Great breakfast buffet recommendations

Thainewbee

I've been in Pathum Thani for about 3 months now and I'm craving an American breakfast buffet.

I have had a few American breakfasts since I have been here but nothing really hit the spot.

Im looking for the real deal I don't mind traveling to Bangkok.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I would like to see real bacon opposed to ham floating in water.

Just a buffet with quality ingredients.

I don't mind going to a hotel but I don't know if they are exclusively for hotel guests or can outsiders just come in the morning and buy just the buffet.

Outsiders can certainly go in but top quality will cost . A lot of buffets will naturally also offer Thai food at the same buffet. Quality bacon ( not streaky ) is something I have never seen at a buffet. If money were no object I would love to ser what's on offer at the Oriental hotel.

You might do better just going to a quality western restaurant and get the best breakfast they have.

So I'm kinda of secluded out here in Pathum Thani and have not had a lot of time to explore Bangkok Western restaurants. Can you recommend a good restaurant that serves a decent breakfast. I don't mind if it's a little pricey as I don't do this very often.

I can't because I don't live in Bangkok anymore but there is a dedicated thread on this forum somewhere with lots of good suggestions and prices. Do a search for it and you'll have a lot of places to chose from although none are likely to be near Pathum Thani so get ready for more than hour of traveling.

Most expats cook their own having sourced where to get the best ingredients. The lean back bacon from Macro is very good. No fat at all and super lean. 250 baht gets you about 35 slices. I like their thin pork sausages too and the hash browns are cheap and convenient if you can't be bothered to make home fries.

I'm told the breakfast at Molly Malones on Soi Convent (Sala Deang) is very good but not sure if it's a buffet or menu.  I have eaten at their Sunday Roast buffet and they seem to use very good ingredients.

It's interesting that breakfast buffets abound in Pattaya with many in the budget range but few in Bangkok except at expensive hotels.

The Old German Beerhouse on Sukumvit Soi 11, just down the soi a bit from the Ambassador Hotel, other side of the soi.

Baht 125 or so, one egg, I usually get two, good bacon, ask for crisp, and best of all, good fried potatoes, I sometimes get a sideorder to take home for another day.  Plus coffee and juice.

Handy to the Nana BTS station.

Mac

Any of the major hotels will have a very good breakfast buffet with bacon, especially the American owned hotels like the Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton, etc.

I also agree with Bourbon St. for a good American breakfast, but check out the City Skyline Restaurant on Asoke. I believe it's owned by a Thai woman who lived in the states and knows what a real American breakfast should taste like. They have dishes like biscuits and gravy, chicken fried steak and eggs, real hashbrowns, Jimmy Dean style sausage,  and of course the all important bacon. 

http://www.cityskyline.co/

If you have a smartphone or tablet, you can download an app called EATIGO and that lists discounts for hotel buffets, and restaurants etc.  you can get up to 50% discount. you can also view their webpage from your desktop (www.eatxxo.com...you can fill in the xx's)

22 hours ago, Thainewbee said:

I don't mind going to a hotel but I don't know if they are exclusively for hotel guests or can outsiders just come in the morning and buy just the buffet.

I always stay at the Rembrandt Hotel Soi 18 Sukumvitt in Bangkok, great buffet, mixed European/American - "real bacon, well done and crispy" also has the ham, but very lean,  250 baht, all you can eat.

Bourbon Street Bar/Resturant Soi 63 BTS Ekamai, good Cajon and Loosiana Fench Food,    http://bourbonstbkk.com   for menu.  If you want a real American Thanksgiving dinner - reserve, he does it right and Southern Style.   Dang, I'm getting hungry, need to pop into Bourbon Street and get some Crawdads for lunch.

4 hours ago, GLewis said:

Bourbon Street for a real American one, soi 63 Ekkamai, Sukumvit rd, Near the BTS station.   http://bourbonstbkk.com/#menu

Ya beat me to it, guess I was typing a bit slow, been going to Bourbon Street for almost twenty years when it was in Washington Square, and now new place..

4 hours ago, Thanyaburi Mac said:

The Old German Beerhouse on Sukumvit Soi 11, just down the soi a bit from the Ambassador Hotel, other side of the soi.

Baht 125 or so, one egg, I usually get two, good bacon, ask for crisp, and best of all, good fried potatoes, I sometimes get a sideorder to take home for another day.  Plus coffee and juice.

Handy to the Nana BTS station.

Mac

I'll second that!

Eat breakfast there often and you can order it all day long.

Great fried potatoes and crispy bacon.

On 7/27/2017 at 3:17 AM, Thainewbee said:

Terminal 21 hotel (next to Asoke BTS) has a good one. Many choices and quite a beautiful layout.

Edited by fordguy61mi

One of the best hotel breakfasts I've had was at the Amari Boulevard, Sukhumvit 5?, 2  types of bacon, crispy or not crispy,  a press with honeycomb in it to squeeze your own honey, and a cook to prepare your eggs to order. Just about everything you could ask for from a Western or Asian point of view, even lamb Kofta. It is a couple of years since I was last there but give it a try.