Lo and behold - man who threatened bank employees who came to repossess car is a cop

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

A phony sob story with little content that one can sympathize with. If the car was beyond their financial ability to service the loan, which it obviously was, then  they should have made arrangements with the bank like normal adults ought to do..

Ekachat's willingness to pull a gun on the bank employees who were merely doing their job is another black mark against the gang that call themselves the RTP. BIB (Bullies In Brown)

I very much doubt that the bank staff were not carrying ID, looks like they had folders with the necessary documents to deal with this.

next time send a recovery vehicle and remove the car.

Well wasn't that a big surprise for us all;  NOT!!!  Another one for that overcrowded inactive post room.  There will be more than a few more like that if they ever decide to clamp down on the bribe taking.  Two years. Wasn't the bank tolerant???  Could be the bank knew very well who he was and have tried very hard to believe the various BS stories they have been told.  It would be interesting to follow up just the sick mother story, just for one.  Sounds like BS to me.

Edited by The Deerhunter

yes the poor fellow was completely 'misunderstood' by these bank employees and one can understand that he misidentified them as sinister carjackers and needed the gun for protection 

couple of Wais and a few 'please be fair to me's' and he'll be back in the office investigating 'criminals'  in next to no time

1 minute ago, wvavin said:

Cock & Bull story. Only idiots would believe. The bank should just repossess the car. End of the story.

They did try, but a crazy cop welding a gun is a crazy cop welding a gun. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

And now she has claimed that she was scared by the bank employees - two women and a man - who arrived to take back the Honda Jazz that was two years behind with the payments.

She claimed the employees had not had ID so she phoned her husband who was sleeping upstairs to come down. He thought she was under threat, she said, and so came with his gun.

I love the way you lie

I cannot believe that they were 2 years behind on payments, the bank has been very fair to them, now we just have to wait and see what happens when they come to repossess the house, I mean, if he can't make payments on a car how is he/she/they gonna pay a mortgage ?? 

To be fair, I would have done the same thing.

I had to forcefully throw out to guys who claimed to work for Sinet not too long ago when they tried to push my door open. If I had a firearm at my side I would have walked them out at gunpoint. After the fact, Sinet couldn't give me an answer if they sent them unannounced or not. 

If I don't know you well, I do not trust you. Period. I don't care what ID or uniform you have. 

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree, and again I ask the question: 'Where is the National Police Chief?' Surely he should be making comments on these recent incidents to try to give some semblance of proper process and his personal professionalism and that of the force. Nothing!

I think the answer to your question is that he does not understand the meaning of professionalism (or responsibility or accountability or transparency), thus no comment :post-4641-1156693976:

Surprised? I'm not (and I don't think you are surprised either). :smile:

Good to know if you intend to talk to someone to first present Your ID as if not a gun may appear...;)

Edited by ttrd

3 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Good to know if you intend to talk to someone to first present Your ID as if not a gun may appear...;)

Yup. Present a bigger gun (something like a .50 caliber) as your ID! :smile:

In this Thai article the couple had a really "plausible" explanation for not making any Down payment over a period of 2 years as follows;

"We were prepared to perform the very first payment, but it was an issue With the payment system - we tried both in 7-eleven and in  Krongthai bank, but we were not found in the system which made the payment impossible - after that we never tried again"....;)

http://www.manager.co.th/hotshare/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9600000047181

Edited by ttrd

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

I don't see the big deal; it's not like he shot anyone and we all know Thai banks are thieves.

To be honest this is a non-event. Who gives a s--t? The bank surely have a contract team to do their repossession dirty work. All you great TV bloggers out there; move to something worth spending time on.

Edited by owl sees all
spelt worng word

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

To be honest this is a non-event. Who gives a s--t? The bank surely have a contract team to do their repossession dirty work. All you great TV bloggers out there; move on to something worth spending time on.

Have they just made you a visit as well...??...;)

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Ofcourse not banks will send letter after letter and make phone after phone call and he is not aware?Than why he pull out his gun and steals back the car instead of asking what its about?

Maybe they sent letters, husband is at work so the wife could of destroyed these letters, If my wife called up to me saying people were trying to steal my car/truck, I sure wouldn't come out holding a coffee cup, It would be a loaded gun in hand. Taking the car wasn't such a bad idea either even if they tell me they are from the bank, could be a scam.  Would then get in touch with the bank and resolve any issues and if need be pay the bank direct. I agree there are bad cops over here but there are also some good ones.

UPDATE:

Warring parties in car finance case shake hands - but cop with gun could still face charges

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

BANGKOK: -- The case of the cop who drew a gun after the bank came to repossess his wife's car took a new twist yesterday at Kannayao police station.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/982560-warring-parties-in-car-finance-case-shake-hands-but-cop-with-gun could-still-face-charges/

2 hours ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

Warring parties in car finance case shake hands - but cop with gun could still face charges

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

BANGKOK: -- The case of the cop who drew a gun after the bank came to repossess his wife's car took a new twist yesterday at Kannayao police station.

Full story: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/982560-warring-parties-in-car-finance-case-shake-hands-but-cop-with-gun could-still-face-charges/

why do they feel that wai-ing or shaking hands makes it all 'ok'?   forget all that dismiss the guy with the gun

Another day; another Thai cop tarnishing Thailand's image.  My mate just had to permanently close his bar because he could not afford  24K protection money to the local BIB.  He is seeking to re-locate in another country.  Will the last businessman to leave please turn out the lights.  Thailand is not open for business unless it is police owned.