Man arrested for alleged attempted rape of nine-year-old girl at Bangkok temple

webfact

I had a discussion along these lines with my Thai sister-in-law some years ago. The attitude seems to be that it's in a man's nature to be a sexual predator and there's not much that can be done about it. On the other hand, she regarded girlie magazines as the height of perversion!

The problem with this cultural belief is that it can be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I fail to understand this mentality of wanting to inflict yourself on a little nine-year girl (or boy or any age for that matter) what is the attraction? I just don't understand. In Thailand, especially, one can find sex for a very small investment, or even cheaper, do it to yourself for free in a place where you are not going to cause a disturbance to anybody else. It is a  completly different mentality to what i can understand and it doesn't matter what nationality you are. Sick sick sick pricks.

3 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

This idiot's balls should be removed. There are security camera's everywhere as witness.

These kind of people are everywhere in the world. Girl child should be thought how to be safe.

World has changed, idiots wait for the pray everywhere across the globe. Thailand is not the worst.

In US and Europe religious priests pray on young boys and girls, that is unfortunate and religion is slowly dying now.

Sadly religion is not dying fast enough. There are still far too many short-sighted people who will believe anything!

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

A few years ago, there was an article online somewhere, that, as you say, child molesters, rapists, tend to be ignored in prison in Thailand... but this article said they are also ignored in prisons in some other countries in that part of the world also.  

Mention was made...again... just like you mention... that the greatest crime was Patricide.   The murder of one's own parents or grandparents. 

If you are in southeast Asia and murder your parents or grandparents....  going to prison is a death sentence.  Don't expect to come out alive.  Other prisoners will probably kill you... or mess you up permanently.

But sick child sexual abusers and rapists tend to be totally ignored in prison by the other prisoners in southeast Asia for some weird reason.    Why ? ? ?   What's with the culture there ? ?   What's the explanation ? 

Child sexual abuse was way down on the list.  Not like in the west where we cherish and protect and defend our children.

Perhaps rape in this country is so common, that it is not thought to be a big deal...(by men of course). Seems like the police don't think it's a big deal either after reading the other thread in the news today.....

5 hours ago, cnx355 said:

Exactly !  How can he be a taxi-Motocycle ?  $$$$

The Untouchable Mob

How many Taxi Motorcycle rider have D.L in Thailand they are a special breed can cut you off, pull out in front of you  most of them act like they are untouchable (KGB)

Edited by bontang

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Ae has been charged with molesting a minor under 15, taking away a minor from her parents, illegal detention, drunk driving and taking a drug (marijuana).

Is that all Mr plod, I am sure you can come up with more charges than that, OK get out the rope, nuts first, neck tomorrow

5 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

This idiot's balls should be removed. There are security camera's everywhere as witness.

These kind of people are everywhere in the world. Girl child should be thought how to be safe.

World has changed, idiots wait for the pray everywhere across the globe. Thailand is not the worst.

In US and Europe religious priests pray on young boys and girls, that is unfortunate and religion is slowly dying now.

Pray and prey. There is no difference in most religions it seems.

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Sadly religion is not dying fast enough. There are still far too many short-sighted people who will believe anything!

Everyone attached to a religion somehow, some times if there is an empty place something would fill in.

If you or me having a child, would be scared of sending to churches until and unless if you are so poor to be in the Church services.

I mean to say, if Churches makes sure the Child safety long ago, Christianity would be in a better place now. Pope Francis is reforming, let us see how it goes.

3 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

I don't think the "Religion of Peace" is dying in fact gaining ground all the time, and strangling Christianity  wherever it goes, what's left of Christianity that is of course!

If genuinely priests show sincerity to teach something good, it would in better place. Hope Pope will fix the mess around the world.

7 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

cut them  off with a blunt rusty knife and make him eat them 

2 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Everyone attached to a religion somehow, some times if there is an empty place something would fill in.

If you or me having a child, would be scared of sending to churches until and unless if you are so poor to be in the Church services.

I mean to say, if Churches makes sure the Child safety long ago, Christianity would be in a better place now. Pope Francis is reforming, let us see how it goes.

I now have little faith in religion or in Pope Francis' reforming process.  One has to ask why a normal man would want to remain celibate for the rest of his life, which is supposedly a requirement for a Catholic priest.  Admittedly, some may have absolutely no interest in sex, but many are surely escaping from something. I have heard Catholic priests claim that they are "married" to Christ.

• Like 1

In his forties and never had an I.D,ir even a birth certificate?? Has he ever been to school??Has he applied for a job,rent a condo or been to any public office???Don't you need I.D for all those activities??can you live in Thailand till you are over 40 without any one ever asking you who the hell you are??

On 9/21/2018 at 8:18 AM, bananafish said:

When I was the same age I made my own way to and from school, which was about a 1 mile walk each way on top of flagging down a bus or taxi when I reached the main road. 

When I was the same age I used to walk ten miles each way in the snow and going uphill! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fullcave said:

When I was the same age I used to walk ten miles each way in the snow and going uphill! 

When I was the same age I would run 26 miles through the Dagenham jungle every morning. Some of it was swamp and some uphill. Fighting off preditors all the way with my bare hands.

Edited by owl sees all