Hotel crackdown continues

Rimmer

Hotel crackdown continues

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya-area authorities continued their crackdown on illegal hotels, checking accommodations on Beach, Second and Third Roads.

Banglamung District Chief Naris Niramaiwong and Pattaya police chief Pol. Col. Apichai Kroppech and Tourist Police commander Pol. Lt. Col. Piyapong Ensarn led the May 1 inspection squad

The majority of hotels, guesthouses and smaller apartments offering daily and monthly rents lacked documents to operate as hotels. Most were foreign-owned and a large number had foreign employees, all of whom were taken to the police station to verify their visas and work permits.

All the hotels will be given an opportunity to show the proper documentation or apply for them if needed. Should they fail to comply, court orders will be sought to close them down.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-17

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Something is wrong in this picture ? Where is the Pol Maj General Deputy Chief of the Tourist Police ?:jap:

Why not make a crackdown on the taxi cheats refusing the meter, the bag snatchers, the farangs who fight on the streets, the agressive lady boys or the drug peddlars and perhaps those pumping sewage into the sea ? ?  ?

Wow, you made me think of Paris. Same same but?

2 hours ago, GBW said:

Wow, you made me think of Paris. Same same but?

Euh ?!!..maybe you are mistaking the Seine river for the sea ?...and never had a Paris taxi driver refuse to turn On the meter so, sorry to ask, but where is the ressemblance with Paris ?

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Is that it?

I am sure you can add a few more complaints to the list of things you hate about this place..... 

hum !...looks that the truth upsets you ? sorry, was not my intention to do so :jap:

• Like 1

makes me wonder how many of those places up off of Soi Lengkee or soi Bukao are not reporting foreigners that check in and therefore may cause problems later for the traveler who thought that was all taken care of?  I know Soi honey has many foreign owned bars with rooms up top that offered decent value and location.

35 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

makes me wonder how many of those places up off of Soi Lengkee or soi Bukao are not reporting foreigners that check in and therefore may cause problems later for the traveler who thought that was all taken care of?  I know Soi honey has many foreign owned bars with rooms up top that offered decent value and location.

I think the hotels that rent rooms by the hour have fallen below the radar...

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

I think the hotels that rent rooms by the hour have fallen below the radar...

I don't mean places like that.  but there are several decent rooms for rent all over that area.  Harry's run by a Belgian fellow as I recall, and up on Soi Lengkee the Golf Inn or something like that I have stayed at several times.  Clean and convenient for a few weeks in town.  easy to walk to a nearby hotel and pay to use their pool

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I don't mean places like that.  but there are several decent rooms for rent all over that area.  Harry's run by a Belgian fellow as I recall, and up on Soi Lengkee the Golf Inn or something like that I have stayed at several times.  Clean and convenient for a few weeks in town.  easy to walk to a nearby hotel and pay to use their pool

Do you know that they don't register their foreign guests details or presume it?

I believe it is done on-line and quite straight-forward.

If they don't I wouldn't expect it to cause tourists undue aggravation when they leave the country. The tourist would not be at fault and I just don't see immigration verifying all nights in Thailand are accounted for with hotel registration. 

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Euh ?!!..maybe you are mistaking the Seine river for the sea ?...and never had a Paris taxi driver refuse to turn On the meter so, sorry to ask, but where is the ressemblance with Paris ?

The Seine River flows into the sea, check google maps and see the result of 'black water'. 

Farangs fighting, yes, in Paris, and all over the world.

BAG SNATCHERS! the worst I have seen in all my travels.

Drugs, anywhere you like there.

Taxi's, well across the board, Parisians are just rude. Taxi's offended if you dont give them a tip.

• Confused 1

It's the way they do this that annoys me.  A hotel I know was done for licencing - correctly as it happens, they were running a hotel on a condo building licence.

Anyway, owner out of the country, manager (owners wife) up country.  So, they arrested all the staff.  Quite what the staff did wrong I was unable to find out.  Best guess, police thought one of them was the owner or manager and lying about it.  I was involved only in posting bail for a girl (got it back BTW).

20 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

makes me wonder how many of those places up off of Soi Lengkee or soi Bukao are not reporting foreigners that check in

Some maybe but not the one in Soi Lengkee that I frequent.

As often as I have gone there they will always carefully check my passport.

Last time the departure card was not in the passport.

She was searching until asking me for it.

And the manager is Thai of Chinese origin :smile:

Edited by KhunBENQ

19 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

If they only rent a few rooms--I forget the number--small guesthouses and shophouses with a few rooms on the upper floors, for example, are exempt from having a hotel license.  It's in the Hotel Act.

If they only rent a few rooms--I forget the number--small guesthouses and shophouses with a few rooms on the upper floors, for example, are exempt from having a hotel license. It's in the Hotel Act.

They dont have to get a licence but they do have to register, as far as I know. I think that even fewer places do that than get a proper licence, yet there must be hundreds of thousands of such places over Thailand.

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2018 at 1:33 PM, mikebell said:

There's any number owned by police on soi 6.

The police and now army have a financial  interest in most places of fun One reason for the coup...to redistribute wealth under the veneer of cleaning up corruption.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 8:12 PM, observer90210 said:

Something is wrong in this picture ? Where is the Pol Maj General Deputy Chief of the Tourist Police ?:jap:

Why not make a crackdown on the taxi cheats refusing the meter, the bag snatchers, the farangs who fight on the streets, the agressive lady boys or the drug peddlars and perhaps those pumping sewage into the sea ? ?  ?

Or the Russians on Cosy Beach

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2018 at 11:20 PM, observer90210 said:

Maybe you are mistaking the different sections of any police force. Since when does any immigration police or immigration official in any country interfere in any other section of the police force. Maybe you need to refocus your complaints to the right people.