Have you had a good life?

ivor bigun

1 minute ago, Denim said:

No.

I was referring to some of my past habits, which habits I have now given up as I have had my fill of them.

Dissipation :   intemperance, immoderation, excess, profligacy, abandonment, self-indulgence, wildness;

My goodness, you learn something new everyday. Dissipation has another meaning I had never come across before. This is from an Oxford Dictionary. Third meaning (disapproving) "living a life of harmful but enjoyable activities."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, puukao said:

At ThaePae Gate, some idiot came up to me and asked if he can feed the birds.  I just pointed to the MASSIVE sign that said you cannot.  Then he asked me to guess his age.  Then he told me how he looked so young and felt so great.  Then he told me that he exercises a lot, and tried to explain his last exercise.  I smiled, said, "great" and walked away.  

maybe he thinks he has a good life.  but really a completely narcissistic moron.  This is Thailand, most farangs are deeply flawed.  

My point:  Probably low IQ, thinks he has a good life, or wants me to tell him that he is....but in all reality, according to my metric, his life is pathetic.  

We have this 70+ year guy living in our condominium with his 30 year younger gf. He came over and told me how lucky he was, and how life turnaround for him, when he met this wonderful wonderful woman. At the same time I overheard his gf talking to my gf, and from what I could understand, it was a totally different story, and I got it confirmed later on. 

So, I guess happiness is just for some, and not all. They still together a year after, but she continue to move out, and come back when i beg long enough. He still happy thow when I see him, and due to his own statement. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Hmmm. At Machu Picchu, if allowed sufficient time by the guide you could sit and ponder your/our small place in the grand scheme of things.

Madagascar. East African with a European twist. might be different enough.

They say travel broadens the mind but it doesn't seem to work on people who visit/live in Thailand. Judging from all the glass half empty whinging that goes on on expat Thai forums.

Went to Siam Reap last week, it was $37 to enter Angkor Wat, so I just sat and drank 50c beer and smoked cannabis all week instead. I prefer my mind pickled rather than broadened.

I did take a photo at the entrance though, and a few selfies for facebook.

angor 1a.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Health is a lottery. The only thing one can do is to pick one's parents well.

you picked your parents???? my cousin kept saying that he saw the light while his mother was giving birth to him, when he realized their looks he asked to be put back in

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you picked your parents???? my cousin kept saying that he saw the light while his mother was giving birth to him, when he realized their looks he asked to be put back in

Sounds like a Les Dawson joke. 555

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

When i read posts like old crocs,i thank my lucky stars that i was born into a loving family,who were not short of a bob or two,had a good education,then lived in London in the swinging 60s,mixing with some great and well known people,then travelled had great girlfriends and wives, even if they did not always last,have two great kids and ,now a wonderful wife as we enter the last part of the journey. Boy was i lucky.
Even the bad bits were good,now where have i heard that before?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Maybe the ones who experienced really hard times, enjoy life and small things more than those who is borned with a silverspoon in their butts? Who knows what truly feeling of love and happiness is? I think I know, and it comes and goes, with some incredible highs, and some deep deep lows. But the rollecoaster always turn upwards again, so here we go again, fasten your seatbelts, it over before the skinny lady sings sour????

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Life is more than beer and women for me. If it was only women I lived for, I would have killed myself long time ago ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mavideol said:

life is only as good as you make it.... keep in mind we only have one thus enjoy to the max

Unless your part feline or get resurrection from the ice demon on Game of Thrones.

Oh, and the zombie apocalypse option is a possibility too...

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Mavideol said:

life is only as good as you make it

Probably come as a surprise for people who are denied the chance to make themselves a happy life ... Syrians and most Venezuelans as well as those born with significant physical handicaps come to mind. 

I've had a fairly decent life, maybe to some extent due to my own efforts, but also in part attributable to the luck of the draw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

had a great life, one regret, although i am not bitter about it, i wished i never got married.

i married the wrong woman for the wrong reason and broke that poor woman heart.

i was too young and too stupid to understand that sort of commitment.

i would never marry again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

I'm not as bright as you.  I married 3 wrong ones in a row.  I should have stayed in Thailand when I first got here in 68 instead of going back West and getting screwed so many times.  I probably would have been screwed here too but it would have cost less and been more fun. 

some people learn quicker than others. one time was enough for me to relies the whole marriage thing is a scam set up by governments and women. im a quick learner when it comes to carving up MY money ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1