Smart Pattaya police work leads to swift arrest of lady boy "Sonya"

webfact

Smart Pattaya police work leads to swift arrest of lady boy "Sonya"

3pm.jpg

Source: Sanok

A lady boy thief who stole 50,000 baht from a South Korean tourist was soon rounded up thanks to smart police work.

The victim was able to pick out the thief from ID photos of light fingered lady boys kept on file and an arrest was made within five hours.

Mr Lee, 47, was accosted by "Sonya" as he walked with friends in the area of Soi 6/1.

The street walker seemed friendly and suggested some "rumpty-tumpty" but Mr Lee just wanted a quiet night in.

However, within moments he realized that Sonya had an ulterior motive in attempting to bridge the gap in international Thai/South Korean relations.

He had been relieved of his documents, credit card and 50,000 baht in local currency and won.

He immediately contacted Pattaya's finest and down at the station had little problem in fingering the lady boy from ID pictures of past miscreants kept on file.

"That's her.....well, him," he exclaimed as it turned out to be Sunthorn or "Sonya", 22, well known to the resort cops.

Apichai Krobpetch's best team then hot-footed it to an apartment block on Sai 3 road where they found Sonya banged to rights surrounded by the loot.

Mr Lee did the pointing at the station and the case was wrapped up before morning.

The cops had their smiling pictures taken with the lady boy who was charged with stealing in the hours of darkness and receiving stolen goods.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-27

You can start a joke of How many Thai cops dose it take to apprehend

one 22 years old Katoy?.... the answer would be as many as you fit in

a photo Opp as above, ( which is 9 cops )....

Edited by ezzra

Once again, I repeat my offer to pay my share to fund a website that tracks the outcome of these incidents that affect foreigners.

Did the guy get fined and released, how much was the fine, and what was the punishment?  Kudos to the popo for catching the culprit.  But that means little if he/she's out tomorrow doing the same same.

And since social media seems to be relatively effective at shaming Thai officials into actually doing something, I'm hoping the money would be well spent when potential tourists back home read about how valuable their lives, property and safety are to officials here.

Just before they click "BUY" on their airplane ticket to LOS or their many other options.  Not after they've been victimized and realize they've also been had by what passes for a justice system.

Edited by impulse

31 minutes ago, Thian said:

Those ladyboys are a bigger pest than the soidogs with rabies.

Please get rid of them, they give Thailand such a bad name worldwide.

They are also part of the reason many come to Thailand. It's a shame a  minority tarnish the reputation of the many. 

8 hours ago, HooHaa said:

what a remarkably fine example of trite colloquial writing.

i can feel the smug rolling off the "writer's" keyboard.

I was thinking the same thing.  It seems the writer is quite proud of his writing skills, perhaps without justification.

Smart

What is smart about policing that gets out and does its job instead of doing the second job first?

Other countries police do it every day all day, Mug shot, thats him/her and nicked, but the bib want to be told how good they are at doing the job they are paid to do. makes you feel the bib are at a lower level than the Ladyboy, Paul Buick-ed again.

5 hours 9 police men when they already had him on record fantastic. I love the way they fill the need to pose for a pic as if they are super cops.all they did was show the guy some pics. how much time out for this pic.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The crooks probably know and actively stalk tourists who exchange large amounts of cash at the kiosks and moneychangers. (Save on outrageous ATM fees.) With a local Bank account I never have feel the need to pull more than a few thousand? Walking around Pattaya with 50,000 is nuts!

Fortunately Koreans don’t go in for sporting the gold baht chaynes and amulets.

19 hours ago, HooHaa said:

what a remarkably fine example of trite colloquial writing.

i can feel the smug rolling off the "writer's" keyboard.

And we can see that it's highly contagious...

FPS who cares?  Dog bites man.  Man bites back.  A comparatively satisfying ending (where the outcomes haven't historically always been that favorable...).  Why do you feel so  compelled to try & deflect attention from the actual topic?

19 hours ago, impulse said:

Once again, I repeat my offer to pay my share to fund a website that tracks the outcome of these incidents that affect foreigners.

Did the guy get fined and released, how much was the fine, and what was the punishment?  Kudos to the popo for catching the culprit.  But that means little if he/she's out tomorrow doing the same same.

kcpattaya has answered your question in post#14, although I'm not sure how much research was involved.

200 baht seems a bargain compaired to the often spouted 500!!

19 hours ago, impulse said:

And since social media seems to be relatively effective at shaming Thai officials into actually doing something, I'm hoping the money would be well spent when potential tourists back home read about how valuable their lives, property and safety are to officials here.

Just before they click "BUY" on their airplane ticket to LOS or their many other options.  Not after they've been victimized and realize they've also been had by what passes for a justice system.

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

kcpattaya has answered your question in post#14, although I'm not sure how much research was involved.

200 baht seems a bargain compaired to the often spouted 500!!

Based on the information presented to back up post #14, I'd bet dollars to donuts he was kidding.

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

The crooks probably know and actively stalk tourists who exchange large amounts of cash at the kiosks and moneychangers. (Save on outrageous ATM fees.) With a local Bank account I never have feel the need to pull more than a few thousand? Walking around Pattaya with 50,000 is nuts!

And leaving it in what passes for hotel safes is even nuts-er. 

As if every tourist that comes to Thailand has a local account, or even an ATM card that works in Thailand ATM's (or confidence that their entire holiday won't be ruined when they can't get cash) 

I'd contend that anyone who keeps less than 50,000 baht in cash on an international trip is just asking for the day that technology fails them and ruins their trip.  If it hasn't happened to you yet, you don't travel enough (unless your man servant holds your cash back at the jet or the yacht).   And if I'm carrying cash, I'm carrying it on me.  Not "locked up" back in the room where I'll get chided for the stupidity of leaving that much for the housekeeper to steal.  Damned if you do, ridiculed if you don't.

Edited by impulse

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They should have taken some of their nice new guns and used them to break all his fingers!

I think a couple of fingers would suffice.  Seriously, these creatures have such a cavalier attitude about what they do, and the miniscule punishment they receive, that I believe the only thing that will help them is some concrete therapy.  I remember a couple years back , one of these characters picked on the wrong victim, a healthy Russian, and got a good thrashing.  At the cop shop, the ladyboy said he did not expect to be grabbed and beaten by the Russian.  Haven't seen that cockroach in the news since that event. 

A pity. Hotel safes are designed to be easily opened by staff.

Myself I didn’t feel much need to use cash any longer, have only had one problem a few years ago with a Silom Road Atm in a sudden rainstorm. Wave mobile phone a sensor pad and touch finger to home button, cards even now useless in home country. A much more secure technology that will become widespread soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk