What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Italian series on Amazon. 

Mafia undercover.

Trying to be in the mould of gommorah and whilst ratings are good it's no where as good.

Mini series 90 minutes per episode. First two episodes were very good.

English subs.

Tv series - El Marginal

Not sure if I've mentioned this one before as it's been a while since I've seen it.

But noticed it's now appearing on TPB with subs.

It's a terrific series.

Summay: Miguel, a former Argentinian cop, is sent by a judge to get into a prison in order to find the kidnapper of his daughter as a result of a favour. Once in there, he changes his name to Pastor Peña, and tries to survive by gaining the confidence of the recluses.

Tv series - Rest in Peace

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this one.
Twelve episodes with encoded hard subs available on the bay of pirates.

Summary: Lucija Car, a young journalist, stumbles upon a prison cemetery full of mysteries, when she does a reportage of that prison.

Quite enjoying Succession, but I don't warm to any of the characters.
They're all too self-interested, & I feel that although it's a good series, I could get bored with the relentless power struggles.
I don't have any empathy for them.
Agree on the empathy front! I'm probably more keen on seeing the father shaft all of his progeny rather than any of them doing well. And Tom, well, he has to be up for slimy schmuck of the year award!

Sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Prosecuters S02 ---there is just the 2 Episodes (1 hour each). First one Filmed over a year with behind-the-scenes access to the CPS and West Mercia Police  follows the investigation and prosecution of an astonishingly prolific criminal gang that uses drones to deliver drugs direct to cell windows at prisons across the UK. With the drugs costing more than 400% of what would be paid on the street, it was a lucrative business. As always, following the money' trail eventually yields results. With insights behind the scenes at court, we see how deals are made and the tensions between gang members being charged together in a conspiracy.

2. Modern Day Slavery --- deals with gang-run nail bars, unsuspecting customers are having their nails painted by underage Vietnamese girls who have arrived to the UK in containers or lorries and are moved around the country to work as slaves.

Tv Series - Meet the Drug Lords — Inside the Real Narcos

Enjoyed episode 1 of this one.

Three episodes in all with 2 available now.

Summary: Former Special Forces soldier Jason Fox puts himself on the line to meet the main players and explores how
the cartels continue to evade the law during the three-part series.

• Like 1

Sun, Sea and Selling Houses.

Part docu-soap, part property show, this fun packed series follows two ex-pat estate agent families as they sell the Spanish dream to British clients. With every show bursting with blue skies, stunning properties and character driven comedy, you've never had so much fun in the sun.

sun.jpg

Looking forward to the first episode of Fox TVs War of the Worlds tonight. Like the story, not so much the Tom Cruise version with Dakota (can I scream again) Fanning. BBC version coming soon too. Be interesting to see how they match up.

Damn. Well that was pilot error. It was the Tom Cruise version movie playing tonight. Seems the Canal / Fox version starts shooting this fall :(

Sent using Tapatalk

Just watched '15:17 to Paris' about the American Military men who encountered an ISIS terrorist on a French train and disarmed him and got Frances highest military honour.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

Tv Series - Meet the Drug Lords — Inside the Real Narcos

Enjoyed episode 1 of this one.

Three episodes in all with 2 available now.

Summary: Former Special Forces soldier Jason Fox puts himself on the line to meet the main players and explores how
the cartels continue to evade the law during the three-part series.

I served with Foxey and Aldo Kane back in the mid-nineties. They’ve done some really good TV since coming out of the forces. Aldo’s also done some great TV stuff with Steve Backshaw, if you have a search. Plus the pair of nutters also rowed across the Atlantic a couple of years ago - “Team Essence”. I’ve been stuck in Thailand for the past 17 years working in O&G....oh well.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Saw a double feature with the kid at Terminal 21 today:
1. Meg: ridiculous

Meg: ridiculous.....Yer.....agree, I had no choice  (mothers day) didn't even measure up to Jaws----acting so hammy ----Oh well another year before I have to go to through that again.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

It is pretty amazing what passes for entertainment anymore...

Agree...…….a friend was raving on about Deadpool 2, so I downloaded it and started to watch it. Turned it off after 5 mins, IMO absolute crap.

• Like 1

Movie - Pop Aye

Nothing special but decent enough I thought.

Summary: On a chance encounter, a disenchanted architect bumps into his long-lost elephant on the streets of Bangkok.
Excited, he takes his elephant on a journey across Thailand, in search of the farm where they grew up together.

• Like 1