Thai rice exports may miss target due to new foreign workers law

webfact

On 2017-7-6 at 1:52 AM, darksidedog said:

We are about to find out how dependent Thailand actually is on foreign labour across many industries nationwide. So far the agriculture sector, the fishing industry and here rice exports are already having trouble. I suspect there will be significantly more, and this hastily introduced law, brought in with no discussion, is going to cause serious pain and financial loss.And that is what happens when you don't think things through properly, as we have seen here time and time again.

Oh well we just have to import some more 

9 hours ago, SABloke said:

"I realized I got myself a clever whore." :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I wonder if somewhere she's telling the same story saying, "Then I said that I understood that time equaled money and he gave me a huge tip. I realized I got myself a stupid gullible John." ;)

Of course you are right SABloke. Action and reaction is opposite and equal you learn that in science class don't you? Yes, she said that to her whore friends and they had a good laugh. That's why when you walk pass the 5 star hotel coffee house terrace you see them sitting there laughing, what do you think they are laughing at? Me of course for stupidly giving her a big tip just because she said something clever.

This piece of legislations is a reaction by the Government to the announcement on the 27th June that Thailand is to remain as Tier 2 Watch List for Human Trafficking.   

Okay the consequence of the responsive legislation has given some naysayers  capital and mirth.  But you have to look at the bigger picture and whether you want to allow  human trafficking to go unchecked. 

If the legislation does nothing else other than to identify the scale of the problem then it has been worthwhile.  To resolve any problem you have to start at the bottom and work up.

8 hours ago, madusa said:

Of course you are right SABloke. Action and reaction is opposite and equal you learn that in science class don't you? Yes, she said that to her whore friends and they had a good laugh. That's why when you walk pass the 5 star hotel coffee house terrace you see them sitting there laughing, what do you think they are laughing at? Me of course for stupidly giving her a big tip just because she said something clever.

I wasn't having a dig at you Madusa...I honestly found the timing and tone of "I realized I got myself a clever whore" very funny. Sorry for expanding the banter :saai:

8 hours ago, Tilacme said:

If the legislation does nothing else other than to identify the scale of the problem then it has been worthwhile.

You don't pass a law first, then identify the scale of the problem and the potential impact of the new law. The government got it backwards and that's not being worthwhile. As a result of the government's carelessness, the nation's economy is damaged, Thai businesses and migrant workers are hurt and the country's image as a stable regime is distorted.

Considering this is the second time on the same issue that the Prayut regime got it wrong, one could say the government committed a dereliction of duty.

Try putting the Bhts Rate from false to fair, its miles to high, Vietnam has its own cheap labour + correctly valued currency.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So what is the Baht's "real" value then? If you say it's too high then you should have a number. :huh:

Not easy to say, I be lived here too long.I have a Friend who's a Rice Importer on the Yarra River Melbourne, he recons it 20% ish out now ,and has dropped Thailand.Thats my best reply .Ive seen him shifting millions of Tons from Thailand, all a bit sad Realy, now it's from anywhere but he recons.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect