Security man in a suit caught stealing in latest Bangkok airport theft

webfact

Security man in a suit caught stealing in latest Bangkok airport theft

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CCTV caught a security man in a suit stealing from a passenger's bag at carousel 16 at Suvarnabhumi airport.

The arrest of 37 year old Chusak came after high ranking police and airport authorities met to discuss the problem of theft from passengers at Bangkok's main airport.

Chusak - an employee of contracted private firm ISS - was filmed stealing an expensive bottle of perfume. He tried to hide his action by moving a trolley in the way but was still identified and arrested in his room with the stolen goods.

The theft happened on Monday at 4.50pm and was reported by the passenger who had earlier retrieved their bag from the carousel then walked off to attend to something elsewhere.

The authorities have promised action after a series of thefts at the airport prompted a visit from the national deputy police chief earlier this week.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-08

As I said yesterday, Once you reach customs and they ask you did you pack your bags. You say, "yes but so did the baggage handlers", and now I add, " the security people". That way if drugs are found and due to the slack security at Thailand's major airport you should be found Not Guilty. What a joke!

Edited by wavemanwww

Seems like it would be easier to just walk off with the whole bag (or a cart full of them) while the owners are stuck in one of those epic immigration queues.  I'm surprised we don't hear about more bags disappearing or being cherry-picked.  

Edit:  Which leads me to the uncomfortable suspicion that some of the security people are actually doing a pretty good job.  Not so uncomfortable to have that suspicion, just to post it here.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Seems like it would be easier to just walk off with the whole bag (or a cart full of them) while the owners are stuck in one of those epic immigration queues.  I'm surprised we don't hear about more bags disappearing or being cherry-picked.  

Edit:  Which leads me to the uncomfortable suspicion that some of the security people are actually doing a pretty good job.  Not so uncomfortable to have that suspicion, just to post it here.

I must be stoned. I thought I read the security guards are actually doing a pretty good job! That coke was great. Meanwhile back to this comment . <deleted>. So one security guard actually gets caught . How many still awaiting to be caught? Yes doing an excellent job at stealing from tourists. Keep posting your comments I may laugh myself to death! End of comment.

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.

16 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Obviously done it before as he has the belief he will never be caught, so keeps stuff in his room and doesn't conceal it elsewhere.

Surely the other Guy in the picture knows what is happening and does nothing about it, so should be arrested for complicity.

It seems to be so, or the buy is especially brazen and believes in the protection of a suit over a reflective jacket. Still leaving your baggage unattended is a risk I don't take, I know there are thieves everywhere.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:44 PM, wavemanwww said:

I must be stoned. I thought I read the security guards are actually doing a pretty good job! That coke was great. Meanwhile back to this comment . <deleted>. So one security guard actually gets caught . How many still awaiting to be caught? Yes doing an excellent job at stealing from tourists. Keep posting your comments I may laugh myself to death! End of comment.

So, exactly how many times have we read about bags being filched or rifled through on the carousel at Swampy?  With millions and millions of international arrivals a year.  Even if the airport is loathe to report it, that's the kind of thing that goes viral on social media nowadays.  Yet, social media is strangely quiet on the topic.  Do you have some inside information, or just Thai bashing for fun and sport?

4 hours ago, impulse said:

So, exactly how many times have we read about bags being filched or rifled through on the carousel at Swampy?  With millions and millions of international arrivals a year.  Even if the airport is loathe to report it, that's the kind of thing that goes viral on social media nowadays.  Yet, social media is strangely quiet on the topic.  Do you have some inside information, or just Thai bashing for fun and sport?

MR IMPULSE if it happened here in Australia, or AMERICA  or any other country.  I WOULD WRITE THE SAME COMMENT. .You are so sensitive Mr IMPULSE?

On 12.2.2018 at 9:42 AM, impulse said:

This is quite easy:

Let's say somebody takes a perfume out of your bag, as has happened here. Usually you don't check your bag right at the airport, but you simply take it to your hotel. Now at your hotel you open your bag and unpack your stuff, still not checking everything exactly. Maybe the next day after you could rest from the stressful flight you are missing your perfume. But now the big question: Did you really pack the perfume in your bag? Maybe you just forgot it at home? If you are not 100% sure, would you go to the police for it? Even if you are 100% sure, do you now really want to spend half a day of your holiday at the police station with probably no outcome in the time while you are still in the country?