Cigarettes, alcoholic drinks to cost more

rooster59

21 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Your family are all alcoholics?

I think that is quite an unpleasant thing to say.

People who get just 2 or 3 weeks holiday each year may feel that they deserve a few glasses of wine and regard it as part of their overall enjoyment. It doesn't make them alcoholics.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

My local mom and pop shop charged me 35 baht for a can of chang yesterday. Today it was 43.

Unless she went shopping this morning it should have been the same price until her stocks ran out.  But she translated a 1 baht increase into 8 baht (on stock she bought weeks ago at the old price)

I've been buying water, milk, beer, yakult, eggs etc from her for 2 years primarily to support the locals over the 711 cp guys. Hope she enjoys that 8 baht because it will cost her several thousands of baht in the coming months. Muppets.

But if you told her so she would likely just bad mouth you for having a bad heart .

8 hours ago, VBF said:

Most Hashes do welcome men (Hashers) and Women (Hariettes) to join in the fun. Phuket for example, has several Hashes - some for everyone, some just for men and some just for women Have a look at the Information page on here...  Phuket Hash House Harriers

On On....

Have met some fine folks in Phuket Hash House Harriers and ridden my mountain bike in one of their trail rides a few years ago.  It was fantastic and hope to do it again next time I'm in Phuket!

13 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Your family are all alcoholics?

No, But I am , in recovery 20 years. Do not drink a day at a time and that’s why I can afford to fly back and forth from Ireland to Thailand when the mood suits me.  Om the other hand anyone who thinks that enjoying a good wine makes them an alcoholic is an incivilised moron. 

5 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

No, But I am , in recovery 20 years. Do not drink a day at a time and that’s why I can afford to fly back and forth from Ireland to Thailand when the mood suits me.  Om the other hand anyone who thinks that enjoying a good wine makes them an alcoholic is an incivilised moron. 

Ah the bitterness of the reformed alco rises to the fore.

Locally, in Takfa, Nakhon Sawan Province, Hong Thong has gone up  30 baht/750 ml bottle to 275 baht, Large Leo has increased by 2 baht to 67 baht/bottle and Lao Khao has risen by 10 baht/large bottle.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:14 AM, Thechook said:

Does anyone actually drink thai wine? Its putrid stuff.  Imported wine is so over priced and ridiculous.  I noticed a cheap bottle of aussie wine, riverside landing that retails at $3.50 AUD in australia was retailing in Thailand at 650baht.  They would be buying it at no more than 50 baht a bottle or $2.00 AUD. Riverside landing is putrid but better than thai wine.

Imported wine in Thailand has been overpriced for years.  When we moved to the UK seven years ago a bottle of an Hardy's Australian Cabernet sauvignon was 695 baht in Chiang Mai and £4.75 in the UK.  Now when in Thailand I stick to spirits, not the Thai ghostly ones just gin and tonics.