Foreigners behaving badly: Now westerner takes guard's bicycle in Chiang Mai

rooster59

Foreigners behaving badly: Now westerner takes guard's bicycle in Chiang Mai

561000010911802.JPEG

Image: Manager

There has been another episode in Chiang Mai that shows a foreigner behaving badly.

Following the vandalism at the Tha Pae gate earlier in the week this time a bearded man was seen stealing a hotel security man's bicycle. 

And he nearly kills himself in the process. 

CCTV showed him casing the joint before making off on the bike that was too small for him. He nearly rides straight into passing traffic.

Phuwadon Yothinrattanakamthorn, a guard at Le Canal Boutique House in Muang district of the northern Thai capital, said that he rides into work every day and usually puts his bike away immediately. 

But this time had left his conveyance out.

"He could have asked to borrow it," said Phuwadon. "I don't know why he had to steal it". 

He added there are lots of cycles available in the city. 

Earlier in the week Lee Furlong from Liverpool and Brittney Schneider from Canada, both 23, were arrested after spray painting on the historic wall. 

They face years in jail for the crime that has been reported around the world. 

The penalty for theft during the hours of darkness - more serious than during the day - could also see the latest miscreant doing jail time in Chiang Mai.

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-20
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Some security guard if he cannot guard his own property, never mind guarding his employer's property!

I think it is time he was fired and told to "get on his bike"!

PS; ???? Oops I forgot he no longer has one!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Haha 1

The penalty for theft during the hours of darkness is more serious than during the day? What a strange law. Surely theft is theft regardless of when it takes place.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Stupid, like Robbing a Post Office. Steal 50$ get 1year Steal more and sentence goes up.Do they think Mr 50 would have nor taken 12k if it was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, generealty said:

VDO quality is so bad wonder anyone could make out what nationality he was. He acted very drunk and not able to handle the bike, so check the hospitals for all entrants for that evening.

Good Point. Why is it a 350Bht Dash Cam from Lazada takes better night vids.

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Why are these scum bags now visiting Chiang Mai? I thought Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok were their destinations! 

Always have been in Chiang Mai, its just that the bigger population heads get the higher percentage of them

• Thanks 1