Big bombs explode in Pattani

webfact

Big bombs explode in Pattani

503733f769f3da91d64c03b4541791d0-sld.jpe

PATTANI: -- Bombs exploded at parking lot of a department store in the middle of deep southern province of Pattani on Tuesday afternoon, injuring many people.

Number of casualties are still unknown. The blast caused fires at the Big C store in Muang district and firefighters are trying to extinguish it.

Initial reports said that the first bomb went off inside the store, sending people running out in panic before the second bomb exploded at the parking space in front of the store. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30314714

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-09

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bomb wounds 20 at supermarket in southern Thailand

REUTERS

PATTANI, Thailand (Reuters) - A bomb exploded in front of a supermarket on Tuesday in the Thai city of Pattani, wounding about 20 people, a military spokesman said, in what appeared to be the latest attack by Muslim separatists in the south of the predominantly Buddhist country.

A decades-old separatist insurgency in the largely ethnic Malay Muslim provinces of Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat has killed more than 6,500 people since 2004, according to independent monitoring group Deep South Watch.

Pramote Prom-in, a spokesman for the Thai military in the area, said a suspected car bomb had exploded at the entrance of the Big-C supermarket in Pattani.

"The explosion wounded about 20 people," he said. No deaths had been reported, he said.

Attacks in Thailand's deep south have intensified this year.

Last month, the government rejected a conditional offer for peace talks by one of the main insurgent groups, the Barisan Revolusi Nasional, which demanded international mediation or observation.

(Reporting by Surapan Boonthanom; Additional reporting by Panarat Thepgumpanat in BANGKOK; Writing by Patpicha Tanakasempipat; Editing by Robert Birsel)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-05-09

Two Bombs rock Big C Supercentre in Pattani

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37SeCQvR2HdlgZCZeaSV769i

PATTANI: -- Two powerful bombs exploded late this afternoon at the car park area in front of Big C Supercentre in Pattani, wounding a dozen of shoppers, and damaging several motorcycles.

The explosion also caused extensive damage to the shopping centre vicinity and triggered a fire.

Security personnel sealed off the area while the supercentre also evacuated hundreds of panicking shoppers out of the place as more bombs were created to be planted.

The bomb was suspected to be placed in a bronze pickup truck parked near the entrance to the super centre.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-bombs-rock-big-c-supercentre-pattani/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-09

Car bomb wounds 42 at supermarket in southern Thailand

PATTANI, Thailand (Reuters) - Muslim militants fighting for a separate state in the south of predominantly Buddhist Thailand were suspected of carrying out a car-bomb attack on Tuesday outside a supermarket in the city of Pattani that wounded 42 people, police said.

A decades-old separatist insurgency in the largely ethnic Malay Muslim provinces of Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat has killed more than 6,500 people since 2004, according to independent monitoring group Deep South Watch.

Two of the 42 wounded were in a critical condition, authorities said.

The first car bomb in Pattani since August destroyed the front of a Big-C supermarket, scattering debris over a wide area and sending up a column of black smoke.

Muslim insurgents were suspected of the attack, said Rewat Srichantub, Pattani's deputy police chief. The bomber was believed to have fled the scene before the explosion, he said.

Attacks in Thailand's deep south, near the border with Muslim-majority Malaysia, have intensified this year. Six army rangers were killed in an attack last month.

The government recently rejected a conditional offer for peace talks from one of the main insurgent groups, the Barisan Revolusi Nasional, which demanded international mediation or observation.

(Reporting by Surapan Boonthanom; Additional reporting by Panarat Thepgumpanat in BANGKOK; Writing by Patpicha Tanakasempipat; Editing by Robert Birsel)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-05-09

42 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

I have seen Merdeka (Malay language meaning independent or free) spray painted on many road sign in Pattani, Yala and in Narathiwat. This will be a hard battle for Bangkok to win.

It is a islam thing.

Terrorists.

again this shows the cowardice of these low lifes, aiming to kill women and children. When is the govt going to issue death warrants on these people instead of hiding from them. Put bounties on their heads and pay for them to be shot, like most terrorists they get their jollies by killing innocent people that cant shoot back at them. They know who many of them are, time to issue reward posters on them, 1 million baht dead or alive, make them watch their own backs and not be able to trust anyone, seize anything they own as well, pussy footing around with them is doing nothing.

and yet the Thai govt continues to do nothing about this...instead they buy submarines.....either go down there and clean this sh*t up or give them their land back and segregate yourselves from them

9 minutes ago, ikke said:

I think your post is ignorant , or you are blind , wake up and look around the world !

You are entitled to your opinion , if you think all Muslims are terrorists then good for you , I salute your inteligence.

Just now, joecoolfrog said:

You are entitled to your opinion , if you think all Muslims are terrorists then good for you , I salute your inteligence.

ignorance all over, no not all muslims are terrorist, but all terrorist are muslim , or am i wrong ?

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

the government doesn't do anything,they still believe it is not that serious a problem,

OPEN UR EYES

I agree but i just read in a European newspaper that Pattani is a well known tourist place in Thailand.........that makes a lot of difference.

Edited by fruitman

I feel sorry for the innocent victims involved.

Thailand, land of paradise! I think not.

Just reading the daily reports, is a clear indication that Thailand has become a very unsettled country.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

12 hours ago, pentap said:

I feel sorry for the innocent victims involved.

Thailand, land of paradise! I think not.

Just reading the daily reports, is a clear indication that Thailand has become a very unsettled country.

There have been troubles in this region since 1457 or thereabouts since it became Muslim, so its hardly a new item!

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

11 minutes ago, Godang said:

Islam the religion of peace.

No religion is a religion of peace! why single out Islam? look back in history, the Catholic church! etc etc etc................

Religion is a good control apparatus though! :shock1: