Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 hours ago, vogie said:

He is as Scottish as Trevor McDonald, he's from Middlesborough.

True!

I am really not clear on nationality rules.

My grandson was born in the USA to my son (born in York - Old York - a helluva town) and his first Thai wife. The lad has 3 passports!

I am rather proud of my ancestry - I am seriously tight fisted as you would have expect ?

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

Waaaaaaaaaay off topic, chap..:saai:

No more off-topic than the last 4 or 5 pages of posts - although I accept that this throws up some uncomfortable dilemnas for some re: the true nature of the Tories.

2 hours ago, transam said:

We are the British Union when it comes to dealing with the EU...Something to remember...

flag.jpg.3ad443020c882de84af51b89a28031cd.jpg..........5170.gif.ea70cb48628cfcf1b4e15d1ec08f539f.gif

Tell that to May. She doesnt care what opinions the Scots or NI have!

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

True!

I am really not clear on nationality rules.

My grandson was born in the USA to my son (born in York - Old York - a helluva town) and his first Thai wife. The lad has 3 passports!

I am rather proud of my ancestry - I am seriously tight fisted as you would have expect ?

I think I can help you out here grouse, where your grandson was born makes no difference to your nationality.

Just because your great uncle hamish was the first stepson of Bonnie Prince Charley and your great grandfathers mother was second cousin to Prince Christian of Schleswig Holstein, you are still English.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I have visions that this is Grouse and its not the Oracle.:smile:

No, quite wrong. I can't abide any of those sorts of places or the Brexiter types I assume one sees there. No, Tuscany is more my sort of place. The League are not all wrong ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

To me it looks like you are referring to folk making money or having money...Does your life revolve around money....?

Ha! Actually not. I was merely responding to our academic military man. My philosophy is rather loftier and eclectic than that. I'm no millionaire but if you count "worth" in terms of life's experiences then I am extremely well off ?

Just now, Grouse said:

Ha! Actually not. I was merely responding to our academic military man. My philosophy is rather loftier and eclectic than that. I'm no millionaire but if you count "worth" in terms of life's experiences then I am extremely well off ?

Come on Grouse you have stated before you wouldn't get out of bed for less than 300 pound a day. No wonder you prefer fine wine.:smile:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Transam..please remember that likes of grouse and r/r are always bit grumpy..I can only think miss Scotland where in certain parts..sheep are tied to lamp-posts
Only possible reason that I can think of.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I shall be in Edinburgh in the summer! Is that anywhere near Glagow? I've never been ?

19 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

No more off-topic than the last 4 or 5 pages of posts - although I accept that this throws up some uncomfortable dilemnas for some re: the true nature of the Tories.

Nonsense, doesn't matter who is at the helm..If the UK were not committed to sending aid to half the globe and bolstering the EU countries that have done "nothing" then the UK would be able to do many more things for their own....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Come on Grouse you have stated before you wouldn't get out of bed for less than 300 pound a day. No wonder you prefer fine wine.:smile:

My charge out rate is 1000 USD  per day. So what? I like ALL alcoholic beverages except Pastis and Retsina. My favourite is Famous!

Just now, Grouse said:

My charge out rate is 1000 USD  per day. So what? I like ALL alcoholic beverages except Pastis and Retsina. My favourite is Famous!

Come on don't be touchy. It is a bit of light hearted banter. I thought lads from Yorkshire liked a chuckle.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think I can help you out here grouse, where your grandson was born makes no difference to your nationality.

Just because your great uncle hamish was the first stepson of Bonnie Prince Charley and your great grandfathers mother was second cousin to Prince Christian of Schleswig Holstein, you are still English.

Like the queen, she has a German heritage, Phillip comes from the royal Greek family but has a Danish heritage but they are still English, bunch of mongrels really. Tests done on English DNA has shown a greater similarity to the DNA of Germans than to the Welsh DNA, probably nobody was allowed into wales unless you could swing a pickaxe in the coal mine and sing at the same time.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Nonsense, doesn't matter who is at the helm..If the UK were not committed to sending aid to half the globe and bolstering the EU countries that have done "nothing" then the UK would be able to do many more things for their own....

It doesn't have to be one or the other. If the government can find a billion for the DUP, 300 million to fix Betty's leaky roof etc, why can it not find enough to help people who put their lives on the line for us all? They make a conscious decision to underfund many critical areas in the community. It has nothing to do with overseas aid, despite JRM trying to suggest otherwise.

12 minutes ago, transam said:

No country sends aid to another out of the kindness of their heart, it has to do with influence and helping them to buy things that they don't need from the donor country, like weapons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Like the queen, she has a German heritage, Phillip comes from the royal Greek family but has a Danish heritage but they are still English, bunch of mongrels really. Tests done on English DNA has shown a greater similarity to the DNA of Germans than to the Welsh DNA, probably nobody was allowed into wales unless you could swing a pickaxe in the coal mine and sing at the same time.

It's not really surprising that we have similar dna to germans as the Saxons invaded just after the Romans left.

The English language consists of 60% German, 30% French with a touch of Scandinavian thrown in for good luck. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

It doesn't have to be one or the other. If the government can find a billion for the DUP, 300 million to fix Betty's leaky roof etc, why can it not find enough to help people who put their lives on the line for us all? They make a conscious decision to underfund many critical areas in the community. It has nothing to do with overseas aid, despite JRM trying to suggest otherwise.

You missed out Africa etc, and many EU country payouts for a very long time, thankfully India has been taken out which is a start....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

You missed out Africa etc, and many EU country payouts for a very long time, thankfully India has been taken out which is a start....

considering the amount that the UK robbed in India that is quite surprising.

• Confused 1