Ford Everest reliability ... again.

PAV123

22 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

The only true SUV as the other makes are simply pick up trucks with modifications. 

The noise suppression is also great on the latest models, but buy the smaller engine, not much difference in power.

The new Everest has either the 2.0 215h motor with 4wd or 180hp with 2wd. There is a 200k difference between the top 4wd and 2wd. To me the 2wd looks decent value as it has all the kit the 4wd has. There are no reviews on the new Everest as yet, but dealers have test cars now.

3 hours ago, DavisH said:

The new Everest has either the 2.0 215h motor with 4wd or 180hp with 2wd. There is a 200k difference between the top 4wd and 2wd. To me the 2wd looks decent value as it has all the kit the 4wd has. There are no reviews on the new Everest as yet, but dealers have test cars now.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news/2018-ford-everest-to-add-a-2-litre-engine

Everest 2 litre.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, fullcave said:

Really? I heard worst in the class with regards to fuel economy. 

Being the worst in it's class (if that is true in the real world, not manufacturers contrived figures) doesn't mean it's bad.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, superal said:

Coming back from BK 2 days ago in a tourist bus in the outside lane as normal when we were undertaken by a new Ford Everest ( red number plate ) . As it passed us the drivers side window visor / rain protector came flying off and just missed us . Not a good advert for the vehicle and the driver was unaware what had happened . Could have caused an  accident if it had hit our windscreen . People in the front of our bus were alarmed and discussing it for quite a while . So I have to assume that the visors are only stuck on with an unfit for purpose glue or tape . I seem to recall a similar incident on the Everest maybe 1 year ago concerning another body part coming unstuck . 

Pity cos a good looking motor . 

Are they factory fitted?

18 hours ago, superal said:

Not standard by Ford . Have to be fitted as an extra , please refer to earlier post 24

I know, my comment was rhetorical. 

Please explain, then, why you are having a go at Ford by saying that the parts are "not fit for purpose" and dangerous.  Ford did not supply or fit the parts, they are not an original part of a Ford Everest and there is no correlation between them and "something similar you seem to recall" concerning a different part.

23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Being the worst in it's class (if that is true in the real world, not manufacturers contrived figures) doesn't mean it's bad.

For some it's not an issue. However the newer models have had an engine upgrade so should be much more fuel efficient. 

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I know, my comment was rhetorical. 

Please explain, then, why you are having a go at Ford by saying that the parts are "not fit for purpose" and dangerous.  Ford did not supply or fit the parts, they are not an original part of a Ford Everest and there is no correlation between them and "something similar you seem to recall" concerning a different part.

I was unaware that the window visors were not a standard item fitted by Ford and was told this in a later comment .

Certainly not having a go at Ford , however I think you have to be prudent & trusting of the outfits that are installing any add ons .

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

I was unaware that the window visors were not a standard item fitted by Ford and was told this in a later comment .

Certainly not having a go at Ford , however I think you have to be prudent & trusting of the outfits that are installing any add ons .

Ford has them as an accessory, that can be requested. These would b fitted by the dealer. Or they could have been fitted by another accessory shop. They are not standard from the ford factory fitted to every car. 

• Thanks 1

But, how about reliability and maintenance. Someone who has a 2015/16 with high km.

We have a 2015 T+, but it has only done 28K kms so probably not that applicable... it has had the rear oil seal changed and also the crankshaft sensor ... both QC issues with a supplier.   I did take out the extra two years warranty though ... just in case?

We really like it and would buy again. The ride as someone on here commented is 'boat like' ... I would describe it is 'not too firm'.  If you are wondering about FE look me up on fuelly.com

18 hours ago, superal said:

Certainly not having a go at Ford 

"Certainly not having a go at Ford".

What?  What else but that was your comment doing then!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Certainly not having a go at Ford".

What?  What else but that was your comment doing then!

Makes sense if you think about it.

Trims, carpets, tool kits, manuals etc all come in a plastic bag inside the car.

After they take delivery at the retailer they do the mandated checks, and pre delivery requirements.

The standard goodies are fitted.

The after sales sell items are then fitted, or applied. 

Plastic visors, tow packs, fabric treatment, paint treatment.

This is where they claw back some of the discount they gave you when the deal was signed up.

I know the Teflon paint enhancer used to be $30.

Application and stamp you certificate.  $350.

Ka ching. $$$$

Edited by dallen52
  • Like 1