What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Does anyone else do a little sitting down dance when the music comes on for Hawaii Five-0?!! No? Ah, well.

I watched the first episode of The A Word, a new UK drama about a family coming to terms that their little boy is autistic. Probably going to be a tear jerker.

I really enjoyed the Night Manager, also the fact that us naughty downloaders saw episode six before the rest of the family. So have to stay quiet!!

Indian Summers is starting out good too.

May contain spoilers. Can't say I'm as enthusiastic as most here re "The Night Manager". I don't find the male lead at all convincing as a tough guy, especially when he was pretty much a lap dog in his previous profession. A couple more of the cast are also less than believable, Hugh Laurie's squeeze for one and his little gay friend is another. Disappointing.

I watched Wuthering Heights (yet again) the second time with Ralp Feinnes playing Heathcliffe. Geez the way he puts across those famous lines below are gut wrenching, so much emotion and anger displayed at the same time, brilliant absolutely brilliant acting.

"Oh! you said you cared nothing for my sufferings! And I pray one prayer—I repeat it till my tongue stiffens—Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then! The murdered do haunt their murderers, I believe. I know that ghosts have wandered on earth. Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

Does anyone else do a little sitting down dance when the music comes on for Hawaii Five-0?!! No? Ah, well.

I watched the first episode of The A Word, a new UK drama about a family coming to terms that their little boy is autistic. Probably going to be a tear jerker.

I really enjoyed the Night Manager, also the fact that us naughty downloaders saw episode six before the rest of the family. So have to stay quiet!!

Indian Summers is starting out good too.

Oh ,you just got me excited ,i thought it was a second series , enjoyed it when i watched it nearly a year ago biggrin.png

May contain spoilers. Can't say I'm as enthusiastic as most here re "The Night Manager". I don't find the male lead at all convincing as a tough guy, especially when he was pretty much a lap dog in his previous profession. A couple more of the cast are also less than believable, Hugh Laurie's squeeze for one and his little gay friend is another. Disappointing.

I havent seen E6 yet but i'm leaning this way too :)

Anybody watching "Better call Saul"?

So far I don't think it lives up to Breaking Bad.

Seems like an endless pile of loose threads...Mike's story, Kim's story, Chuck and his electric phobia, etc.

I keep waiting for the show to start! Jimmy becomes Saul, teams with Mike, gets down to biz. Maybe we get to see the rise of Los Pollos Hermanos? Get on with it, please.

We got another season or so before that starts I suppose. Has a lot of potential but will need some great scripting to avoid a flop as the concept here isn't nearly as compelling as Breaking Bad's. Maybe they're hoping that a massing of background interest will carry it.

Still, I'm liking what we have, such as it is, look forward to watching the latest episode every week.

I am really enjoying every show to date so far. It is really showing and developing toward what the end product was. We can see how Mike is being pushed to become a hit man, how Jimmy was just a crook with showmanship at heart and how everything is merging slowly into the drug scene. At some point we are going to see everyone break and that is what I am looking forward too...

I havent seen E6 yet but i'm leaning this way too smile.png

Couldn't get past episode three, just got too corny for my tastes.

• Like 1

Watched Batman Vs Superman at the cinema in 3D, IMHO film was far too long (approx 2.5hrs) & average (at best).

It felt like they were trying to set-up the sequel/franchise rather than having any real story, e.g. the subplot about Wonder Woman was completely irrelevant to (what little there was of a) storyline.

Pants... Even the 5 Filipinas I took to see it thought it was rubbish & they'll watch anything.

• Like 2

Watched Batman Vs Superman at the cinema in 3D, IMHO film was far too long (approx 2.5hrs) & average (at best).

It felt like they were trying to set-up the sequel/franchise rather than having any real story, e.g. the subplot about Wonder Woman was completely irrelevant to (what little there was of a) storyline.

Pants... Even the 5 Filipinas I took to see it thought it was rubbish & they'll watch anything.

Yes, it was craaaaap!

• Like 1

Finally watching Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Found a seamless, spotless HD version. That was a long wait.

Funny, i was thinking how quick it was out.

Pity it was marketed for 10 year olds.

Finally watching Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Found a seamless, spotless HD version. That was a long wait.

I missed out on all the marketing for it. There's none of that here where I live

(no cinemas really)

The film itself is essentially closer and sometimes similar to a A New Hope, with a little more flesh to characters and story. I found it an entertaining and at times funny action/adventure.

Han Solo carried it. But the youngsters are being groomed-in slickly with capable, strong performances.

Verdict: fun entertainment but a wee but Indiana Jones in Space

Edited by kayo

I missed out on all the marketing for it. There's none of that here where I live

(no cinemas really)

The film itself is essentially closer and sometimes similar to a A New Hope, with a little more flesh to characters and story. I found it an entertaining and at times funny action/adventure.

Han Solo carried it. But the youngsters are being groomed-in slickly with capable, strong performances.

Verdict: fun entertainment but a wee but Indiana Jones in Space

I was being facetious, I don't know who it was marketed for, I just found it cliched, childish and boring, but I never was a Star Wars fan.

• Like 1