L'Oreal sacks transgender model after comments on white people

rooster59

L'Oreal sacks transgender model after comments on white people

640x640 (3).jpg

FILE PHOTO - A logo is seen over the entrance of Cosmetics company L'Oreal building in Paris, August 16, 2013. REUTERS/Christian Hartmann/File Photo

PARIS (Reuters) - French cosmectics giant L'Oreal sacked its first transgender model to appear on a British advertising campaign after she described all white people as racist on Facebook.

London-based model Munroe Bergdorf had announced on her Facebook page on August 27 that she was to be part of the French cosmetics brand's new advertising campaign celebrating diversity.

In an online message that later appeared on Friday to have been deleted, Bergdorf said, according to the Daily Mail newspaper: "Honestly I don't have energy to talk about the racial violence of white people any more. Yes ALL white people."

L'Oreal's UK unit said on its Twitter page it had decided to terminate her contract: "L'Oreal champions diversity. Comments by Munroe Bergdorf are at odds with our values and so we have decided to end our partnership with her."

In a post on her page on Friday, Bergdorf criticised the Daily Mail article and sought to defend her comments, which she said were a reaction to the violence of white supremacists in Charlottesville in the United States.

"When I stated that 'all white people are racist', I was addressing that fact that western society as a whole, is a SYSTEM rooted in white supremacy - designed to benefit, prioritise and protect white people before anyone of any other race," she said.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-09-02

Typical ****ing bull****.
Certain groups have been pushing the idea that only "white" people are racist, despite the open and obvious evidence to the contrary. They are literally trying to make "white" people be ashamed for being born white, while taking absolutely zero responsibility for their own actions. They deliberately ignore history and try to place all blame for their situation on white people and totally ignore the hypocrisy of themselves acting in exactly the same manner as the people they accuse of being racist.
Oh but if you are not ashamed because you were born with white skin then you must be a right-wing neo-nazi !

I've seen racism from people all over the world and the one thing that holds true is, racism knows no colour and every race has racists.

This planet has far too many people on it now. Things are starting to reach a breaking point, as often happens when a place gets overcrowded. Think about it, from 1800-1900 the earth's population went from around 1 billion to 1.65 billion. 650 million more people in 100 years. However, from 1900-2000 the planet's population jumped from 1.65 billion people to over 6 billion ! An increase of over 4.35 billion people in just that 100 year span ! Add another 1.5 billion(+) over the last 16 and a bit years. It is estimated we will surpass 11 billion by the end of this century, meaning we'll have added over 5 billion more people to the planet in that 100 year span. 

And you thought the lines at the Suvarnabhumi Immigration counters were bad now !

I think it's bizarre they have to mention what gender/sex/colour that person is?  doesn't that promote difference?  when I was a senior manager I could not care less all I wanted was performance but as my career went on and the world became PCCD (PC Compulsive Disorder) I had to tread very, very gingerly as we could be sued at any moment.

BTW I have been told that only white people can be racist? that a 'person of colour' cannot?

the world's gone bananas

NOTE: no disrespect to bananas intended nor inferred nor to the colour 'yellow' nor to anything which is not 'straight'.

Edited by LannaGuy

Lets face it ,if "she" was not black (with some white in her) and transgender ,she would have about as much chance of becoming a model as me .

oh and as "all" white people are racist ,does that include the white ones that are married to "people of colour" must be pc ,and those of us married to Asians?

Lets face it ,if "she" was not black (with some white in her) and transgender ,she would have about as much chance of becoming a model as me .
oh and as "all" white people are racist ,does that include the white ones that are married to "people of colour" must be pc ,and those of us married to Asians?
She is white dude pretending to be black woman as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

"When I stated that 'all white people are racist', I was addressing that fact that western society as a whole, is a SYSTEM rooted in white supremacy - designed to benefit, prioritise and protect white people before anyone of any other race," she said.

System that prioritizes whites?..  not doing a very good job then are they.... since East Asians, despite being a minority in western countries, earn more, have higher quality of living, experience and perpetrate less crime, have lower divorce rates, less state dependency, higher education (despite having to earn higher entry scores) etc.. than "whites" in their own countries.

13 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

What's really bizarre is that this is a case of someone who was fired for a racist comment about white people and most of the posters chime in complaining that the lack of stigma for calling white people racist!  If ever Pavlov's ideas needed support, this thread would provide plenty of it.

Non racist white people are pretty tired of being called racist. White people are probably the least racist group there is. And they self-police it. 

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

And your point is somehow supported by L'Oreal firing this person? Obsessive thinking much?

Well I am not in disagreement with what L'Oreal chose to do. But my comments are mainly a reaction to the Ladyboy's Facebook comments. Of course me being a white person I should just receive whatever point of view is put forward and shut my mouth because history and stuff.

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:

Well I am not in disagreement with what L'Oreal chose to do. But my comments are mainly a reaction to the Ladyboy's Facebook comments. Of course me being a white person I should just receive whatever point of view is put forward and shut my mouth because history and stuff.

Not because you're white but for other very good reasons. But thanks for sharing your self-pity.

Edited by ilostmypassword

3 hours ago, Xaos said:

White male pretending to be black female, making racist comments about white ppl. 2017 here we are.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Not quite, but I concede your point about 2017 ....The world is going down the toilet for sure !!

munroe-bergdorf_Fotor.jpg

Edited by AhFarangJa

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Non racist white people are pretty tired of being called racist. White people are probably the least racist group there is. And they self-police it. 

Self police i would say they go OTT, and less of this white people stuff, lets call ourselves "people of no colour" fits in better with the poetic "people of colour"don't you think?

8 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Typical ****ing bull****.
Certain groups have been pushing the idea that only "white" people are racist, despite the open and obvious evidence

to the contrary.

They are literally trying to make "white" people be ashamed for being born white, while taking absolutely zero responsibility for their own actions.

They deliberately ignore history and try to place all blame for their situation on white people and totally ignore the hypocrisy of themselves acting in exactly the same manner as the people they accuse of being racist.
Oh but if you are not ashamed because you were born with white skin then you must be a right-wing neo-nazi !

Interesting how one knucklehead makes a lame blanket statement,

and your responses are essentially identical in attitude:

"Typical ****ing bull****"

"Certain groups have been pushing the idea that only "white" people are racist"

"They are literally trying to make "white" people be ashamed for being born white"

"They deliberately ignore history"

:coffee1:

"Oh but if you are not ashamed because you were born with white skin then you must be a right-wing neo-nazi !"

And that one is just plain hysterical, hyperbolic gibberish...

Edited by iReason

People are making too big a deal about this.

Corporate entities eschew controversy.

People often sign contracts agreeing to that.

So she was fired. So what. It's just about another corporation protecting itself. It's really nothing real about racism, either way. 

31 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Self police i would say they go OTT, and less of this white people stuff, lets call ourselves "people of no colour" fits in better with the poetic "people of colour"don't you think?

Eventually we will just be known as the very very bad race

7 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What a freak! He/she/it is so ugly; why would they even hire that person as a model??

There are two possible reasons:

1 Because they felt sorry for him/her.

2 Because they he/she will help them corner the transgender market in cosmetics.

Answers on a postcard, please (any colour except pink or blue).

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

People are making too big a deal about this.

Corporate entities eschew controversy.

People often sign contracts agreeing to that.

So she was fired. So what. It's just about another corporation protecting itself. It's really nothing real about racism, either way. 

I tend to agree.   She is hired to increase sales.   Making a statement such as she did will not produce that goal.   It's neither true nor relevant to much of anything.    

Your confusing us, Mx. Munroe, with your change in skin tone:

"White male pretending to be black female"

"if "she" was not black (with some white in her)" 

munroe-bergdorf_Fotor.jpg.2d55808d3d5f9e20ee4f25bb5d5d20f1.jpg.f028ba434c876546baf469eb752b93c0.jpg

Pot calling the kettle ... white?

Edited by nausea
Grammar