Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 hour ago, transam said:

So you think the UK's "deterrent" isn't brainy..?

Oh well..5150.gif.a15ec420eb0c180949eacb640c611516.gif

Not really, I know that they aren't meant to be used,it's the club in the corner of the room but if they were used the UK would be a cinder in the North sea what's the point? If you don't have nukes then nukes won't be used against you, oh we might be invaded and occupied by the Russians, sounds better than being a cinder at the seaside of a sovereign UK.

On 4/1/2018 at 1:37 PM, nauseus said:

I didn't say that either! If you don't want to read what I post why comment at all?

Yes you did but I am not going to argue the toss over your distorted vocabulary.

You and many others just want to use Greece to try and vindicate your anti EU stance.

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2018 at 1:40 PM, nauseus said:

You must have the inside track on the final outcome of the Brexit negotiations. Please tell us all.

We can only hope that you have got it right on the final outcome, the UK will remain in the customs union.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The EU Japan agreement was concluded in Dec 2017 and they aim to get it into force by the end of 2019. The UK would rather turn its back on this agreement, and the others, and try and go it alone in the delusion they will get the same benefits. The Japanese market has 127 million consumers, a good bit more than the UK and a lot less than the EU. It is all about leverage.

"Shinichi Iida, minister for public diplomacy and media, said his country's "first and foremost priority" was rubber-stamping its historic trade agreement with Brussels – the largest the EU has ever signed – before work could begin on establishing lucrative free trade deals with the UK."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-japan-shinichi-iida-trade-eu-theresa-may-a8280021.html

"The conclusion of these negotiations is an important milestone to put in place the biggest bilateral trade agreement ever negotiated by the European Union. The Economic Partnership Agreement will open huge market opportunities for both sides, strengthen cooperation between Europe and Japan in a range of areas, reaffirm their shared commitment to sustainable development, and include for the first time a specific commitment to the Paris climate agreement."

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/press/index.cfm?id=1767

There is a reason that the UK hasn't signed off article 127, a few brain cells have kicked in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You know this thread could be quite an appropriate metaphor for Brexit.

It's barged on for ages, both sides talking past the other, not understanding (or even trying to) what the other is saying, and replying with trite catchphrases and producing mountains of hot air, but nothing of any use to man or beast.

Now it's morphed into something completely different to what it started as, but we keep talking on it as it seems to have acquired a life of its own and must be completed.

It will probably result in nothing useful being achieved, but will be just a great waste of everyone's time.  

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

It's barged on for ages, both sides talking past the other, not understanding (or even trying to) what the other is saying, and replying with trite catchphrases and producing mountains of hot air, but nothing of any use to man or beast.

Now it's morphed into something completely different to what it started as, but we keep talking on it as it seems to have acquired a life of its own and must be completed.

It will probably result in nothing useful being achieved, but will be just a great waste of everyone's time.  

Quite right, nothing useful will ever be achieved from brexit and a tremendous waste of everyone's money far less time.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, tebee said:

???

The only 'achievements' that take place on ThaiVisa forum take place elsewhere, where people help each other out with useful practical info and advice. We just shoot the breeze in the politics discussions.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I think you will find in time that this Brexit thing was the beginning of the end of the European Union.

It will descend into chaos as they argue over who pays the bills in the next 5 years or so, then the shit will really hit the fan.

They're already arguing about it now as they prepare the next budget, the reality won't hit for a few years. It will hit the remaining EU members hard.

You have member countries stating that there is no way they will increase their contributions or change from net gainers to net payers.

It's going to get very ugly.

The same as another forced union in Europe. YUGOSLAVIA.

The quicker we’re out of it the better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tebee said:

I think it will result in Britain having a lot less influence in Europe, and probably the world.

3 hours ago, tebee said:

Viewing or contributing to this thread is not compulsory especially for an erudite fellow like yourself.

Thanks for the advice but I will be the best judge of how I spend my time.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, uffe123 said:

I think this guy must have been smoking too much weed and have had a memory lapse. If I remember more than 50% of Brits vote for Brexit? what the hell, blame the Russians. 

Not sure which guy you are talking about, but yourmemory has failed you.  At no time have  50% of Brits voted for Brexit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

You dispute there would be cross border regulations post brexit and you dispute there will be a customs union post brexit.

Time to make your mind up.

Send me the post number where I said either.

• Like 1