Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

1 hour ago, TheAceFace said:

With nine goals, who scored the most goals in a single European Championship tournament?

Michel Platini

... a midfielder! France's forwards in 1984, such as Rocheteau, Bellone and Stopyra, were decent but unexceptional. It wasn't until later in the 80s that Jean-Pierre Papin broke through: JPP is the most spectacular and confident goal scorer I've ever seen. He lit up that Olympique Marseille team.

• Like 1

Which club was cursed by their former coach after he was refused a pay rise despite leading them to two European Cup triumphs? "I swear that this club will never win another European trophy."

Since then, the club have reached five European Cup/Champions League finals and three UEFA Cup/Europa League finals, and lost them all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chippendale said:

Which club was cursed by their former coach after he was refused a pay rise despite leading them to two European Cup triumphs? "I swear that this club will never win another European trophy."

Since then, the club have reached five European Cup/Champions League finals and three UEFA Cup/Europa League finals, and lost them all.

Benfica.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, champers said:

Next question and back to the present. Who has the most yellow cards in the Premier League so far this season? He's up to 10.

Scott McTominay?.... actually he got injured.

Fred?

Edited by RickG16

8 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I honestly don't remember that goal. Was that the Kuyt hat trick? Moyes season? 

In terms of distance, probably the shortest hat trick of all time....about 6 yards in total!  Think Fergie was still in charge at the time.