Political motive behind the hospital bombing in Bangkok

webfact

Political motive behind the hospital bombing

2405002.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Investigators of the bombing at Phramongkhutklao hospital have now strongly believed political motive was behind the attack while ruling out southern insurgency link.

They said politics was the most probable cause as evidence collected so far and many circumstances were coincidental.

The explosion happened in front of the “Wongsuwan” room inside the Chalermphrakiat building of the hospital.

Wongsuwan is the family name of deputy prime minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan. He was reported to be sick and treated at the hospital .

The explosion happened on May 22, which is the day when the military junta seized power from the Yingluck Government on May 22, 2014.

The hospital is also the army hospital.

Earlier Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha also voiced his suspecions of all coincidental incidents but didn’t point finger at any particular group.

Although investigators did not pinpoint any certain group, but they all said the bombing was carried out by well-organised group with link to overseas.

Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner Pol Gen Srivara Rangsibhramanakul said the bombing was more closely resembled the five cases of bombings during the 2007 political disturbances.

There was no evidence to indicate that the hospital bombing was in any way connected to the bombings in the southern provinces, he said.

The connection to the 2007 political disturbances is backed up by the similarity of the bomb fragments and explosive material that has been collected by forensics experts.

Meanwhile police revealed that 3 days prior to the hospital bombing, a warning was sent to the Thailand’s National Cancer Institute which located near Phramongkutlklao hospital by an unknown individual.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/political-motive-behind-hospital-bombing/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-24

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile police revealed that 3 days prior to the hospital bombing, a warning was sent to the Thailand’s National Cancer Institute which located near Phramongkutlklao hospital by an unknown individual.

Astound me that this piece of evidence don't even get a mention and they rather made a wild speculation about political motive. The letter warned that 3 state run hospitals in the area where the letter was sent would be targeted for "terrorist attacks" by the BRN and the attack was imminent. The letter was sent to NCI which is about 1 km from Phramongkutklao hospital. No extra security was called and no warning given to these hospitals. Such ineptness by the police and military. They dropped the ball as always and now frantically doing the finger pointing diversion.  

"Meanwhile police revealed that 3 days prior to the hospital bombing, a warning was sent to the Thailand’s National Cancer Institute which located near Phramongkutlklao hospital by an unknown individual."

Perhaps the letter came from overseas?

32 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Astound me that this piece of evidence don't even get a mention and they rather made a wild speculation about political motive. The letter warned that 3 state run hospitals in the area where the letter was sent would be targeted for "terrorist attacks" by the BRN and the attack was imminent. The letter was sent to NCI which is about 1 km from Phramongkutklao hospital. No extra security was called and no warning given to these hospitals. Such ineptness by the police and military. They dropped the ball as always and now frantically doing the finger pointing diversion.  

I take it that high ranking Military and Police officers will shortly be on trial for gross dereliction of duty, leading to bombings taking place?

So they are saying Southern insurgency isn't political?

" They said politics was the most probable cause...."

So they have ruled out wife upset over mia noi, someone getting revenge for losing face, too much whiskey.... the usual reasons for violence that are accepted

4 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Well there you go, elections will have to be delayed now!

If it is indeed politically motivated, it certainly is clear from which political side this comes.

And shows they are still adhering to violence.

Which shows they do not deserve a political appointment.

Just suppose, in your own country a certain party uses bombs to make their mark, I am certain you would not want those people in power, do you?

Or do you?

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

It wasn't reported cause it didn't happen.  It's part of the sham that the junta was not directly behind this. 

15 minutes ago, hansnl said:

If it is indeed politically motivated, it certainly is clear from which political side this comes.

Just suppose, in your own country a certain party uses bombs to make their mark, I am certain you would not want those people in power, do you?

Or do you?

You say it is certainly clear from which poliyical side.

Do you have any evidence to support that claim or is it just conjecture or based on political bias?

I agree there are political groups with a history of terrorism in Thailand:

Bersatu - United Front for the Independence of Pattani

BNP - Mujahideen Pattani Movement

BNPP - Barisan National Pember-Basan Pattani

BRN - Barasi Revolusi Nasional

GMIP - Gerakan Mujahideen Islam Pattani

GMIP - Pattani Islamic Mujahideen Movement

Mujahideen Islamic Pattani Group

PULO - Pattani United Liberation Organization

Could it be one off these groups you are refering to?

14 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Or do you?

You're kidding right?  Only one entity stood to gain from this, and they announced this shortly after (no elections).  It's text-book 101 dictatorship mate.  That's how it's done.  Care to check the history books?

5 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Well there you go, elections will have to be delayed now!

no one has ever accused this govt of being smart but they likely ARE clever Enough ("chinese clever") to stage this or similar events to continue to bamboozle the public

48 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Or do you?

What about a certain party used guns to make their mark and muscled themselves into power. That actually happened against your assumption.Do you want them in power? Rhetorical question for die hard right wingers. 

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

That's fine with me. We don't need no bombings in BKK, better have a safe city with the army in control.

But the army is in control and there are bombings in Bangkok not to mention the bombings down south ....e.g. the Big C bomb.

Clearly ............the country in not safe with the army in control.

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

That's fine with me. We don't need no bombings in BKK, better have a safe city with the army in control.

Are we seeing 2 different news. Yes I see army in control but also see bombings in Bangkok and the city is not safe. That's not fine by me. 

42 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Are we seeing 2 different news. Yes I see army in control but also see bombings in Bangkok and the city is not safe. That's not fine by me. 

Well did you forget how many bombs/shootings we had before the army took over? It was a warzone on the roads. It's much much better now.

For once you might keep the Muslims out of the equation; given the location and the "auspicious" day/date! 

Wonder how well this goes down with the general Thai population; after all it is a hospital for crying out loud! 

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

A terrible thing to bomb a hospital, enough to make one see red, as the saying goes !

Oh come on thats what they want you to think

How about see yellow or green

Next time why not just write Makes one Angry, just like they said in Manchester

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Well did you forget how many bombs/shootings we had before the army took over? It was a warzone on the roads. It's much much better now.

Now which normal city folks would be that stupid to go to those war zones. I stayed away and it was normal except for the usual Bkk traffic jams. 

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

You have no idea what a war-zone looks like, I saw what went on and walked past many days never felt scared.

In most civilized country it would have been stopped the natural way without death, but that is what Mr Sut (him from down south) and his whistle blowing possie wanted so the M could take control as they did in 2 days. @ 2 days I said all pre planned.

15 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

You have no idea what a war-zone looks like, I saw what went on and walked past many days never felt scared.

Those war zones retreated and became fortresses in Lumpini Park and Government House in Laksi. By then the thugs and guards were beating up innocent people who dare walk close to their fortress. You are lucky.