UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

12 minutes ago, bomber said:

The negotiations have been sabotaged by the pro Euro group and the negotiators

How can that possibly be?+??? Such facile comment.

THE EU doesn't need to negotiate at all....it was the Brexiteers who asked to leave.......The EU were just being kind to a bunch of old fools.

[Sic]

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Another one, spouting project FEAR.

So you think it's a good deal?

I notice that the Brexiteers were a bit quiet for a while there...... either stunned or problems with the longer words?

Anyhoo, so who thinks it's a good deal

Who's happy now?

Let's hear from the Brexiteers....

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 1

So if the currency goes south and the bottom falls out of the labor market, why would manufacturers move out?

And for every one that moves out, why would there not be a greedy, money-grubbing multinational moving in to exploit the weak currency and cheap labor?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bomber said:

wars are different to politics and bizzness if you hadnt noticed,also we didnt do very well on our own in WW2,we were kicked from pillar to post and saved by an ocean and the USA,the state of the UK today is even worse,we had to get the help of the Japs/Germans to save our motor industry,rolls royce is about the only great british engineering company left and it has welcomed the deal,airbus will go (14000 jobs) as will nissan,toyota,bmw etc with a no deal (100,000 jobs)  never mind JC will re open the mines and pay £50k pa to the miners and we will sell the coal cheap to poland,china,veneuzuala,cuba and North Korea,all will be well

I see Vauxhall now French owned are talking about pulling out.

10 minutes ago, adammike said:

Once the Irish realised they had been lied to by the anti EU brigade and conned they then found out the truth they voted  massively for Lisbon,much the same as will happen in the UK when they have a peoples vote.

What part of Ireland's 'no' does the EU not understand?

EU officials' behind-doors deal to force a second referendum in Ireland reveals their utter contempt for Irish voters, and for democracy itself. It is an historic sucker punch against the sovereignty of the people.

The Irish were subjected to a tirade of slanderous abuse when they dared to reject officials' carefully crafted and profound (in truth, overlong and turgid) document on the future of the EU. One Brussels official described them as "ungrateful bastards", on the basis that Ireland has received lots of handouts from the EU and thus should be more obedient to its paymaster.

We've been here before. When French and Dutch voters rejected the European constitution in 2005 (and according to Valery Giscard d'Estaing, the current Lisbon treaty is the "same as the constitution"), they were sneeringly insulted by their betters in Brussels.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/dec/13/eu-ireland-lisbon-treaty

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, adammike said:

I see Vauxhall now French owned are talking about pulling out.

I see you didn't provide a link if you had we word have read

Vauxhall's French owner PSA is considering shutting down one of its two UK plants in case of a drop in car demand post-Brexit, a source close to the matter has said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-vauxhall-closing-car-plant-psa-peugeot-business-stockpiling-eu-a8636531.html

Makes you post look stupid doesn't it as closing a single plant is not the same as pulling out completely

Edited by vinny41
  • Like 2

So if the currency goes south and the bottom falls out of the labor market, why would manufacturers move out?

And for every one that moves out, why would there not be a greedy, money-grubbing multinational moving in to exploit the weak currency and cheap labor?

Finally, a Brexiteer who is honest about what Brexit is about. A paradise for multinationals.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Cheap labour haha ..your mad the benefit system pays more for many and will pay even better with JC pulling the strings

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Nah, you've got to take a punt.. It not over 'til The fat lady May sings.

Then there's the entertainment value to be considered.

You can not accuse May of being fat ( or of being a dancer) maybe she can sing

I honestly think she has done her best for the country. What more could one ask of a leader? I certainly can not name any Tory who could have done better for the country.

50 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Vauxhall's French owner PSA is considering shutting down one of its two UK plants in case of a drop in car demand post-Brexit, a source close to the matter has said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-vauxhall-closing-car-plant-psa-peugeot-business-stockpiling-eu-a8636531.html

Makes you post look stupid doesn't it as closing a single plant is not the same as pulling out completely

Is "pulling out" the same as "pulling out completely"? If so, why make the distinction?

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Is "pulling out" the same as "pulling out completely"? If so, why make the distinction?

The ops original post was misleading as he/she well know he wrote "I see Vauxhall now French owned are talking about pulling out."  which is hence why he didn't provide  a  link to support his claim as there is difference between Vauxhall considering closing a single plant out of 2 plants "

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I honestly think she has done her best for the country. What more could one ask of a leader? I certainly can not name any Tory who could have done better for the country.

Its the end of the road for the Hard Brexiteers. There is no Parliamentary arithmetic that gives them success. Notwithstanding of course the deranged contributions wanting to sell us a dead HB parrot wrapped in the flag.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

You are right, she's has made the 'best' mess we have ever seen.

All past 'Stan & Ollie' UK leaders have made 'another fine mess'

in their time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Its the end of the road for the Hard Brexiteers. There is no Parliamentary arithmetic that gives them success. Notwithstanding of course the deranged contributions wanting to sell us a dead HB parrot wrapped in the flag.

Remainers have already been palmed off with 48 million dead EU parrots wrapped in scarry, fake, Orwellian newspapers.

But the Democratic HB parrot is a tough old bird to stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

You are right, she's has made the 'best' mess we have ever seen.

All past 'Stan & Ollie' UK leaders have made 'another fine mess'

in their time.

I disagree 

How do you manage a problem like Brexiteer?

(I feel a song coming on)

Half your party sees a chance to make big bucks out of the low level munchkins who don't get it

Half of your party knows it's a barmy idea but they are terrified of their consituents

You need the support of a bunch of dark nutcases.

You have a very odd bunch to pick ministers from.

But you're high church, well brought up and want to do what's best.

I think she's done rather well. Don't you?

Her final act should be state openly what we all know is the optimal solution which is no brexit. Then call a referendum to have that ratified. And finally resign and retire to a nice place in the Cotswolds.

We don't want Brexit and we certainly don't want Corbyn.

Edited by Grouse

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

What's up vinny? Are you a bit stressed? Brexit not going so well maybe,don't worry Boris is waiting in the wings he will make it all better.actually I read it the telegraph as it's behind a paywall I only read the heading and it definitely said "plants"in the UK.

Edited by adammike
Addition

Well, here's a thing...

Took a Taxi tonight from The British Club to The Landmark

Stopped by police

Random check!!

About a dozen uniforms.

Frisked and emptied pockets

Produced British Passport and work permit.

I am 64 years old

NO comment

I do indeed value being in the EU.

Goodnight all.

• Haha 1