DLT introduces electronic driving test

webfact

2 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:
So strap on your seatbelt and take a look at the deadliest countries to drive in.
  • Namibia. 45 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Thailand. 44 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Iran. 38 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Sudan. (Reuters) ...
  • Swaziland. 36 deaths per 100,000 people per year. ...
  • Venezuela. ...
  • Congo. ...
  • Malawi

I have a feeling this electronic driving test is really not going to help a whole lot.....

IIRC originally Libya was the number one country for deaths at 67(?) per 100K head of population. It seems to have disappeared off the listing completely - probably due to the instability of the country, not producing any statistics for a long time.

• Like 2

“You’ve hit one of the markers. I’m sorry to say you’ve failed the test.”

(rustle of a brown bank note)

”Congratulations. You’ve passed your test.”

Electronic game drivers tests?  How about providing free driver training for all students in the schools like they did for me when I was a student.  Why would you expect drivers to know how to drive safely if they have never been trained to drive?????

If the test subject passes this test with flying colors I hope they only get a license to drive the electronic test machine. 

Driving a real car with other real cars and motorcycles doing stupid illegal things all around you is NOT the same as driving a computer.

Giving them a license to drive a real car is a sure recipe for disaster.

Astonishing..... the lengths that those in Thailand of decision making positions will go to to avoid the simply doing things the right way.

In this case and many others all Thailand needs to do is copy many other 'more' developed nations. 

Thailand is no different from other countries, so why they have to do things so differently is astounding. A video game will not improve road safety, every kid can play video games already... Real training, real tests, real enforcement are the only effective measures which can be taken... In short... REAL EFFORT is required.... I sometimes wonder if this is all too much to overcome the overwhelmingly apathetic approach to pretty much everything... 

Edited by richard_smith237

5 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Will this lead to a change in the lack of traffic law enforcement on the roads.

That's the big issue.

Good point, further will the 'electronic' driving test be controlled so that nobody can interfere with the results, and will it be available all over Thailand and easy to access for all?

More, will the driving candidate who failed get a detailed report to learn what he/she did wrong, so they can learn?

27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Astonishing..... the lengths that those in Thailand of decision making positions will go to to avoid the simply doing things the right way.

In this case and many others all Thailand needs to do is copy many other 'more' developed nations. 

Thailand is no different from other countries, so why they have to do things so differently is astounding. A video game will not improve road safety, every kid can play video games already... Real training, real tests, real enforcement are the only effective measures which can be taken... In short... REAL EFFORT is required.... I sometimes wonder if this is all too much to overcome the overwhelmingly apathetic approach to pretty much everything... 

Well said, Thailand knows best....

Reminds me of the first lesson of an MBA class at a prestigious Thai university 6 months before the start of ASEAN. Professor asks 'who can explain in detail the purpose of ASEAN'.

No response, and the class included some senior Thai business people, specifically the national sales managers from 2 high profile off-shore cosmetics companies. 

Then a more junior student said 'Professor I Know the answer can I try? Yes, of course.

She continued 'ASEAN is a project to copy Thailand, to build another Thailand, because Thailand is so professional, modern and successful.

There were about 8 foreign students in the class, all expat employees of MNCs (they were all hesitant to speak until the Thai students has made comments). They burst into laughter. One asked 'where is this new Thailand, where on the map?

No further comments from the student. She realized the foreign students were laughing at her, and she realized there is no such land. At the next break she was brave enough to ask 'why did you laugh?'  This produced a series of informal polite discussions (foreign students with the young Thai student) to explain to her.

More, none of the other Thai students attended these discussions. Why? Obvious, they didn't want to lose face by showing they didn't know the subject.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

also aligns with the government's policy of developing the potential of human resources. 

mind numbing double speak mumbo jumbo... sounds like something a teenager would throw into their book report to add a few words, LOL

Why do they need to learn to reverse into a parking space? If there's no bloke blowing a whistle and waving like a lunatic to assist then they just double park.

I suppose it could reduce bribery of instructors on these 3 minor aspects of driving viv a vis safety, but it will still be wide open to abuse and allow drivers to be passed with flying colours on all of their other  'Carnage Capacity' skills.

Every day a new joke. Noone can be laughing anymore. Continue in that way make you all accomplices of the road killers!

46 years ago I made my driver license in Germany, I must do at least 15 hours of driving in a driving school and several hours theory lesson. The exam was one full day, morning theory and driving afternoon under usual traffic in the city.