Two killed, 37 injured in Nakhon Sawan bus crash

webfact

By The Nation

gm.jpg

FILE  photo//Google maps

Two passengers were killed late Thursday night when an air-conditioned Bangkok-bound bus from Tak plunged into the drainage ditch between carriageways in Nakhon Sawan.

The driver and 36 other passengers were injured, with five left in serious condition.

Police said the accident occurred on Phaholyothin Road at Ban Thanon Khong, Tambon Nong Krod, Muang Nakhon Sawan.

Two women – Nini Aung, 32, from Myanmar and Pimlapha Kwinwalai, 24 – were killed when they were thrown from the bus.

Driver Suriyan Soomlai, 36, told police a motorcycle cut in front of him and he lost control in attempting to avoid a collision.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343574

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-20

By The Nation

gm.jpg.1333396c9adc9e0609372c21c185128f.jpg
FILE  photo//Google maps

Two passengers were killed late Thursday night when an air-conditioned Bangkok-bound bus from Tak plunged into the drainage ditch between carriageways in Nakhon Sawan.

The driver and 36 other passengers were injured, with five left in serious condition.

Police said the accident occurred on Phaholyothin Road at Ban Thanon Khong, Tambon Nong Krod, Muang Nakhon Sawan.

Two women – Nini Aung, 32, from Myanmar and Pimlapha Kwinwalai, 24 – were killed when they were thrown from the bus.

Driver Suriyan Soomlai, 36, told police a motorcycle cut in front of him and he lost control in attempting to avoid a collision.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343574
  thenation_logo.jpg&key=45c3cfd2ab4166f39e45e0effa38883351f609c80e3d701fdeba5fd778f0d97e -- [emoji767] Copyright The Nation 2018-04-20

How many times these serious accidents happen because there are usually no suitable crash barriers alongside the road edge?
In the rain at night the white line road markings “disappear” making it difficult for buses, often with many stickers on windscreen to obscure better vision, to stay on the road when driver “lapses” occur. The “cats eyes” are also of great help to see (and hear when hitting) with road safety.
Whilst not accepting lack of driver skills sometimes accidents could be reduced with road construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

Seat belts worn would probably have saved 2 lives?

The last time I traveled on a long bus trip I was the only one wearing a seatbelt.

It is easy to get the feeling: "Gee I am the only one wearing a seatbelt and all the Thai's think I am a silly ole farang"

being an outcast is a good thing

i am not infrequently in the same situation just looking around at the morons

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

The last time I traveled on a long bus trip I was the only one wearing a seatbelt.

It is easy to get the feeling: "Gee I am the only one wearing a seatbelt and all the Thai's think I am a silly ole farang"

Just hope there's no accident when you need the loo then !

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, marquis22 said:

LOL it's like   when I have absolutely no alternative  but to catch a death trap mini van I'm the only one not sleeping because I'm too petrified  watching what the driver speeding, tailgating and speaking on the mobile phone simultaneously.

On 4/22/2018 at 8:45 AM, electric said:

What's the point of the useless Google satellite pic in the OP ?

2 perfectly good relevant pics on the link in the original story.

I was wondering that too. Does it show the location of the accident.? The tambon etc address means nothing to me and I am sure it did not happen near Wat Kiriwong.