Southern Thai primary school student well on way to being a lawyer!

webfact

Southern Thai primary school student well on way to being a lawyer!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: -- A student in Nakorn Sri Thammarat is well on the way to being a lawyer - and she is only in P5 (Year 6).

Nong Bai Bua has already passed two exams out of six modules in a law degree run by the Sukothai Thammatihirat Open University.

Proud mum Anujara Khwandee who works in the Trang education department went on Facebook to announce the news of her good marks.

She said that the drive to do the course was not her doing. It came from her daughter who just wanted to learn.

She said she was putting her under no pressure and said that Bai Bua plays just like other children.

But she admitted if she carries on like this she could get her Bachelor's Degree in Law before she finishes school.

Bai Bua - full name Suphanida Aphaiwong - goes to Ratana Suksa School in Thung Song.

Just like many kids her age she told Daily News reporters: "Sometimes I just want to watch cartoons - but my mum tells me to finish my studies first".

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-12

Good to see a focused and successful student.  However, becoming a lawyer for a Thai is not a substantial achievement.  Thai lawyers only are required to obtain a 4-year university degree and engage in rote memorization of processes and codes.  Learning how to think like a real lawyer is completely absent from the licensure system so the large law firms require their associates to earn an LLM degree abroad.

1 hour ago, zaphod reborn said:

Good to see a focused and successful student.  However, becoming a lawyer for a Thai is not a substantial achievement.  Thai lawyers only are required to obtain a 4-year university degree and engage in rote memorization of processes and codes.  Learning how to think like a real lawyer is completely absent from the licensure system so the large law firms require their associates to earn an LLM degree abroad.

I think she has done very well considering that in P5 she is not yet 12 years old.

Congratulations to her and a good positive story despite your Thai bashing.

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

I think she has done very well considering that in P5 she is not yet 12 years old.

Congratulations to her and a good positive story despite your Thai bashing.

Thai bashing is usually just telling the truth...if Thais heard objective truth more, maybe they would aspire to more to distinguish themselves, rather than settling for the status quo.

High hopes for one so young. I hope she is successful in her future career and brings justice and help to the people that it. I just hope that when her education is complete and she gets a position in a law firm, that she remains honest and that she is not tainted by the corruption and vampiristic ways of a high percentage of her colleagues that started out with the same mind set that she will have in another decade or so.

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, zaphod reborn said:

it is when you are in primary school

• 3 weeks later...