even behind framed pictures on the walls, among other places in your house. 

Getting rid of the dog is exactly the wrong advice. The fact is if you use a product such as Frontline, which turns the dog's skin into a toxic cocktail for ticks, your dog will become a tick attracting, killing machine. 

The ticks will come out of their hiding places you'd never see in your home and bite the dog, and then die. 

My friend had an infestation in his yard after his dog died of old age and it was probably a month before the tick horde finally subsided, having no source of blood on which to feed. 

Hi,

i had the idea that this could work 555....

gonna bring him back today and we will see.

thx

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Get rid of the dogs. The ticks usually follow them. Cheers

A few drops of coconut oil between the shoulder blades once a week.  Beautiful tick free shiny coat and moist skin.  Done.

Everyone seems to be talking chemicals and stuff but perhaps there is an easier way....

If you've got ticks invading just put some crosses outside.  I was told ages ago that crosses neutralise ticks.

Oh sorry maybe that was my school report 40 odd years ago!?

But yes I too have noted an increase of these little blood suckers lately. Gotta get the vet up and get the dogs jabbed and stabbed to rid them of these pests.

I'll probably go the chainrite option to keep them out of the house.

3 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

A few drops of coconut oil between the shoulder blades once a week.  Beautiful tick free shiny coat and moist skin.  Done.

Sounds like you use it on yourself, maybe you could open a beauty parlour ......

Joking aside, we had them get in the bed and up the walls last year. 2 golden retrievers getting the monkey treatment every night and having them picked off (not using the cigarette method on the dogs). There seems to a new version of frontline which works better and lasts longer. 

I remember seeing a documentary years ago where they said fleas could lay dormant for seven years, is it anything like this for ticks?.

Edited by sandrabbit

5 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

Sounds like you use it on yourself, maybe you could open a beauty parlour ......

Joking aside, we had them get in the bed and up the walls last year. 2 golden retrievers getting the monkey treatment every night and having them picked off (not using the cigarette method on the dogs). There seems to a new version of frontline which works better and lasts longer. 

I remember seeing a documentary years ago where they said fleas could lay dormant for seven years, is it anything like this for ticks?.

In the last month i tried:

Frontline:helped for 1 week then 100s of ticks on the dog again

Some other stuff forgot the name,but also spot on: didnt help at all

permethrin: also didnt help at all

2 weeks ago i went to the vet and bought Bravecto....i have a new dog...not one freakin tick and he looks much healthier

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

The one who knows how to do never have a problem. :smile:

37 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Sorry to say, but it sounds like you have been having a hard time in your choice of wife. :shock1:

you need to GET REAL the wife i have had for over 30yrs.the dog 5yrs.DONT ask me to choose.

love me love my dog.meatboy 

15 hours ago, snowgard said:

Good that Ivermectin works well for your dogs, but just for the record German Shepherds are one of the breeds that have an increased risk of hypersensitivity to Ivermectin (just like Collies).

From http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/dog-health/dog-diseases-conditions-a-z/ivermectin-toxicity-dogs

A genetic sensitivity to ivermectin can be seen in several breeds, but is more commonly seen in the following breeds:

• Collie
  • Old English sheepdog
  • Shetland sheepdog (Sheltie)
  • Australian shepherd
  • German shepherd
  • Longhaired whippet
  • Silken windhound
  • Border collie
  • Dogs of mixed breeds that include herding breeds

This genetic sensitivity is due to a mutation in what is called the MDR1 gene. This mutant gene may make the dog more sensitive to several other medications as well. Not all individual dogs in the breeds listed above carry the mutant gene.

Sophon

12 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

I do use it on myself.  Inside and out.  And have a beauty salon also.  If you see how ticks hunt for a host you would discover they love to sit atop tall grass in wait.  Keep all grass that belongs to you trimmed, try to never let pets walk through tall grass and avoid it yourself as well.  When I found my soi/poo khao Lab he had quite a few to the point his blood was infected.  I got him cleaned up and he has never had a tick since.  My Pit had one on her in 9 months.  I bathe them regularly, apply coconut oil to body (also to foot pads for healing and in their food) and keep them from roaming.  Seems to work.  Maybe I just live in an area with few ticks but I doubt it.  Parasites really creep me out so I try to be diligent.  Frontline is crazy expensive where I live and I'm not a fan of chemicals like that on my dogs since they interact with me so much etc. so would not go that route.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Get Real said:

Get rid of the dogs. The ticks usually follow them. Cheers

In Thailand, ticks are as likely to be associated with birds, and reptiles as they are with dogs, humans or monkeys.

One sure way of controlling ticks and other insect pests is to have some guinea fowl. The birds eat them.

Edited by Sheryl
opening comment removed by Moderator for civility

Every year around the first time it rains we get questions about ticks, there is already some good advice on this forum.

1. There is NO magic bullet solution to the tick problem.

2. This is MY personal experience and it works for me.

We had a Thai Ridgeback wished on us. I knew nothing about ticks but started to find out when I saw two disgusting creatures going up the wall behind our bed one morning.

We then discovered that the Ridgeback had hundreds of ticks. I'm not exaggerating. These had already spread to the other dogs (we had eight at the time and we had to start the fight. My wife started to get bitten, I was rarely bitten. We discovered the bloody things everywhere in the house, every day.

So, one at a time:

clean the dogs manually every day. I was taking hundreds off the Ridgeback, I could see the eggs on him but couldn't get them out. We did, just by doing this, get the level down.

At the same time I bought a knapsack sprayer and applied Baticol in all the rooms (taking the necessary precautions) as well as under the roof, the dog pound and nearby grass areas.

Tick collars got rid of the fleas but the tick seemed to like them. In fact, the products are supposed to stop the ticks from developing to a stage where they can lay eggs, not kill them. They can still transmit diseases though.

There was a question about Permethrin (look at the contents of cockroach?ant spray, you will see that they contain, usually, at least two other "-thrins. BigC changed the "-thrins" content recently, maybe because of developing immunity of ticks.) The US army uses Permethrin as a mosquito and tick repellent on their uniforms and mosquito nets.

We found injections to be of no use at all, I believe they protect the animal against tick borne diseases, not ticks.

Anyway after three years we are now virtually, touch wood, free of ticks.

Every week the dogs get a bath, Bayticol or "-thrin"-bsaed shampoo, keep changing the product.

The dog pound gets a pressure cleaning every week followed by a mild application of bleach.

Killing ticks: put them in alcohol someone said, are you joking? We had hundreds initially. They get squashed, one by one, on a piece of toilet paper which then goes into the rubbish bag to be disposed of, eggs and all.

Do you think that a paid contractor would do all this? Neither do I!

• Like 2