Decent breakfast around Suk soi 8

Kenny202

I would rather have a Thai style omelet with rice than be pissed off about the crappy foreign style breakfast you're most likely to be served. And what is it with the Brits and beans for breakfast.....really?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I would rather have a Thai style omelet with rice than be pissed off about the crappy foreign style breakfast you're most likely to be served. And what is it with the Brits and beans for breakfast.....really?

Those pork omelets with rice are tres nomnom. In fact, you just inspired me to get my butt moving and find one.

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Those pork omelets with rice are tres nomnom. In fact, you just inspired me to get my butt moving and find one.

Mmmmm.... 

The ground pork that's been sitting out in an open bowl all day, unrefrig, collecting flies... The cheap white rice that will send your blood sugar levels soaring. The eggs fried in yummy palm oil that's been used and reheated about 1000 times until it's pitch black.... All in all, a heart attack waiting to happen.

15 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Been quite a while but I liked this place for a quick breakfast.  Looks like they've moved further upstream on Suk now.

https://www.facebook.com/thenewyorkercafe/

They used to be in a small hotel lobby right near the corner of Asoke and Sukhumvit, but I passed by there the other day and noticed the place was gone. I thought they'd gone out of business. But I see from your link above they've moved to Suk Soi 22....  Hope they can find a customer base there....

IMHO, between NYC and their former neighbor at Chu in the Exchange Tower, Chu was better by a wide margin.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Mmmmm.... 

The ground pork that's been sitting out in an open bowl all day, unrefrig, collecting flies... The cheap white rice that will send your blood sugar levels soaring. The eggs fried in yummy palm oil that's been used and reheated about 1000 times until it's pitch black.... All in all, a heart attack waiting to happen.

Just had me a cornaree and I got unplugged, so the old blood pipes will stay open a bit longer thank you????

On 3/13/2019 at 2:40 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

They used to be in a small hotel lobby right near the corner of Asoke and Sukhumvit, but I passed by there the other day and noticed the place was gone. I thought they'd gone out of business. But I see from your link above they've moved to Suk Soi 22....  Hope they can find a customer base there....

IMHO, between NYC and their former neighbor at Chu in the Exchange Tower, Chu was better by a wide margin.

I believe they closed the soi 22 location now as well. no surprise as the location was terrible way way down the soi from Sukhumvit. Its a shame they moved from the old location as it was a good option; offered something a little bit different from Chu in that area.

7 hours ago, wordchild said:

I believe they closed the soi 22 location now as well. no surprise as the location was terrible way way down the soi from Sukhumvit. Its a shame they moved from the old location as it was a good option; offered something a little bit different from Chu in that area.

They're still showing up on FoodPanda as of today....

https://www.foodpanda.co.th/restaurant/t3zp/the-new-yorker-cafe

Places show, and will deliver, on food panda, even after the restaurant closes. I have seen that before ( on at least 2 occasions) ; probably  the guy is cooking in his condo kitchen!

i drove down 22 a couple of weeks ago and noticed the place was shut- I think it even had a “ For Rent” sign up on the building.

i might be wrong, and hope I am actually, as I liked the original place and the owner.

Edited by wordchild

17 hours ago, wordchild said:

Places show, and will deliver, on food panda, even after the restaurant closes. I have seen that before ( on at least 2 occasions) ; probably  the guy is cooking in his condo kitchen!

i drove down 22 a couple of weeks ago and noticed the place was shut- I think it even had a “ For Rent” sign up on the building.

i might be wrong, and hope I am actually, as I liked the original place and the owner.

you might be thinking of the parrot cafe, it fronts onto soi 22 and closed down a couple weeks ago.  i'm not sure what is going on there as i passed by recently in the morning and it looked like people were eating in there again. 

you wouldn't be able to do a drive by the NYC deli, you'd have to walk by, in order to know the status (it is near the end of a sub soi, no cars go down there).  the sign is still up but i haven't been down the side soi in a few weeks.  sometimes i get food at the restaurant (name: dive) next door to the NYC deli.  i think they have the same owner but not positive (an american guy, named guido).  it is the second sub soi once you've pass the marriott (coming from sukhumvit).

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 1:01 PM, buick said:

you might be thinking of the parrot cafe, it fronts onto soi 22 and closed down a couple weeks ago.  i'm not sure what is going on there as i passed by recently in the morning and it looked like people were eating in there again. 

you wouldn't be able to do a drive by the NYC deli, you'd have to walk by, in order to know the status (it is near the end of a sub soi, no cars go down there).  the sign is still up but i haven't been down the side soi in a few weeks.  sometimes i get food at the restaurant (name: dive) next door to the NYC deli.  i think they have the same owner but not positive (an american guy, named guido).  it is the second sub soi once you've pass the marriott (coming from sukhumvit).

OK, i get it, i did not realize they had moved again. When they first moved out of the hotel lobby they were way down 22 , well past the school on the right. now it looks like they moved again to one of the sub sois off 22 near the 22 Marriott. i will give the new place a go as its a bit nearer Suk.

Coffee club Soi 11 at the t junction. 

Excellent coffee, and things like avocado toasts and real food options, including a decent eggs benny.

For those of you who don't consider a 200 baht fry up or pre cooked buffet breakfast and want something other than brewed coffee

Edited by metempsychotic

• 3 weeks later...

Best breakfast in Bangkok and/or Pattaya is Dynasty Inn. They are on Suk Soi 4 (a couple of steps past the entrance to NEP) in BKK and on Beach Road Soi 13 in Pattaya. I always get 2 scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, toasts, coffee and home fries, coffee and orange juice for 240 baht. Their home fries are the best outside of the southern USA. They cut their potatoes fresh in the restaurant fried with mixed in onion slices. I highly recommend them.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hugh Lao said:

I've always liked the Bus Stop in soi Nana. A good western or thai breakfast at a reasonable price.

they useta have other nice western stuff on the menu...my favorite was the beef stew with a side of garlic bread...but the new building doesn't have the same nice garden ambiance as before...(talkin' about ten years ago?)

On 4/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, expat67 said:

Best breakfast in Bangkok and/or Pattaya is Dynasty Inn. They are on Suk Soi 4 (a couple of steps past the entrance to NEP) in BKK and on Beach Road Soi 13 in Pattaya. I always get 2 scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, toasts, coffee and home fries, coffee and orange juice for 240 baht. Their home fries are the best outside of the southern USA. They cut their potatoes fresh in the restaurant fried with mixed in onion slices. I highly recommend them.  

Where else in Bangkok have you had breakfast then?

• Like 1