Farmers complain of public utilities not working 5 days after PM’s visit

rooster59

Farmers complain of public utilities not working 5 days after PM’s visit

land1.jpg

Landless farmers who were given land plots in Kok Soong district of Sa Kaeo province at a ceremony chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha five days ago have complained to the media that all the public utilities that worked quite well when the prime minister was there are not functioning.

The land plots are under the land reform project. Prior to the prime minister’s Aug 28 visit of the project in Moo 14, Tambon Nong Muang, Kok Soong district, road was built in the village with running water from an artesian well available and power poles erected, bringing electricity into the village.

On the surface of it, the village was adequately equipped with all the basic needs for the prime minister to witness and to present land certificates to 65 landless farmers.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/farmers-complain-public-utilities-not-working-5-days-pms-visit/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-02

“The tap water does not run.  There is no water – even for our cattle.  Even the electric wires were taken away.  We cannot do the farming,” said Pim Dermpant, one of the land plot recipients.

So was it all stolen or did the builders take it away?

The PM has gone shows over back to having nothing again, but what did they expect from a man who has never done anything to help poor people.

All talk and bluster, but nothing positive ever done by him and his cronies.

Stuff your utilities, we want our subs.

I think my better half's mom is one of those landless farmers. Apparently they got 15 rai each but have to pay a certain amount per rai every year (for 10 years or something) and then the land will be theirs permanently. The "better half" said she could have got 15 rai as well but wouldn't have been able to work it and didn't want to have to pay someone else to work it for her. I scratched my head at that one (I think it's more likely she didn't qualify to get 15 rai, which is why she never asked for any money as well.)

Edited by Kerryd
doodle farts !

All for show You think he cares about farmers The old trick for propaganda Smile for cameras smile at frog Show what u do for Thais and get the hell back to Bangkok You think he cares those utilities dont work? Guess he still be smiling when he gets those crappy old subs and they dont work or do what they are suppose to Oh well another day in Thailand Not his money he is playing with is it? We saw how much democracy  there  is here in Thailand when nobody had the balls in the assembly to ask about the defence budget. If somebody did ask there would of been an empty chair where the person who asked the question  about the defence budget , He would just disappear for disobeying orders

50 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

All for show You think he cares about farmers The old trick for propaganda Smile for cameras smile at frog Show what u do for Thais and get the hell back to Bangkok You think he cares those utilities dont work? Guess he still be smiling when he gets those crappy old subs and they dont work or do what they are suppose to Oh well another day in Thailand Not his money he is playing with is it? We saw how much democracy  there  is here in Thailand when nobody had the balls in the assembly to ask about the defence budget. If somebody did ask there would of been an empty chair where the person who asked the question  about the defence budget , He would just disappear for disobeying orders

I agree with you mate, propaganda no more no less, it's shameful how this minuscule bumbling buffoon has gotten away with it for so long, I am sorely tempted to make an analogy between the shower blocks................ No, I'll stop there, I think that would be best for everyone.

On 9/2/2017 at 6:14 AM, Get Real said:

It was all just rented for the visit. :cheesy:

News report today says it was all a 'misunderstanding' by the locals. The water and electric supply were just examples of what they plan to install after a some months! The purpose was met at the time: photos of grateful grinning villagers all wai-ing the PM.  Now the frogs and cattle have no water, so the locals are eating them.