Thai woman admits stealing from Italian tourist over jealousy

rooster59

Thai woman admits stealing from Italian tourist over jealousy

By The Nation

A Thai woman was arrested at her house in Nonthaburi on Friday night after she allegedly stole cash from an Italian tourist at a Pattaya Hotel.

Sureerat Thongsome, 45, was charged with stealing US$7,000, 600 euros and Bt6,000 in cash from Giambattista Vivaldi, 79.

The Italian man filed a complaint with the Pattaya police station on February 21 that his cash had disappeared after he slept with a Thai woman at the Royal Hill Hotel.

Police checked footage of the hotel’s security cameras and traced Sureerat to her Nonthaburi home.

The woman admitted the theft charge, said police.

She claimed that she had a long-term relationship with the Italian man but had not given her any financial assets. When he gave a large sum of money to another woman and also bought her a car, Sureerat said she stole the money out of anger.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340096

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-03
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Been married to my wife 3 years, not given her any large financial assets either ! Better change the safe combination !

why did you marry someone you believe isnt trustworthy? you already believe she could steal your money?  dont you think her expected dishonesty could also lead to adultery?nothing insidious.just like to understand human logic and behaviour.frankly if you married her believing she could be dishonest and still went through the rites with her, your motive for marrying her cant be honest either.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

pay me now or pay me latter..but in the end, we all pay...

2 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

There's a word called sarcasm. Most people know what it means and how it's sometimes used. These nuances escape some.

Nope. Its The Nation. Did you think they have such sophistication? Its just saving their own face. It would kill them to admit many amongst them are far from dishonest. Same like them claiming prostitution is illegal yet we all know what their famous for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

There's a word called sarcasm. Most people know what it means and how it's sometimes used. These nuances escape some.

oops, my bad, and to think that i just love a little sarcasm here and there..

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Been married to my wife 3 years, not given her any large financial assets either ! Better change the safe combination !

Im together for nearly 15 years and have given ZERO! we share everything 50/50. we pay our personal expenses ourself. i have no idea how much money she makes or spends, same applies to her what my money is concerned. Great way of living together. Fantastic *farang* wife i have!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

oops, my bad, and to think that i just love a little sarcasm here and there..

Its sometimes hard to understand what people mean on a forum. Its normal if you fail to detect it at times. 

• Like 1

Times I heard jealousy used as mitigation for whatever a woman has done to me.. My wife is currently off on one over jealousy. Unlucky for her she is now in the uk. The police are having none of it. She's in the shit and you know what....? I think this is justice for all the shit I had to accept when I was a guest in Thailand. She wants my help to get her out of this situation she's created.... I've decided to roll out the middle finger.. :-D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WeLubThailand said:

why did you marry someone you believe isnt trustworthy? you already believe she could steal your money?  dont you think her expected dishonesty could also lead to adultery?nothing insidious.just like to understand human logic and behaviour.frankly if you married her believing she could be dishonest and still went through the rites with her, your motive for marrying her cant be honest either.

Actually, she has never asked me for a penny. That is why.  Above the odd clothes or make up, she has only asked for help in buying a new phone in that time.  Of course the fact that unlike most Thai women most farangs seem to marry, my wife is a school teacher with 3 farms of her own. If anyone was to borrow money it would probably be me !! And most people can see sarcasm !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donotdisturb said:

Im together for nearly 15 years and have given ZERO! we share everything 50/50. we pay our personal expenses ourself. i have no idea how much money she makes or spends, same applies to her what my money is concerned. Great way of living together. Fantastic *farang* wife i have!

Exactly my point, a point some TV readers seem incapable of understanding !

• Thanks 1

...only in the mind of a psycho can an excuse for committing any crime...have any relevance...

...and the authorities .....crime-fighters....upholders of justice....should be the first to say so...unequivocally....

....when will 'enough be enough'....???

...ever...???

....example: ...doused someone with a flammable liquid and set them on fire... '...duhh, we were only joking...'...

...jeez...

5 hours ago, WeLubThailand said:

One of the amazing things about a lot of expats out here is that they they are so full of their own sense of importance and take themselves so seriously they assume that anyone making a comment that has a touch of joking about themselves is as serious as them. Usually the kind of person who likes to discredit all around them but in no way will they accept it against themselves.

Just sayin'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2018 at 2:23 PM, RichardColeman said:

Does she know it already?