Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The status quo should have remained, it would have been a good warning to the rest of the EU that things have to change (I fully agree that change is needed) The UK is a valued,if somewhat uncomfortable, partner,especially to such countries as Germany and Holland,perhaps the threat of another referendum two years further on would have helped matters.

Broken record.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

"lefty, luvvies and tree huggers" how to immediately nullify any point of view you might have or any hope of being taken seriously?

I agree - but it falls within the same 'lines' as the insults hurled against the opposition...

e.g. extreme right wing/racist/unintelligent/uneducated...:laugh:.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

They could be trained..or employ immigrants from eg..Canada..Oz..etc?

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So according to you, people from our former colonies would be preferable to our EU friends and neighbours? Good luck with recruiting Aussies and Canuks with our lifestyle and living conditions

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Very true - but 'the ideal' will take centuries/milleniums to achieve.

At the moment, cheap labour only advantages the wealthy in more prosperous countries....

Firms that rely on cheap labour won't survive long, especially in the era of AI. In America there are many who can only survive if they have two or three jobs, they would be burger flippers for example but now they have a burger flipping robot in the making, in the not too distant future there will be no bus drivers,no truck drivers,no train drivers,no road sweepers, there are even robot surgeons for prostate cancer OP's. Education has to be the answer.The workforce mustn't fear competition they have to be better, not fight for the protection of the lowest denominator.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Firms that rely on cheap labour won't survive long, especially in the era of AI. In America there are many who can only survive if they have two or three jobs, they would be burger flippers for example but now they have a burger flipping robot in the making, in the not too distant future there will be no bus drivers,no truck drivers,no train drivers,no road sweepers, there are even robot surgeons for prostate cancer OP's. Education has to be the answer.The workforce mustn't fear competition they have to be better, not fight for the protection of the lowest denominator.

The georgia stones 10 commandments is approaching.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So you disagree. No surprise. What is actually nonsense about what I put. You may have a difference of opinion. Nonsense is your reply.

"I still can't understand how so called British people still want to reverse the democratic referendum."

You've been TOLD on multiple occasions. As I say, nonsense!

40 minutes ago, transam said:

So if Hitler got his way back in 1940 and created his own EU would you remoaners side with him...?

An example of historical ignorance combined with a denial of Brexit reality.

Firstly if the EU, and a progressively integrated Europe (including the UK) can be  attributed to any of the WWII leaders then that leader is Churchill.

Secondly, Hitler is the casebook example of a racist who used fear of foreigners and hatred of a particular racial group to further his own aims. If these traits can be associated with any side in the Brexit debate then they belong firmly with the racists and bigots in the Brexit Leave campaign, not with Remain. And please don't tell me that racism, bigotry and xenophobia were not and are not factors in the Brexit Leave campaign. 

Finally, what is it with Brexiteers and harping on about WWII?

Get over it already.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

"Firms that rely on cheap labour won't survive long"

Except they do survive and prosper ...  

"In America there are many who can only survive if they have two or three jobs"

Exactly....

Edited by dick dasterdly

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So you disagree. No surprise. What is actually nonsense about what I put. You may have a difference of opinion. Nonsense is your reply.

Yes, but he’s very good at Nonsense, I do beleive he’s got a PhD in the subject. That’s what makes him so superior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adammike said:

We had a referendum  in 1975 why have you reversed that one? 

Your memory is playing tricks on you. We've never had a referendum on joining the EU. That was done by our government signing a couple of treaties without our approval.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Your memory is playing tricks on you. We've never had a referendum on joining the EU. That was done by our government signing a couple of treaties without our approval.

A democratically elected government, you see how much power you have as a voter, never mind take back 'your' country.

2 minutes ago, aright said:

I thought we had been trying to change things for 40 years and no concessions not even for Mr Cameron. Change is now been demanded by extreme right wing parties. The only response from Barnier and Juncker to the Italian election was to install another crony. Where will it all end? 

brown shirts demanding change ?

50 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So according to you, people from our former colonies would be preferable to our EU friends and neighbours? Good luck with recruiting Aussies and Canuks with our lifestyle and living conditions

You need to get out more. Try a walk in Shepherds Bush, Acton, Earls Court and Fulham. There are 330,000 Australians living there. and 500,000 total in the UK.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

An example of historical ignorance combined with a denial of Brexit reality.

Firstly if the EU, and a progressively integrated Europe (including the UK) can be  attributed to any of the WWII leaders then that leader is Churchill.

Secondly, Hitler is the casebook example of a racist who used fear of foreigners and hatred of a particular racial group to further his own aims. If these traits can be associated with any side in the Brexit debate then they belong firmly with the racists and bigots in the Brexit Leave campaign, not with Remain. And please don't tell me that racism, bigotry and xenophobia were not and are not factors in the Brexit Leave campaign. 

Finally, what is it with Brexiteers and harping on about WWII?

Get over it already.

Talking of historical ignorance, there is no conclusive evidence that Churchill supported the UK's membership of the EEC/EU.  He was keen on France and Germany getting along after the war but as far as the UK goes then most of his famous quotes indicate that he was not keen to join any continental European club. 

• Like 1

I'm hearing there is a movement now not for a redo vote but for a vote to approve or reject the final Brexit plan that is proposed. Is that a serious possibility? So if that vote happened, and people didn't approve the specific plan, what then? 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I'm not sure it can be said with any certainty that nobody voted for 'chaos', I have read and heard a number of comments from people who didn't think Brexit would improve their own life, but would (in their mind) make life difficult for [***] 

***  insert 'Bankers', 'The Elite', 'Lefties', 'Lefty Elite', 'Foreigners', 'Immigrants'..etc...

What is very clear however is that many Brexit supporters voted for things that we now learn are not going to be delivered.

The nation's fishing communities know now that they have been shafted, it turns out that despite Brexit leader denials we don't only need a transit deal, the transit deal is going to drag on for years. The Brexit bonus of cash saved from the EU to be handed to the NHS isn't ever going to happen, the EU is still going to pass laws and regulations that the UK will have to follow (only now no longer having any say in what those laws and regulations are), and free movement is not ending. 

The list goes on.

Yes, The Brexit negotiations have been a complete shambles, lead by a remainer and supported by a sizable number of selfish remainers, who would rather their country go down the pan,instead of getting behind the country.

2AC04BDD-4676-4A56-9899-93ADF4010163.jpeg

• Like 2

I've just scored fourteen successive emoticons from Dundee, it's a record and I'm well chuffed. Can somebody get round to his lodgings or give him a call and see if the poor chap is OK, I fear he may have succumbed to emoticonitis which with any luck might just be fatal.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, simoh1490 said:

I've just scored fourteen successive emoticons from Dundee, it's a record and I'm well chuffed. Can somebody get round to his lodgings or give him a call and see if the poor chap is OK, I fear he may have succumbed to emoticonitis which with any luck might just be fatal.

Obsessed! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm hearing there is a movement now not for a redo vote but for a vote to approve or reject the final Brexit plan that is proposed. Is that a serious possibility? So if that vote happened, and people didn't approve the specific plan, what then? 

It would probably need a change of government for it to happen.

• Like 1