Best Truck Ford or Toyota!

Duaned

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Jack james said:

How is long term reliability of Isuzu? Comparable to toyota?

No ride is 100% reliable, you could buy a lemon, but Isuzu and Toyota stand out as way ahead in LOS regarding reliability...That is my point, in LOS...The makers understand LOS and how to determine longevity here... :stoner:

The cars I own are 2006 and 1989 vintage, so I can't help you there.
I have sat in the latest Fortuner and Pajero, and I'm quite amazed vehicles that are so large on the outside are so cramped for space on the inside.
Reminds me of a 1990s 5 series BMW. Tiny in the front of one of them.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

On 10/28/2017 at 11:03 PM, Jack james said:

How is long term reliability of Isuzu? Comparable to toyota?

Isuzu is known to be the most reliable in thailand as many folks use it as a delivery truck but thats mainly due to its pricing vs Toyota. I would say both are about the same, it comes down to the price and quality of dealership around you.

I had an isuzu dmax with over 500,000 km on it, it gave me no problems. But there were many wear and tear parts that needed replacement in the end (around 400-500,000 km) as the plastics have became brittle, etc. but its expected. Sold the truck couple years ago and bought a new dmax and also have a hilux.

From having questioned a lot of people around me when I was considering the purchase of a pick-up truck, my understanding is that the main reason for people to chose Isuzu over Toyota or Mitsubishi is the lower fuel consumption. Not reliability. As far as I know Toyotas are just as reliable if not more.

I'm new to this forum this is my first post. I arrived in Thailand from Australia about 11 months ago.

I bought a new Ford Ranger Wildtrak in March of this year. In Australia most trade people drive these cars and they're reliable and tough. We've had these fords on our roads for years and Aussies love them and swear by them.

Ford in Nakhon Si Thammarat has been great to deal with. No issues.

It all boils down to which truck you like. Most of these later model trucks are all good. My nephews here own Mitsubishi triton and Isuzu dmax both new. They were spewing when they saw my choice because they both fell in love with the look of it. 

And I can tell you it has way more features and a beautiful ride.

My choice in the end was either the Ford or the Toyota even though deep down I was always going to go Ford because Ford Australia are a very well respected brand. Cheers john 

3 minutes ago, John Citizen said:

I'm new to this forum this is my first post. I arrived in Thailand from Australia about 11 months ago.

I bought a new Ford Ranger Wildtrak in March of this year. In Australia most trade people drive these cars and they're reliable and tough. We've had these fords on our roads for years and Aussies love them and swear by them.

Ford in Nakhon Si Thammarat has been great to deal with. No issues.

It all boils down to which truck you like. Most of these later model trucks are all good. My nephews here own Mitsubishi triton and Isuzu dmax both new. They were spewing when they saw my choice because they both fell in love with the look of it. 

And I can tell you it has way more features and a beautiful ride.

My choice in the end was either the Ford or the Toyota even though deep down I was always going to go Ford because Ford Australia are a very well respected brand. Cheers john 

Fingers crossed you have a trouble free ownership cause if you ever have to deal with a Ford service dept here in Thailand those rose tinted glasses will soon be discarded !!

44 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Fingers crossed you have a trouble free ownership cause if you ever have to deal with a Ford service dept here in Thailand those rose tinted glasses will soon be discarded !!

Some of the dealerships here could well be short of being good. Others are excellent. I went to the one in Nakhon because it was recommended to me by one of the owners of ironman 4x4. Two of the salesman from Ford have since visited me twice in my home to see if I'm happy. They even bought me 3 free ford t-shirts  (A 90 minute round trip for them) they also promised me 3 car wax polishes within a 12 month period. I have already used up 2 of them. Cheers 

5 minutes ago, John Citizen said:

Some of the dealerships here could well be short of being good. Others are excellent. I went to the one in Nakhon because it was recommended to me by one of the owners of ironman 4x4. Two of the salesman from Ford have since visited me twice in my home to see if I'm happy. They even bought me 3 free ford t-shirts  (A 90 minute round trip for them) they also promised me 3 car wax polishes within a 12 month period. I have already used up 2 of them. Cheers 

So have you had to make a warranty claim?

2 minutes ago, John Citizen said:

My friends from ironman have and no issues. They own 5 rangers. Cheers 

As I thought, you have had no dealings personally with Ford service departments making a warranty claim.

When you do it may best best to have your friends at Ironman handle it for you !!

2 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

As I thought, you have had no dealings personally with Ford service departments making a warranty claim.

When you do it may best best to have your friends at Ironman handle it for you !!

Wow my first day posting and I come across someone like you.

Hellbent on proving to everybody here that Ford and Thai people are dishonest. You are not here to discuss that is very obvious.

I don't need ironman to handle things for me buddy boy. 

And you know what you can do with your exclamation marks.

14 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

Why would you assume he'll have a warrenty related problem with a new truck?

I've found the northern Issan Ford dealers to be of quite high quality, bought mine in Sakon Nakon and get it serviced in Udon Thani. Both dealers with brand new shops and first rate service. Perhaps Ford targeted this area? I don't know

I'm a Wildtrack owner of 4 years, 72,000 km and no warranty claims.

I must be the only one

Good choice John.

For starters, I don't know a whole lot about either, but it is a decision I will have to make in the future also.

Will have two kids (in car seats), but also two big dogs (55kg and 70kg). Was looking at either pick ups or SUVs. Obviously the car will be used primarily as a family car so interior comfort is important for the long trips, but we do live rural also and do have a farm (currently use two everyday sedans and the father's Isuzu pick up). So if pick up truck will be used with both farm related activities and transporting the dogs to the vet. If SUV then will just continue using the Isuzu for those things.

Ford seems to win out on Australia's 'how safe is your car' website in terms of safety (a big factor obviously in Thailand). 

But I did really like the Toyota when I drove one of cousins new ones around the city. The only problem I had with it was that it seemed quite cramped for me compared to the Ford. I am 198cm. Not an issue for a quick drive, but could see it being uncomfortable on a longer drive. 

Chev I don't think has a servicing centre where I am, and Ford is run by my boss' brother which may help re issues relating to customer servicing that people are saying. Is the reliability all that bad? The local municipality garden section drives an ancient Ranger around that looks like they have put it through hell and back without any issues.

Personally, I like the look of the Ford, and maybe feel an irrational attachment with it being Aussie, but in terms of the variables in my life (size, young family, know the owner etc), it seems a good fit for us. However, reliability/resale is obviously important. Moral of the story it seems is that not one car probably fits every lifestyle and their will be some negatives you may have to take on with any car.

Edited by wildewillie89

Wow my first day posting and I come across someone like you.
Hellbent on proving to everybody here that Ford and Thai people are dishonest. You are not here to discuss that is very obvious.
I don't need ironman to handle things for me buddy boy. 
And you know what you can do with your exclamation marks.
Ignore him John.

Many like to bash Ford here. Usually those who buy a piece of carp Turdota and harp on about servicing and resell value being more important than having the best vehicle and one that doesn't make your eyes bleed with its fuglyness.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Thanks fellas for your replies to me. I think Fords resale value with the Ranger isn't as bad as some here have mentioned. I looked at the possibility of a second hand wildtrak and they seem to hold their value pretty well.

Some posters here just ramble on. On some other thread some guy saw a broken down ranger and somehow it made his day. No doubt he made it up to make up for his self inadequacy.

Thanks fellas for your replies to me. I think Fords resale value with the Ranger isn't as bad as some here have mentioned. I looked at the possibility of a second hand wildtrak and they seem to hold their value pretty well.

Some posters here just ramble on. On some other thread some guy saw a broken down ranger and somehow it made his day. No doubt he made it up to make up for his self inadequacy.

I dont really think there are any bad pick-ups here it all depends on what you have driven over the years and got you out of trouble if you ever got stuck.

i have managed to get in some serious mud and ditches in the past and always managed to get out.

A friend of mine who had no end of problems with his Lemon Ranger set his Gps go Home setting to his Ford Garage which made me laugh....

He finally managed to get rid of it and ended up buying the new Navara which he swears by.

For me i always have and will trust a Toyota

A ford raptor(not a ranger with a ford grill) would be great but to big for Thailand .

Isn't it strange that every truck has copied the vigo shape look at the older rangers and mazdas they were tiny when the 4x4 vigo arrived back in 2005/06  then they all tried to copy it .

I am an old man and in in July I bought my last new car in my life? I chose like you between Toyota Revo auto and Ford Ranger wildtrak. After testing and checking test result from both Europe and Australia the choice been more easy. I choose a Ford with 2,2 liter engine and 2WD. Soon 10000 km without problem and a fuel consumption at 0,74 l per 10 km. I am satisfied.

Skickat från min Redmi Note 4 via Tapatalk

2 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I dont really think there are any bad pick-ups here it all depends on what you have driven over the years and got you out of trouble if you ever got stuck.

i have managed to get in some serious mud and ditches in the past and always managed to get out.

A friend of mine who had no end of problems with his Lemon Ranger set his Gps go Home setting to his Ford Garage which made me laugh....

He finally managed to get rid of it and ended up buying the new Navara which he swears by.

A ford raptor(not a ranger with a ford grill) would be great but to big for Thailand .

Isn't it strange that every truck has copied the vigo shape look at the older rangers and mazdas they were tiny when the 4x4 vigo arrived back in 2005/06  then they all tried to copy it .

In the meantime the Ford Ranger surpassed the look of the Vigo by miles with its masculine rugged looks. I might buy a Vigo for the wife cause it looks like a chicks car.

Many non Ranger drivers like yourself on this forum are suffering from small penis syndrome. Get over yourselves. 

Edited by John Citizen

Sorry John Citizen you keep to your Ford Ranger if it helps with feeling masculine.

Think you have it the wrong way round I always thought it was said that the mascline cars were due to a shortfall in the trouser department.

Not sure about suppased in looks but then that is why there is a choice otherwise everyone would drive Ford rangers with there tackle getting caught in the door .

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Sorry John Citizen you keep to your Ford Ranger if it helps with feeling masculine.

Think you have it the wrong way round I always thought it was said that the mascline cars were due to a shortfall in the trouser department.

Not sure about suppased in looks but then that is why there is a choice otherwise everyone would drive Ford rangers with there tackle getting caught in the door .

Whatever... Your last comment was your friend had a lemon ranger. Ranger copies Toyota,.just tell us why you like the Vigo. The Ranger is a lemon story is pure BS posted here many times by drivers of jap models. For some reason this model vehicle hits a raw nerve with many of you.  

14 hours ago, John Citizen said:

In the meantime the Ford Ranger surpassed the look of the Vigo by miles with its masculine rugged looks. I might buy a Vigo for the wife cause it looks like a chicks car.

Many non Ranger drivers like yourself on this forum are suffering from small penis syndrome. Get over yourselves. 

I find comments about folks private parts when discussing cars rather strange...eyes.gif.92b177765193c3cf25da10c047dd25ad.gif

On 11/7/2017 at 3:55 PM, kwak250 said:

I think any of the major pickups would work out fine. Personally have a Navarro that am very happy with, fact is everyone cheer-leads whatever brand they own to reinforce their purchase decision. My Ford in Oz had its oil cooler pack it in just out of warranty, fortunately it was replaced gratis by Ford as I'd always serviced at the dealer, suspect though that may not occur here.

On 07/11/2017 at 12:35 PM, John Citizen said:

Kwak I'm just being silly. Sorry if I offended you with anything I've said the last couple of days..Yes I'm strange..

why don't we all talk about our trucks with tips or tricks, where we can buy cheap accessories, tyres etc 

I'm looking for A/T tyres, bf Goodrich, Cooper or Yokohama.. Anyone know of anywhere that discounts ? 

Wheels and tyres are the only modification I'm doing. Maybe some spotlights as well ?

9 hours ago, John Citizen said:

I don't know where you are ... but ... on Chaengwattana ... the opposite side to Makro ... down the side of the bridge, a little past the Honda Dealer there is the EAGLE sign ... I have always found that company OK and they will do a 'complete' alinement check included in the price.

They are no longer EAGLE ... just haven't removed the sign yet.