Vegans acting like fools on Doi Suthep

Bassosa

12 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

That's Durian Rider.  His gf was banana girl though, the one on that stupid 30 bananas a day diet.  He said he "pimped her out" to do that.  Classy.  He presented at a meetup in CM last year but refused to let the organizers announce it was him in advance, no doubt because he has plenty of enemies.  I've seen some good presentations and some less impressive ones, but his was the only one that provoked general disgust.  He thrives on it.  He said he aims for 50/50 thumbs up/thumbs down on his YouTube videos because he has to stir the shit.  Me, I usually won't watch a YouTube video that doesn't have at least a 10 to 1 ratio.  

Think there might be a correlation to number of hits, or views, they get to income received.

Perhaps with the previously mentioned Sprite consumption too. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, junglechef said:

Think there might be a correlation to number of hits, or views, they get to income received.

Perhaps with the previously mentioned Sprite consumption too. 

Indeed, that's the business model. Drama brings in the views. Views bring in the $$$.

It's the dark side of Youtube....just a shame it has to take place in Chiang Mai.

1 hour ago, orchis said:

lack of meat makes them aggressive

Actually I've seen quite a few cyclists who ride long distances often, often can be quite aggressive and have other mental peculiarities. 

Edited by junglechef

Two things.

1) If the aggressor (Harley, the rehabilitated Aussie junkie) doesn't think that there's enough in the footage to get him charged and convicted in Thailand he's kidding himself. All that aggression and the intentional movements will put him in court, if not in jail. Does he honestly think that there's any country in the world that won't convict you for that kind of behavior?

2) I'm reminded of Sean Penn throwing punches at reporters. One of the reporters was a Golden Gloves boxer. He took an advertisement out in the newspaper inviting Penn to step into the ring and fight for charity. Needless to say Sean didn't respond. Harley's a tough guy. eh? Well, fair enough, then. He throws away all of the protection that people who put violence off the table usually enjoy. Anyone who sees him can walk up and say, "So you fancy yourself as a hard man, do you? You and me right now. Pick your hands up, you ****". What's Harley's answer to a Muay Thai fighter who feels that he has disrespected the Thai state by coming to the kingdom, accepting the king's protection, and then behaving like this? 

I watched them put some broken glass in front of a bar entrance on a Nimman side soi one evening.  It was intended for the cyclist who used to regularly have near misses with customers as he came flying by in the dark.  So it does seem that their is some hate for some of these aggressive cyclists.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

Video after video, each attacking the other, trying to rally support for their side...

"... a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
signifying nothing. "

Could Shakespeare have had these two in mind when he wrote these words?

2 hours ago, Centrum said:

I didn't notice any vegans...just two typical Aussies doing what Aussies do. Being <deleted>.

That's interesting because that's what they're all about, being vegan and trying to convince (or pressure) others into becoming vegans too.

They're pretty aggressive about it?

Edited by Bassosa

22 hours ago, sgracer said:

a lot of these racing cyclists are a-holes.

I hope people don't confuse these so-called vegan cyclists with people who have ridden bikes all their lives and ride sensibly and with respect to others.

Most of the non-vegan (and one or two vegan) cyclists here in Chiang Mai are decent people. Most of us are out riding a few days a week, keeping ourselves healthy and not hanging about the bars in town watching our bellies get increasingly fatter.

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Apparently it is  a  deficiency in a specific  amino acid that causes  vegans  to  become irrational.

Well this concerns Chiang May. But I have met more "irrational" people in Pattaya than any place else I have ever visited, and they were not vegans.555
Cheers.

On 5/27/2017 at 10:19 AM, CMKiwi said:

I've found vegans to be strange at the best of times.....nothing new there!

On 5/27/2017 at 4:52 PM, ujayujay said:

Specially to the "Organic Athlete" One.....what a Moron. One more proof: Vegan diet can seriously hit the brain. A brain spastic. It would be a pleasure for me to give him a hard lesson in Muay thai.

Wow...some really baseless, ignorant, non-factual jumping to ridiculous conclusions here about Vegans and the vegan diet. 

It is asinine and unfair to paint with such a broad brush all vegans as strange or brain damaged based on the actions of a few individuals. :coffee1:

On 5/27/2017 at 4:55 PM, possum1931 said:

"Brain"????

Yes, the brain needs some fat to repair itself and to function. The human brain consists of approximately 60% fat.

If God didn't intend for us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Yes, the brain needs some fat to repair itself and to function. The human brain consists of approximately 60% fat.

If God didn't intend for us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

:post-4641-1156693976:

The Nutty element always through up the same points , Fat Bars ,Exercise ,endless nonsense , but never mention the normall Vagan who pops out for Beer with the Lads and doesn't babble on like a refined Smoker

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

52 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Wow...some really baseless, ignorant, non-factual jumping to ridiculous conclusions here about Vegans and the vegan diet. 

It is asinine and unfair to paint with such a broad brush all vegans as strange or brain damaged based on the actions of a few individuals. :coffee1:

I have yet to come across rational vegans.. can you introduce me to a few. They seem to think they are right that humans don't need meats while its quite hard to have a healthy vegan diet. (not saying it can't be done.. but its hard to find all the stuff they are missing out on). We evolved after eating meat, we would never have come where we are today had we not started that. We are an omnivore and meat is just far more caloric dense with far more nutrients then fruits. There is a reason why our ancestors were hunters. 

2 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

The Nutty element always through up the same points , Fat Bars ,Exercise ,endless nonsense , but never mention the normall Vagan who pops out for Beer with the Lads and doesn't babble on like a refined Smoker

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Normal Vagan, oxymoron I think (sorry I couldn't resist - but who's "normal" anyway??)

But just to be clear we're talking about these guys right? 

Vagan (also known as the Unknown Enemy or UE) is a faction in the Advanced Generation era. The Vagan serves as the main antagonist in Mobile Suit Gundam AGE.

source:http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Vagan

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

I fail to find what is baseless or ignorant and non factual of what I posted.

It was my finding, therefore my observation that vegans are strange at the best of times. And that is what I stated....because you don't agree does not mean it's incorrect.  Again it is MY finding.

You may find differently and I don't have a problem with that.

I got sucked into watching Vegan youtubes when the competing Vegans  made news previously. Durian rider is obsessed with being lean and showing off abs. Other vids had him calling a rival fat and body shaming. Most western people male or female  is not easy to stay rail thin after a certain age unless on a strict diet. Part of his aggressive antisocial behavior is a manifestation of pure vanity. The police should call him in for a good dressing down followed by  Waiing and groveling.

Edited by Dipterocarp

41 minutes ago, robblok said:

I have yet to come across rational vegans.. can you introduce me to a few. They seem to think they are right that humans don't need meats while its quite hard to have a healthy vegan diet. (not saying it can't be done.. but its hard to find all the stuff they are missing out on). We evolved after eating meat, we would never have come where we are today had we not started that. We are an omnivore and meat is just far more caloric dense with far more nutrients then fruits. There is a reason why our ancestors were hunters. 

Consider yourself introduced.

Animal flesh is not necessary in the human diet.

It is not difficult to live healthy on a vegan diet. On the contrary, a proper vegan diet may be the most healthy.

There is nothing superior or nutritionally unique about animal products that cannot be derived from non-animal products.

There are radicals in every aspect of thinking and ideas. This is not a "vegan" thing.

While true homo sapiens are omnivorous, we have more in common with herbivores than carnivores and our anatomy/physiology and ancestry prove it.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/human-ancestors-were-nearly-all-vegetarians/

1. Carnivores have sharp molars/humans and herbivores are flat
2. Carnivores have claws and paws/humans and herbivores hands or hooves
3. Carnivores have large oral cavities/humans small
4. Carnivores have short digestive tracts/humans and herbivores long
5. Carnivores pant to cool the body/humans and herbivores sweat
6. Carnivores lap liquids/humans and herbivores sip
7. Carnivores produce their own vitamin C/humans and herbivores get it from their diet
8. Carnivores don't chew much and saliva doesn't have digestive enzymes/humans and herbivores chew and saliva has digestive enzymes
9. Carnivores are quick and cunning and kill with claws and teeth/humans are not and don't
10. Carnivores kill then eat raw meat/most humans buy pretty packages of pre-killed meat and usually cook it

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Check Youtube. There's not a single normal vegan on there.