Scamming At Immigration

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think if the OP seasons his account at more than 800,000 baht for 3 months is it?... (and now 2 months afterwards)....  he will then meet the requirements... 

So.. OP - for how many months have you had more than 800,000 baht in your account?...   It may be possible to fly out and do a visa run or apply for a tourist Vientiane etc while you bide your time seasoning 800,000 baht in your account. 

Unless of course I'm missing something. 

You missed he was using the income method, not funds in an account.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought they were showing some leeway for this year as people wouldn't have known they had to transfer 65k per month until at least October last year (when the Embassies announced they weren't doing Income letters anymore) & in reality until December/January when the 65k per month rule was officially announced.

The requirement has always been 65,000 baht per month.

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month:

ORDER OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU
No. 327/2557

Section 2.22

29 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There probably have been 100+ TVF forum threads on this general topic over the past couple months...

And in NONE of them has it ever even been remotely suggested that Immigration would accept monthly payments AVERAGING at least 65K per month.  It's always and only been discussed as a MINIMUM of 65K each and every month.

Hard to understand why anyone would go into an extension application process at this point thinking the averaging method was going to be accepted.  But then again, it's a member making what appears to be their first post... so perhaps they haven't been reading or paying attention.

Very true. Apart from that think that the op is over reacting to his own mistakes with what is required using income method. Rather than sell his condo etc, he is better off getting a non-0 (perhaps Laos) and starting over. Sounds like he is not skint. Just wack 800k in Thai bank.

As TallGuy points out, first post so perhaps unaware. As I mentioned in similar thread....I wonder how many xpats will have trouble for next extension. Many people haven't even heard of thaivisa. Blissfully unaware. As for "scam thing" mentioned by OP. Nothing new here just ignore.

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

That would have only left him 600K to spend in the 6 month period.

Be a little more sympathetic for those who have a hard life.

100K a month, I could manage on that as long as I didn't have big rent to pay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spoke to a friend today who just completed his extension through a seasoning agent. He was told in a couple of days he wouldn't be able to do the same and time will tell but the next time if possible at all it would cost a lot more.

And also told the election result could shake things for the better.

Edited by stud858
  • Like 1