Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

5 minutes ago, transam said:

You are ducking and diving.....bravo.gif.dedacd71e7d85beba6f106b54df86d69.gif

Not at all; I mean it literally

Getting the electorate properly informed should have been the obvious precursor to the biggest decision in 2 generations. It was a farce

The Scottish referendum was handled much better. The Swiss do this properly, day in, day out; as one would expect

24 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Is that the strongly remain supporter matthew goodwin?

I ask, as I can't be bothered to read any more clearly biased opinion pieces :saai:.

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I believe it to be scholarly article. If you don't agree with the conclusions fine. I always think burning books is unwise

From your response, I assume it is the strongly remain matthew goodwin.....

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

My ex-husband was a physicist - and left me to deal with our finances....:laugh:

Physicists are good in their area of factual knowledge, as are accountants/lawyers etc. - but they are as useless as most others in areas outside their expertise.

Many are are arrogant enough to believe that they are  supremely knowledgeable about all things.....

Maybe.

But I had a proper education and I am a polymath ?

Just now, Grouse said:

Not at all; I mean it literally

Getting the electorate properly informed should have been the obvious precursor to the biggest decision in 2 generations. It was a farce

The Scottish referendum was handled much better. The Swiss do this properly, day in, day out; as one would expect

Predicting the future is outside anybody's scope - although the 'experts' and osborne did their best to frighten the electorate into voting remain....

They failed, and we're left with uncertainty and crystal-ball gazing as to the future.

Of course we can all 'take our best guess', taking into consideration the 'interests' involved....  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

But I had a proper education and I am a polymath

I taught maths at a UK University for 17 years. Polymath(s) was the name of a maths book put out by East London Unversity.

I quess you mean the person who gleens info' from a wide range of data.

Good on you Grouse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I'm sure most of your european friends are very nice people, I wasn't referring to them, I was referring to the likes of Juncker, Verhofstadt, Tusk and Barnier.

Yes, there are some tossers for sure. I would shed no tears if any of them were kicked out, particularly Junker. Barnier is business like.

47 minutes ago, transam said:

Scotland as a whole were not confused about Independence were they...

Of course it was confused. What the Brexiters call Project Fear was honed with the independence referendum.

There was a whole litany of lies disseminated from Westminster, including a hard border, our airports being closed down, being invaded by Russia - and England having no hesitation to bomb us if that last scenario arose, so I disagree - we were very confused, hence the wrong choice was made.

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Maybe.

But I had a proper education and I am a polymath ?

I've no doubt that you believe you are superior in every way - certainly in your own mind :laugh:.

Edit - my ex-husband felt the same way, and I was caring enough to (mostly) not point out the flaws in his 'logic'. :laugh:

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I taught maths at a UK University for 17 years. Polymath(s) was the name of a maths book put out by East London Unversity.

I quess you mean the person who gleens info' from a wide range of data.

Good on you Grouse.

I was being facetious of course

I read applied physics and Chemistry at Durham and used to make chips for a living. I am very fortunate to have been to an excellent collegiate university. I have tried to continue to read widely.

As for being a polymath, does playing blues guitar count? ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I've no doubt that you believe you are superior in every way - certainly in your own mind :laugh:.

Upper quartile maybe?

How about you

Its a Gaussian distribution you know......

On 2/28/2018 at 6:53 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I was referring to a Remain majority being elected at a General Election and the democratically elected parliament making the decision, as should happen in a parliamentary democracy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's hilarious.

They only invented this so that the Victor Meldrew's of this world could grumble on..

Admit it,It is one big spectacular screw up.

And nobody cares.

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

It's hilarious.

They only invented this so that the Victor Meldrew's of this world could grumble on..

Admit it,It is one big spectacular screw up.

And nobody cares.

Everyone in the eu 'cares' - hence the numerous threads and comments.....

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Everyone in the eu 'cares' - hence the numerous threads and comments.....

If they weren't talking about this they would be talking about their pensions..or their Morris Minors or whatever...

The "numerous" threads are more indicative of the "Doolally" than anything else.

They stuffed it because the silly majority all thought that they had signed up for the battle ofAgincourt in 1415.

There is no way that they can escape from Europe and no way that Europe can escape from them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, juice777 said:

If the result of a democratically held referendum is people voting for my sisters children to live In a country where there future is bleak for no apparent good reason and then they admit that they know they will be worst of and a lot of those people are going to be dead when the real reality kicks in then you are right I can't accept the result.

And that's coming for someone who doesn't like the European Union

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

In a democracy you have to accept the result although you don't necessarily have to agree with the result otherwise democracy serves no purpose. Would you prefer to live in a democracy where the rules are governed by your own truths and your own convictions and to hell with everyone else. As for "for no apparent reason". If you look through this and other posts you will find leavers have a litany of reasons for exit. 

If as you say the future is bleak, and you want to continue being nannied, then you must feel a family responsibility to move the young uns to a bright future country in the EU. I understand the best countries for weather are Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy.............as EU members their future, in a weather sense, has always been bright.  

3 minutes ago, aright said:

In a democracy you have to accept the result although you don't necessarily have to agree with the result otherwise democracy serves no purpose. Would you prefer to live in a democracy where the rules are governed by your own truths and your own convictions and to hell with everyone else. As for "for no apparent reason". If you look through this and other posts you will find leavers have a litany of reasons for exit. 

If as you say the future is bleak, and you want to continue being nannied, then you must feel a family responsibility to move the young uns to a bright future country in the EU. I understand the best countries for weather are Greece, Portugal, Spain and Italy.............as EU members their future, in a weather sense, has always been bright.  

In a democracy you can also legally and legitimately attempt to reverse a result. You don't have to just sit back and accept it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, aright said:

You can but the PM has said there will not be another referendum , we are leaving the EU.

To my way of thinking that has a certain finality to it. You can continue to disagree with the result but don't stand in the way of the voted outcome. That's undemocratic.  

Let's not get back to the flogging a dead horse theory.

Well, if there is, as you put it, "a certain finality to it", then how is it possible to stand in the way? Unless of course, there is a difference between a "certain finality" and a "final finality".

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

Scotland as a whole were not confused about Independence were they...

45% were in fact confused, the other 55% knew exactly why they voted to remain in the Union.

A67E4355-1392-47E1-A6EC-5ACAFF545CA0.jpeg

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Maybe the EU should have stepped in to clear these things up then.   

In fact, where were the EU representatives during the referendum campaign? 

Why were they not addressing the British people and extolling the virtues of being in the EU?  

Why were the EU not telling us how much they value British membership?

The fact is, all they want is to govern us, take our money, and take our fish. They couldn’t risk the truth slipping out.

So the fault lies not with those who were deliberately lying to the public, but with those who were being lied about, because they were not robust enough in their pointing out that the case for Brexit was based upon lies?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

So the fault lies not with those who were deliberately lying to the public, but with those who were being lied about, because they were not robust enough in their pointing out that the case for Brexit was based upon lies?

The "public"-that  great democratic lump of intellectual sago (or rhubarb) pudding had their say..

Eat your dessert.

• Like 1