What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

13 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Maybe close but probably no cigar, I went to see Kurosawa's Throne of Blood at the BFI on Tuesday.

indeed...folks should have a look at the classics before rendering judgments on this thread...

the final battle scene from the Seven Samurai (1954)...probably the best action scene ever filmed...and with no CGI or robots...

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/203403/Seven-Samurai-The-Movie-Clip-There-Are-13-Left.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tutsiwarrior said:

indeed...folks should have a look at the classics before rendering judgments on this thread...

the final battle scene from the Seven Samurai (1954)...probably the best action scene ever filmed...and with no CGI or robots...

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/203403/Seven-Samurai-The-Movie-Clip-There-Are-13-Left.html

I can remember watching 7 samurai with my Dad, a long time ago. It was very good, although I doubt I understood it all.

You make a good point about CGI & etc. Although the use of this tech makes a movie visually exciting, one would not be in awe of the acting skills, the choreography, or the stunt arrangements, as it wouldn't be there.

Are there any good actors anymore, or are they just reliant on clever cgi...?

On 10/25/2018 at 8:38 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Pod Prikritie AKA Undercover

Was hoping this series from Bulgaria would eventually turn up with subs.
Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes.

All 12 episodes are available now.

Summary: The specially trained agent Martin has been appointed to the most dangerous mission in Bulgaria - to
go undercover in the gang of the mafia boss Dzharo.

Where did you find this with subs?  Didn't see anything where the ship sails.

The bodyguard series aired on Netflix this week I spotted it last night and stayed up till 6am binging the first 5 episodes. 

Very enjoyable but perhaps a little bit obvious at times and could have been a bit more of a mystery in places.

Not sure the choice of a political angle was a good one either.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:35 AM, faraday said:

I can remember watching 7 samurai with my Dad, a long time ago. It was very good, although I doubt I understood it all.

You make a good point about CGI & etc. Although the use of this tech makes a movie visually exciting, one would not be in awe of the acting skills, the choreography, or the stunt arrangements, as it wouldn't be there.

Are there any good actors anymore, or are they just reliant on clever cgi...?

yes there are loads of good actors and a few great actors.

• Like 1

"Mile 22," An elite American intelligence officer, aided by a top-secret tactical command unit, tries to smuggle a mysterious police officer with sensitive information out of the country. starring Mark Wahlberg, and lady from Walking dead,cannot remember her name. 

quite a good action movie,plenty of killing, which the wife likes ! twist at the end.

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"Mile 22," . 

quite a good action movie,plenty of killing, which the wife likes ! twist at the end.

regards Worgeordie

Yer mile 22 good movie Worgordie. Thanks

Alpha

Good popcorn family movie----kids (that means Thai female up to age 90 ) will love it......but its well worth a look great cine--graphic

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Alpha

Good popcorn family movie----kids (that means Thai female up to age 90 ) will love it......but its well worth a look great cine--graphic

I'm a kid at heart and am downloading it as I type...…………..will be watching it tonight!