Your waist matters if you want to fly THAI Dreamliner

webfact

2 hours ago, bagheera65 said:

Why does nobody here think that the airlines should have seats in which can fit fat people? Why always justifying or be on the side of the corporations when corporations are not and will NEVER be your "friend"?  What a corporation wants - in this case an airline company - is OUR MONEY. I'm not obese but i consider that the money of ( very ) fat people is just as good as ours and if airlines were smart ( which they're not, as we know ) it shouldn't be that difficult to have a certain quantity of seats - let's say not more than 5 - in which fat people can fit in. Contrary to what someone else said fat people are not totally responsible to be that fat. People who are obese are not only because they eat too much, there is a lot of others factors who are responsible of that, starting by the energetic structure they're from or psychological factor. It's much more complicated than "just eating too much".

It's nice to reply to a member whose user name matches my avatar.

Thai airways has made this announcement because the Boeing Company is following this directive:

"He explained that the business class seats have been installed with new safety belts and airbag system by the manufacturer in accordance with the safety standards of the US Federal Aviation Administration."

Boeing also makes an aircraft suitable for transporting  wide bodied passengers in total comfort,

toxicwaist.jpg.526b8e859f63c7b1211660a633005d2e.jpg

It is called a "Dreamlifter".and boarding passengers are loaded via conveyor belts.

image.jpeg.c513a85a2149b80a2f85c5b7f0ae8ff2.jpeg

Extra room is available for the storage of a much large selection of foods preferred by the larger members of the business class. Cabin crew, naturally, are also PLUS size . Windows are deemed unnecessary as passengers will normally be eating, drinking or sleeping, not gazing out the windows. Facilities are available if passengers wish to indulge in other "business".

Sweet dreams.

BTW, I have a 42" waist and consider myself fat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Thai airways has made this announcement because the Boeing Company is following this directive:

"He explained that the business class seats have been installed with new safety belts and airbag system by the manufacturer in accordance with the safety standards of the US Federal Aviation Administration."

Boeing also makes an aircraft suitable for transporting  wide bodied passengers in total comfort,

It is called a "Dreamlifter".and boarding passengers are loaded via conveyor belts.

Extra room is available for the storage of a much large selection of foods preferred by the larger members of the business class. Cabin crew, naturally, are also PLUS size . Windows are deemed unnecessary as passengers will normally be eating, drinking or sleeping, not gazing out the windows. Facilities are available if passengers wish to indulge in other "business".

Sweet dreams.

The Slothlifter is more appropriate.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bullie said:

And then Thai airways wonders why it is loosing money... Now I now at least one airline company that will never ever fly direct on the United States of America!

I understand that Thai airways likes to exude Thainess, but this is ridiculous. The days are long gone when Thai people were small, skinny and nimble, especially the ones that can afford a western diet.

And if the above picture displays a -very small looking- business class seat, I shudder to think what it will look like in coach....

Perhaps they can buy 2 seats?

22 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I'd like to see 'one size, fits all' or in laymens terms seats on all public transport big enough to carry whoever purchases the ticket.

(A small arrse has no prob whatsoever fitting into a bigger seat!).

Another consideration could be a maximum all-up weight limit ie passenger plus baggage. This would level the playing field when seats are occupied by:-

a) A Dwarf that has just cleaned out Harrods &

b  ) A Tellytubby travelling with nothing except hand luggage.

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bullie said:

And then Thai airways wonders why it is loosing money... Now I now at least one airline company that will never ever fly direct on the United States of America!

I understand that Thai airways likes to exude Thainess, but this is ridiculous. The days are long gone when Thai people were small, skinny and nimble, especially the ones that can afford a western diet.

And if the above picture displays a -very small looking- business class seat, I shudder to think what it will look like in coach....

Considering that a waist size of over 37 inches is entering the danger zone for health damage from obesity a 56 inch one is enormous,I am struggling to visualise it.

1 hour ago, Sakeopete said:

It's wonderful that we can still ridicule fat people without being branded as insensitive and politically incorrect. We have so few choices now when it comes to boosting our self esteem at the expense of others.

However we must be careful that the fat person isn't a visible minority or Moslem. Oh and no fat women, fat gays or fat disabled people.

We would want those liberal losers branding us now would we.

you are right about choices. we have a choice not to fill our cake-hole every waking hour.

i could easily eat buckets of KFC, mars bars and deep fried bannana all day long but will not, as some still have self control!

and forget the excuses like water retention, metabolism, genes....

this day and age people are tired of the BS excuses!

if they are fat they are fat no need to pay attention to any label, except maybe 'wide load'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Relax, this is just a threat for the hiso fat cats!  There will be no problem seating them in the coach so they can spread their waist all over their neighbors in the row!  

True story, I once took a flight from Las Vegas to Dallas sandwiched between two really queen-sized ladies.  They kept insisting on raising the arm rests so their fat could flow over me.  It was a nightmare that I will never relive!  :smile:

It is only funny now 15 years later!

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

That is a disgrace.  What was your 18 yer old son doing to attract such vocal rudeness, especially in Business Class? 

My son had flown business class many times before, after the evening meal service all completed, everything stashed away, my son politely asked for a glass of Coca-Cola.

Response from the trolley dolly  'Go and ask in economy class'.

The rudeness extended further but that's enough detail for here.  

Yea, those oh so small, skinny and nimble folk with a sub 56 inch waist. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Sweet dreams.

I worked part time after retiring driving a bus (Govt) in Australia.  You could not retain you job if you were more then 120 KG.  The drivers seat and steering wheel got in your way.  I was well within the limit but 50% of the  drivers were constantly in fear of loosing their jobs, some were suspended until they got down under 120 KG.  That is still the same in Western Australia today,  big men like to drive buses...that's life.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Complaining to the airline helps against obese persons.

On my flight Dubai BKK in Emirates i had the pleasure to have the belly of my neighbour on my arm for 6 hours...i asked for another chair but the plane was full.

It was disgusting and i won't fly with emirates anymore. They should ban fat people who don't fit in the chair.

I would have made his flight so uncomfortable he would be glad to move.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Good, the more the better.

I agree. It's ironic when they complain about the 1 additional kilo of hand luggage I had once and the guy behind me was at least 130kg.  I said "Really..." pointing behind me. She looked and smiled and I was good to go!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

you are right about choices. we have a choice not to fill our cake-hole every waking hour.

i could easily eat buckets of KFC, mars bars and deep fried bannana all day long but will not, as some still have self control!

and forget the excuses like water retention, metabolism, genes....

this day and age people are tired of the BS excuses!

if they are fat they are fat no need to pay attention to any label, except maybe 'wide load'

How much exercise have you done in the last 2 months? The below stats blow you out of the water....

Exercise during the previous week (each line being a different week)
2x Indoor sessions (1hr each) plus a 5km hill walk
1x Indoor session (1hr) plus 3km hill walk
3x Indoor sessions (1hr each) plus a 5.8km hill walk
Swimming 5x1hr
Swimming 7x1hr plus a 6km hill walk
Swimming 7x90mins plus a 4km hill walk
Swimming 7x90mins plus a 4km hill walk
Swimming 2x90 mins (+another planned for tomorrow morning!).

Tongue-in-cheek banter are perfectly acceptable but I hope you think twice before continuing your line here.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

55 inch waist, 132 cm

im 44 inch waist and I am a fat mongrel, anyone with a waist 19 inches more than me should have to buy 2 seats

• Haha 1

I cannot see this being applied in Australia and many other countries. The queue of professionally “ injured and traumatised “ by the outrageous discrimination displayed by Thai Airline will be miles long, Lawyers prepare yourselves for battle. 

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:
5 hours ago, Cadbury said:

This is only the beginning. The next big thing will be charging air fares by passenger weight. A few airlines are already doing it. 

Good. 

No, it's absurd. Next you'll be asking for discounts because you're a super lightweight. For example, why should my wife pay the same as most normal sized Farang. Maybe she should fly for half price.

6 hours ago, HLover said:

Best news of the day.

Now business class can be enjoyed without disruptive children and tubs of lard that spill into your personal space.

Size 56....give your esophagus a break.

5a0e1d305f5cce4508cf36d37d4a6d1d-sld.jpe

How exactly is it that the tub of lard is going to spill over into your personal space in these particular business class seats?

Curious.

• Haha 1