What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Split (2016)

When three girls are kidnapped by a man with 24 different personalities they have work out which of those personalities will help them escape and which of those personalities will will try to stop them. James McAvoy produces a master class performence playing the psychotic kidnapper and 24 roles.

post2.jpg

Excellent movie. It's amazing seeing an actor play that many diverse personalities, not easily done. Very uncomfortable in some parts, and I love how the scenes were shot. A lot of uncomfortable eye contact done by James McAvoy. Overall, great film.

• Like 1

Saw Kong, Skull Island last night.

I am a King Kong fan, don't know why, I think I have seen them all.

I really liked this version, As long as you can accept the existence of really big creatures on a hidden Island, the rest of the plot is a lot more realistic than the previous Kong's (some of which I like simply because they were so bad)

A lot of stars in it, but I felt John C Rielly did an awesome job with his role. Perhaps he is moving on from being Will Ferrell's sidekick.

Also the skull crawlers were quite diabolical.

Anyhow, if your not a Kong fan, it might be your thing, But I'd watch it again.

• Like 2

Disgraced

An excellent doco which made my blood boil at times.

Summary: The background of the 2003 murder of Baylor basketball player Patrick Dennehy and the attempted, related cover-up
of NCAA violations rampant in the Baylor basketball program by Coach Dave Bliss.

I can highly recommend taking an hour and a half out of your bored lives to watch Billy Connolly's High Horse Tour 2016.

The man still had me crying with laughter and he still has that unique gift of the gab of which he is famous for.  And as he is 73 now and has Parkinsons he covers rather serious subjects with such a great outlook.

It's on PB.  Enjoy!!  And get the tissues out, not for tears of sadness!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, faraday said:

" The Son" Pierce Brosnan plays the part of a South Texas rancher, trying to avoid bankruptcy.

Watched 3 eps now, it's ok.

Couldn't get past the first 15 minutes, looked like it was going to be a 2017 version of Dallas.

• Like 2

Not getting a lot of quality here recently. OK, stuff I've been watching or are in the queue:

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea  (1954)

Sunset Boulevard (1950)

The 24 Hour War (2016)

Fat City (1972)

Something Wild (1986)

Night Moves (2014)

Love & Mercy (2014)

Lenny (1974)

The Man In The High Castle Season 2

Sherlock Season 4

Billions

Homeland

Line Of Duty

Better Call Saul

American Playboy: The Hugh Hefner Story (not too bad; boob men esp. will enjoy this)

And tomorrow to celebrate the last day of SONGKRAN:

Rogue One (2016)

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

I'm still watching the POTUS reality TV show, the new contestant is very good I think he may have had some reality TV experience. The fox POTUS fan club channel is also good.

NetFlix and Fuji TV project called Terrace House  - epicly trite and addictive japanese take on reality tv 3 girls 3 boys living in a big ass house while they pursue their goals. 

i fought it at first but im hooked.

courtesy over confrontation delightfully un american

http://www.polygon.com/tv/2016/12/8/13882986/terrace-house-netflix

On 4/18/2017 at 5:08 PM, JSixpack said:

And tomorrow to celebrate the last day of SONGKRAN:

Rogue One (2016)

Rogue One isn't very good except maybe for diehard fans. Little character development; a shame, 'cause Felicity Jones could have been so much more. Paper thin plot. Lots of action but the same Star Wars tropes. Even Darth Vader's voice didn't have quite the right depth & inflection. The CGI was fantastic, however; really updated the franchise.

Edited by JSixpack