What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

26 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Watched a couple of the Jack Irish telemovies last night,always liked Guy Pearce's acting.

The shows have the same leading song as Peaky Blinders.

I love that song.

• Like 1

Watched the last episode of Timeless , episode 16. , I love this series as I am a fan of time travel.  

It has been confirmed by NBC they will make a 2nd season in 2018. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faraday said:

The Bureau Season 3  is available on Sundance Now.

Waiting with patience for the Torrent.........:clap2:

That's a good pick up.

I've been trying to get a hold of Wasteland AKA Pustina either by download or stream for ages.

Managed to get the first 5 episodes and it's great.

Can't find the other 3 anywhere.

If anyone locates it somewhere, would appreciate a shout out.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Teddy Bear….a great danish film with thailand as the focus. A 38 year old bodybuilder who lives with his passive aggressive mom hits pattaya for a shot at love. Great film making. Found it on BOB….a kodi add-on…in the dansk section.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

That's a good pick up.

I've been trying to get a hold of Wasteland AKA Pustina either by download or stream for ages.

Managed to get the first 5 episodes and it's great.

Can't find the other 3 anywhere.

If anyone locates it somewhere, would appreciate a shout out.

I would try terrarium….I found lesser known series like El Chapo and Witnesses S2 there. Both those are ace btw.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 4:44 PM, Jai Dee said:

Re: Dark Matter

Well I downloaded and watched Season 1... geez it was slow at times. :saai:

There were some good episodes with a bit of action but my wife keeps nodding off. :laugh:

Yes, the "hot, kickass Asian Canadian fem in the lead" does hold the whole show together.

Now... can I be convinced to download Season 2 or not?

Tall order. Only if you have extra bandwidth. Low budget series tend to run out of steam as time goes on. Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1--though it has its moments--and degenerates towards the end into a Ming The Merciless subplot. It's bearable I suppose; at least the hotness continues. Four episodes into Season 3 and I'm lookin' for light at the end of the tunnel. At least I'm working out while watching, so not a total waste. :mellow: This has gotta be it.

Breaking Bad is worth revisiting. It's been well over 2 years since the series ended, so thought I'd give it another watch seeing the TV pickings are pretty slim at present. Surprising how much I'd forgotten, it was almost like watching it for the first time. What became even clearer was what total a-holes both Walt and Jesse were.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JSixpack said:

It's bearable I suppose; at least the hotness continues.

I bit the bullet and downloaded season 2.

I version I got was avi files with hard coded English subs.

Even though the missus can now read the subs and understand what's going on she still falls asleep.

Riveting stuff! :tongue:

But as you say... the hotness continues... :whistling:

I found a streaming option as well... very good quality.

Capture_76.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

Breaking Bad is worth revisiting. It's been well over 2 years since the series ended, so thought I'd give it another watch seeing the TV pickings are pretty slim at present. Surprising how much I'd forgotten, it was almost like watching it for the first time. What became even clearer was what total a-holes both Walt and Jesse were.

Yeah; Bitchhhh

I been hitting season 6 part 1 of Sopranos recently it's been very bare content wise for me of late. I did manage to watch Billions 2 which felt drawn out and a lot less sharp than the first installment and I just want to kill iTunes Fast and furious 8 I mean it shows as a 28.06.17 release date online on iTunes and is it even out yet? No

On ‎2‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, Jai Dee said:

I bit the bullet and downloaded season 2.

I version I got was avi files with hard coded English subs.

OK... I'll admit I'm a sucker for punishment.

I've finished watching Season 2 of Dark Matter already... 13 episodes over 3 nights.

It would appear that there at only 5 episodes of Season 3 available so my gluttony for punishment is going to end soon. :sad:

Melissa O'Neil is very watchable... :w00t:

Capture_80.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

OK... I'll admit I'm a sucker for punishment.

I've finished watching Season 2 of Dark Matter already... 13 episodes over 3 nights.

It would appear that there at only 5 episodes of Season 3 available so my gluttony for punishment is going to end soon. :sad:

Melissa O'Neil is very watchable... :w00t:

You have more patience than me, I only made it partially into the first season before becoming bored.

Now I am having trouble finding a really good tube downloader that includes merging srt files automatically.

14 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Now I am having trouble finding a really good tube downloader that includes merging srt files automatically.

'Jubler' on a Mac is my subtitle fixing app for minor time shifting - and can merge srt files easily, just select all in one file and copy paste to the second open file and save.

There's other good sources for tv etc, apart from torrents... rummage around with google - it's a bit of a fight club style 'first rule is not to speak of' blah blah thing but it'll pop up sooner or later.

59 minutes ago, coops said:

'Jubler' on a Mac is my subtitle fixing app for minor time shifting - and can merge srt files easily, just select all in one file and copy paste to the second open file and save.

There's other good sources for tv etc, apart from torrents... rummage around with google - it's a bit of a fight club style 'first rule is not to speak of' blah blah thing but it'll pop up sooner or later.

And for some very hood films you can download in HD while eating Popcorn.................

For anyone who enjoys watching Wuxia (circa 900 to 1200 AD China martial arts) series, albeit with sub titles, there is a depth of these available on Youtube under "Wuxia with English subtitles".

Some of the authors (Louis Cha..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_Yong) are quiet gifted and have written some incredible story lines that have been turned into long TV series such as "Legend of The Condor Heroes".

There have been mavy versions made including one in 2017 but the 2008 is reconned to be the best.

On ‎1‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:05 AM, JHolmesJr said:

Teddy Bear….a great danish film with thailand as the focus. A 38 year old bodybuilder who lives with his passive aggressive mom hits pattaya for a shot at love. Great film making. Found it on BOB….a kodi add-on…in the dansk section.

Nice call mate.

I really enjoyed this one.

• Like 1

I have been watching Riviera…a 10 part mystery/crime/drama offering from sky atlantic.

Not great but quite watchable….good cast …..lena olin, julia styles, anthony lapaglia.

a billionaires wife wakes up to a world of shady intrigue after his death.

can get all 10 episodes via elysium.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:46 PM, Rc2702 said:

I been hitting seaso I did manage to watch Billions 2 which felt drawn out and a lot less sharp than the first installment

Yes. Really nice scene at the end though, after all that had happened, that almost made up for everything. This isn't the entire scene, just a trailer:

The story of the Sideman

I really enjoyed this one from the Beeb.

Summary: Film shining a spotlight on the untold story of The Sidemen, the musicians behind some of the greatest artists of all time. The Sidemen are the forgotten 'guns for hire' that changed musical history. Featuring interviews with Mick Jagger, Billy Joel and Keith Richards, this film takes viewers from the 1960s to today, via global stars such as Prince, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones and Beyoncé.

• Like 1