Bus bursts into flames after collision in Germany, injuring 31

webfact

Bus bursts into flames after collision in Germany, injuring 31

tag-reuters-1.jpg

Ambulance cars and fire engines near a bus where a coach burst into flames after colliding with a lorry on a motorway near Muenchberg, Germany, July 3, 2017. REUTERS/News 5

BERLIN (Reuters) - Thirty-one people were injured, some seriously, when a coach burst into flames after colliding with a lorry on a motorway in the German state of Bavaria on Monday, police said on Twitter.

There were 48 people on the bus at the time of the crash. A police spokesman told broadcaster n-tv that 17 people were unaccounted for and he expected several had died.

(Reporting by Michelle Martin and Alexander Ratz; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-07-03

That is absolutely tragic. Sadly, it seems that 17 didn't make it off the bus, and some of those who did are very badly hurt, so the death toll may well yet rise. We see a lot of bad accidents here, but this shows that fatal accidents can strike anywhere. RIP to those who have perished. Those injured will receive the best of care in Germany and I wish them a speedy recovery, though I am sure many will have nightmares for years to come.

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

I expect many TV-members, always agitating against Thai buses, now collectively have to scratch behind their ears.

Such things happen in a country like Germany too.

Just that it is happens much less frequent.

Number of deaths now at 18.

It's indeed completely unclear why such a fire erupted so quick.