Money pours in for Brit and Thai wife and child down on their luck in Buriram

webfact

2 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Full UK pension is approx 150 pound,  at 65 The pension was 86 pound and at 75 I still get it with living in Thailand

Sorry ginjag! U r right! I must be getting senile! Of course it is actually £159.55. For some reason my brain was telling me it was £59.55! Luckily Im not dependent on it so it had not really registered yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spoon1967 said:

How plain does it need to be?  no need to be rude chap, it's all there.

Sorry mate, unless you have positive knowledge of this man's situation-which you admit that you don't- then all you are doing is crowing about yourself and being condemnatory of others.

You are being "Virtually You." (Dr Elias Aboujaoude)

Edited by Odysseus123

20 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

These donations will do them for a short period of time, but the fund should have, realistically, been set up to get him a one way ticket to his home country. The way it is now, there is no long term solution.

true why is the money not used to buy him and get his wife and child a passport to go to uk , once he is there as uk just about takes anyone who has no money and once there , the usual will happen , they will give him a house as he will go to the front of the queue and uk residents will go to the back of it , also he will get benefits , and not have to work and possibly most bills will be paid for him ! i have even heard of a pakistan man claiming for his 4 wives back in pakistan and they did not even live in uk he got the money , why not give it to someone who has not paid any taxes or contributions for years in uk.

2 hours ago, ginjag said:

He at 65, would be on about 600 quid a month  30,000 baht +  UK pension.

Not necessarily, and, using real exchange rates, £600 is only B26k. 

The basic state pension is a maximum of £122 per week, £488 every 4 weeks, but depends on NI contributions that have been made.   If there have been no contributions then there is no pension entitlement.  If he's been here for so long it would not be unlikely that he had not kept up those contributions

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

On retiring recently at 65, I was amazed to read that 10yrs NI contributions is the minimum now required for pension entitlement. But I did not look into how much that would entitle one to.

Under current rules, 10 years of contributions would entitle you to £184 a month (could vary slightly based on exact circumstances) or around 8,000 Baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Not necessarily, and, using real exchange rates, £600 is only B26k. 

The basic state pension is a maximum of £122 per week, £488 every 4 weeks, but depends on NI contributions that have been made.   If there have been no contributions then there is no pension entitlement.  If he's been here for so long it would not be unlikely that he had not kept up those contributions

159 quid a month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

true why is the money not used to buy him and get his wife and child a passport to go to uk , once he is there as uk just about takes anyone who has no money and once there , the usual will happen , they will give him a house as he will go to the front of the queue and uk residents will go to the back of it , also he will get benefits , and not have to work and possibly most bills will be paid for him ! i have even heard of a pakistan man claiming for his 4 wives back in pakistan and they did not even live in uk he got the money , why not give it to someone who has not paid any taxes or contributions for years in uk.

I believe he would need an income of around £18,000 a year to apply for his wife's settlement, plus more if a child is going as well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1

the gentleman worked 30 yrs. in thailand, hence he should be entitled to access the thai social security system ( hospital visit, sickness benefits) although his company not paying him they have to pay social security contribution for him.

wbr

roobaa01

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spoon1967 said:

All, let me just clarify some points ( I've been getting negative responses for having an opinion on this).

The guy has had 30 years to sort out his later years in LOS - he's not done that (obviously).

The guy has not taken care of his health in those 30 years (look at the photos).

He has not built a modern home for his family (read the articles on the net and see the pics)

The guy has a wife and child to support - this seems to of NOT made him change his ways with regards to all the above.

He has no funds (obviously).

He has no pension forecast /plans (I'm guessing on this one).

I'm sorry but he has had 30 years to sort this out and has done nothing, there's no excuses, my guess he's pissed it all away - for the first 25 years at least.

I have a Thai son aged 5 (now divorced), and have made sure that I have invested in his home / future, it's called responsibility.

Now your guessing"he's pissed it away?

You have no more info on this guy than I do.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If he has lived in Thailand for 30 years it is possible that he has not paid NI contributions for long enough to recieve a pension.

Many farangs here are fat but that does not mean that he is a slug and if he smoked and drank so what?

There are none so pious than those who look down their nose at the less fortunate.

You only need 10, which I had, being a student half that time.

I recently doubled that by posting back the last 10 years for 1500 pound. Probably this guy has 10 years, let's chip in and get him 65000 baht so he can get over 100 quid a week, more than enough to live in a shack in bloody rural Buriram.

7 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

the gentleman worked 30 yrs. in thailand, hence he should be entitled to access the thai social security system ( hospital visit, sickness benefits) although his company not paying him they have to pay social security contribution for him.

wbr

roobaa01

Yes he'd be entitled to a payout of approximately 400,000 baht, or monthly payments. If I love that long, I'll get UK, Thai, and private pensions.

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Now your guessing"he's pissed it away?

You have no more info on this guy than I do.

Odysseus123

Yes,  as I admitted I guessed that 1, let me see..........what else could he of done with 30 years of salary? saved it all up...no - proven, built a house? no - proven, paid for top medical insurance, no, spent it all on food - no.  I'd say as an educated man (who's been around probs more than your good self, not meant in anyway derogatory ) my guess is probs in the top 1.

But all that aside - you agree with the rest of it - I'll take that as a compliment from your good self. ;-)

Edited by spoon1967
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, spoon1967 said:

I have a Thai son aged 5 (now divorced), and have made sure that I have invested in his home / future, it's called responsibility.

More responsible to only have kids if you're in a stable, loving relationship.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, spoon1967 said:

Odysseus123

Yes,  as I admitted I guessed that 1, let me see..........what else could he of done with 30 years of salary? saved it all up...no - proven, built a house? no - proven, paid for top medical insurance, no, spent it all on food - no.  I'd say as an educated man (who's been around probs more than your good self, not meant in anyway derogatory ) my guess is probs in the top 1.

But all that aside - you agree with the rest of it - I'll take that as a compliment from your good self. ;-)

I agree that you are using this forum to crow about yourself whilst condemning others.

Otherwise,I wouldn't give you the time of day as I suspect that it would be one long narcissistic rant about how wonderful you are,mate.

You do a lot of "guessing" for a self proclaimed "educated man",don't you?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I agree that you are using this forum to crow about yourself whilst condemning others.

Otherwise,I wouldn't give you the time of day as I suspect that it would be one long narcissistic rant about how wonderful you are,mate.

You do a lot of "guessing" for a self proclaimed "educated man",don't you?

I have just sent you a PM.

You're obviously a saintly guy.  Yes I am educated, hence I have a good pension at age 50 and are still working and supporting my children.  Do you not think Thailand has enough abandoned children who don't have a fathers financial support? without foreigners adding to it!

How much have you sent this guy? talk is cheap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spoon1967 said:

I have just sent you a PM.

You're obviously a saintly guy.  Yes I am educated, hence I have a good pension at age 50 and are still working and supporting my children.  Do you not think Thailand has enough abandoned children who don't have a fathers financial support? without foreigners adding to it!

How much have you sent this guy? talk is cheap.

No-one has ever called me a "saintly man" and I guess they never will.On the other hand,I don't spend my life condemning others on non-existent information,tho' that appears to be an essential tool in a lot of  expat's tool kits....

I have returned your PM.

• Like 2