The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Seems like a pop at Alli, well that’s how the media are seeing it. He’s doing a Luke Shaw on him but I seems to be backfiring.   I would say if they took Son or Kane out. He was singing the praises of Lo Celso recently so I’m not sure what his interview will do for the likes of him. 

Don't worry about what the sun prints. 

Alli is an absolute <deleted> show and has been forever, the remit with that prat is simple. Get him on form get his value upto 50m and get rid. 

More trouble than he is worth and has completely lost his way. 

3 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Don't worry about what the sun prints. 

Alli is an absolute <deleted> show and has been forever, the remit with that prat is simple. Get him on form get his value upto 50m and get rid. 

More trouble than he is worth and has completely lost his way. 

Over the past few weeks you have cemented your position as the Thai Visa Football Forum sadcase.

How does it feel?

• Like 1

Manchester United legend and England 1966 World Cup winner Nobby Stiles dies at 78

He was part of Manchester United's side which was the first English club to win the European Cup in 1968

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-manchester-united-legend-england-19195381

0_JS42994094.jpg

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

Never really saw him play but a name which I heard a lot growing up, especially when people were talking about 'hard men' footballers. But it's obvious he must have been a very good footballer too.

2 league titles, a European Cup and a World Cup. And apparently a great guy too.

RIP 

22 hours ago, polpott said:

I wouldn't worry about it. Your team always packs up and goes home at Christmas. How many times this century have they actually finished the season ahead of United? This season will be no different.

Hahaha 6-1 suck it up.

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

That result is a trophy for them. It goes into the cabinet alongside the 2008 League Cup.

There is a lot of room in that cabinet. 

There's certainly no chance of them winning the Champions League this season. I'd bet my house on it. 555

31 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Never really saw him play but a name which I heard a lot growing up, especially when people were talking about 'hard men' footballers. But it's obvious he must have been a very good footballer too.

2 league titles, a European Cup and a World Cup. And apparently a great guy too.

RIP 

I come from the same area my mates older brother was a good friend of his, Nobby gave my mate his shirt from the semi final World cup

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I come from the same area my mates older brother was a good friend of his, Nobby gave my mate his shirt from the semi final World cup

Oh yeah you from Collyhurst? 

Don't know North Manchester too well. But I knew a bird from there. 

• Like 1

I remember a Chelsea -United game 1969? A cross came in and Nobby headed it for all he was worth straight at our goal. luckily the ball bounced off the crossbar and went behind for a corner. The Stretford End were giving him a bit of stick so he dropped his shorts and mooned them. The whole stadium was in fits and Nobby ran off with that insane grin.

Nobby was the fans favourite because he was "our Nobby" as , unlike Charlton, Best and Law, he had stood on the same terraces as us when he was a kid. A true Mancunian with a smile for everyone but the heart of a lion. We will never see his like again on a football field.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, polpott said:

I remember a Chelsea -United game 1969? A cross came in and Nobby headed it for all he was worth straight at our goal. luckily the ball bounced off the crossbar and went behind for a corner. The Stretford End were giving him a bit of stick so he dropped his shorts and mooned them. The whole stadium was in fits and Nobby ran off with that insane grin.

Nobby was the fans favourite because he was "our Nobby" as , unlike Charlton, Best and Law, he had stood on the same terraces as us when he was a kid. A true Mancunian with a smile for everyone but the heart of a lion. We will never see his like again on a football field.

There was another game I think it was Benfica I'll have to look where Nobby openly chinned the guy but Paddy Crerand got sent off

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Huh? What are you wittering on about sadcase?

You've stopped making any sense at all recently. First some nonsense about mac emails and now this 

He's probably some sadsack alchie sat in his room bashing out random keys on his keyboard. There's no such thing as "mac emails".

Edited by polpott

14 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

De Gea
Tuanzebe Lindelof Maguire
Wan-Bissaka McTominay Pogba Shaw
Fernandes
Greenwood Rashford

I definitely want to see Tuanzebe starting. If 3 at the back is the only way to achieve this, then so be it. I'd be happy with that lieup but so would I be with several other combinations, its nice that, at long last, we have quality cover for every position. Winning teams need strength in depth.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, polpott said:

I definitely want to see Tuanzebe starting. If 3 at the back is the only way to achieve this, then so be it. I'd be happy with that lieup but so would I be with several other combinations, its nice that, at long last, we have quality cover for every position. Winning teams need strength in depth.

I agree if we play 3 at the back Axel must start, but I wouldn't be changing the formation to try and wedge him in. Happy to let Maguire and Lindelof get comfortable together again as they've been on the right track. 

For me the biggest issue would be playing Pogba over VDB! But there is a chance neither may start 

Just now, RickG16 said:

I agree if we play 3 at the back Axel must start, but I wouldn't be changing the formation to try and wedge him in. Happy to let Maguire and Lindelof get comfortable together again as they've been on the right track. 

For me the biggest issue would be playing Pogba over VDB! But there is a chance neither may start 

VDB got some stick for his last performanc but I saw the game as VDB looking lost and not knowing his place early in the game. However, in the last 20 minutes he looked class and made a real contribution. Just needs game time. If Pogba starts playing up again I'd be happy to kick him into the long grass and play VDB in his place. Potentially more of a team player.

Its a problem in several positions, players who have serious potential but not getting game time. I know this is unpopular, but the biggest dilemma is Henderson. needs first team starts but can't leave De Gea out in his current form. For me, Henderson is England's No:1. Played great at Sheffield last season, maybe they should have left him there for another season.

34 minutes ago, polpott said:

I wonder if the goons will manage 6 today?