Car camera shows car crash at intersection

webfact

In my case I would have needed 4 cameras as two boys ploughed into the side of my car as I waited to turn right.  The bent racist cop wrote a fictitious account despite having no witnesses; no spray to show the motor bike's position.

It cost me 80K to silence this disgrace.  Meanwhile my 'First Class' Insurance company whose name has lots of Ts, Ns & As in it cheerfully paid the underaged licenceless speeding drivers big money in compensation.  Don't these companies have shareholders?  This package came with my new Honda.  It will be my last car from them.

The police never interviewed the boys to ask if they might be at fault.  The bent cop was judge, jury and executioner.

20 hours ago, davidst01 said:

the crazy driving here is the biggest risk to my life on a daily basis. the worst is the motorbikes and speeding pickups. 

Riding a motorbike is more dangerous than sitting in a car if in an accident. Speeding pickups i agree with.

Forget about the front facing dashcam, I would not be without my reversing camera for any money.

Years ago a knocked a child (2-3 years old) of his tricycle whilst reversing out of a space in a public car park, that he had decided to treat as his personal playground, some 100m from his home accessed down a public road. Thankfully it was the bumper that caught him and not the wheels.

His parents were on the scene in seconds, although it appeared they couldn't have cared less where he'd got to earlier. I took them all to hospital to get the child checked over, and along the way, with my limited Thai, understood the Mother to be saying "there's money to be had here", whilst her husband was saying "never mind farang is doing the right thing taking us to hospital". The doctors confirmed it was a minor bump and a bit of shock, nothing to worry about, I paid the bill and drove them home.

On our return to their home there was a family linch mob holding their hands out for compensation. I refused and told them to call the police if they were not satisfied. Police arrived, followed me home to get my wife to assist, carrying the distressed child and his parents in the back of their pick up on a hot day, very concerned parents...

Negotiations ensued at my home as my wife convinced me if we got to the police station the cost would escalate, settlement B10,000, at which point the Mother said "if baby gets sick we come back for more from farang"... To their credit the police told her no way, this was the full and final settlement, and not to go near us again.

Forget justice in this country, it will never happen!!